Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Journey 6 mos post op

I had the gastric sleeve 9/25/12 and am down 90 lbs today. Started out at 255.5 size 20/22 pants and 22/24 shirts. I'm now wearing a size 10 in jeans and a large or medium in shirts. I bought my first dress just because... No wedding, funeral etc! I feel great. I'm struggling with food ideas. I'm super picky when it comes to foods so any ideas would be great. Best decision I have ever made for myself tho. Good luck to every one out there!!!

Congratulations!!

awesome!! Cant wait to see pics!

I had the gastric sleeve 9/25/12 and am down 90 lbs today. Started out at 255.5 size 20/22 pants and 22/24 shirts. I'm now wearing a size 10 in jeans and a large or medium in shirts. I bought my first dress just because... No wedding, funeral etc! I feel great. I'm struggling with food ideas. I'm super picky when it comes to foods so any ideas would be great. Best decision I have ever made for myself tho. Good luck to every one out there!!!

That's just crazy!!! You must feel so good now! Please post pics as it inspires us pre-op people! Just when I start to feel like I'm going to back out, I read something like you just posted or see before & after pics & I think to myself, "I just HAVE to do this!"

I hope someone will give you more food ideas too!

Congratulations to you!!

Congrats!! I'm suppose to have the surgery, but still have many steps before they will schedule! This sounds silly to others I'm sure but I also am super picky...I hate being so picky but it's something I've lived with. Also this is something that terrifies me about getting the surgery! I try to laugh it off but it's scary wondering how I will survive with liking a hand full of different foods. I will check back for ideas on receipes. :)

Thanks everyone! I need to figure out how to post pics. Can I add to this thread? Although I've read this site for months I only just joined tonight so I haven't figured it out yet. At pixie dust....only you know if this is for you. It's a big decisions with possible risks. I was over weight for 20 years and was up and down. With every up came more weight. Turning 40 I was done. If I did this another 20 years is be 60 and have missed out on the majority of my life. Enough was enough. I wish I had the will power to have done it through excercise and eating right! I just needed extra! Now I wish I would have done this 10 years ago. I haven't had any complications, my surgeon says the surgery was meant for me. I didn't have any issues such has diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea etc. just fat! But I know being fat would have killed me eventually. Like I said this was the best decision I have ever made for myself! I wish everyone the best of luck, it's tough but a different kind of tough. If you need support just hollar, I'm here for you!!!!! Hugs from Illinois

Congrats!! I'm suppose to have the surgery, but still have many steps before they will schedule! This sounds silly to others I'm sure but I also am super picky...I hate being so picky but it's something I've lived with. Also this is something that terrifies me about getting the surgery! I try to laugh it off but it's scary wondering how I will survive with liking a hand full of different foods. I will check back for ideas on receipes. :)

Kristi71, thanks for sharing your story. I have two weeks until my surgery, and it's stories like yours that reassure me that I'm making the right choice!

Your surgery will be here before you know it! You will experience so many emotions right up to it. Hang in there. It's tough being picky. Unfortunately my tastes didn't change like others. Veggies are still nasty lol! I eat many of the same foods daily. I'm learning how to cook for me and my family..... I live on dairy cheese milk yogurt cottage cheese low fat Beans etc. Those are my staples with a mix of other things. Maybe you'll be lucky and your taste buds will change. Try to remain open and optimistic!

That's just crazy!!! You must feel so good now! Please post pics as it inspires us pre-op people! Just when I start to feel like I'm going to back out, I read something like you just posted or see before & after pics & I think to myself, "I just HAVE to do this!"

I hope someone will give you more food ideas too!

Congratulations to you!!

Thanks everyone! I need to figure out how to post pics. Can I add to this thread? Although I've read this site for months I only just joined tonight so I haven't figured it out yet. At pixie dust....only you know if this is for you. It's a big decisions with possible risks. I was over weight for 20 years and was up and down. With every up came more weight. Turning 40 I was done. If I did this another 20 years is be 60 and have missed out on the majority of my life. Enough was enough. I wish I had the will power to have done it through excercise and eating right! I just needed extra! Now I wish I would have done this 10 years ago. I haven't had any complications, my surgeon says the surgery was meant for me. I didn't have any issues such has diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea etc. just fat! But I know being fat would have killed me eventually. Like I said this was the best decision I have ever made for myself! I wish everyone the best of luck, it's tough but a different kind of tough. If you need support just hollar, I'm here for you!!!!! Hugs from Illinois

I have all of the above mentioned co-morbidities. Well, not sure about sleep apnea, but who knows? I'm just into my 50's & while I still haven't had the sleeve done, I wish I had thought of it at least 10-15 years ago. I've been carrying the majority of my weight for nearly 20 years also. I feel sorry that my husband got stuck with this. :( He married a beautiful woman & I'd like to become that woman again...altho he's such a saint, he still looks at me as if I was still that beautiful woman. He has NEVER mentioned my weight. Maybe he doesn't see it? LOL! He still makes me feel as beautiful as I once was. I'm a lucky woman. Now I want to be a healthy woman too!

I am scared but not having the sleeve, I'm guaranteed to die of a disease caused by me being obese, so I really have no choice.

I'll be around when you get those pics posted! ;)

I have bought a slow cooker, I am a yorshire girl and love stews which are very healthy without the dumplings, and with lean meat will prrovide the Protein, well done on your weight loss, x

Congrats! That's awesome and inspirational! I'm only one week post-op and I hope I have similar success. If you don't mind me asking, do you work out and how much? I'm hoping to return to the gym this week, but I still get tired easily. Any tips to share?