Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am guilty of taking sips from the pickle jar, olive jar, hot pepper jar, etc. soooo delicious. No harm in a couple sips as long as you can drink some extra water!

Loved it as a kid but afraid to with all the sodium as an adult

Wow! What's a Bahama Bucks? lol!

It's a shaved ice place...fruit cups...coffee...flavored drinks...there all over down here. Very yummy.

Tofu smoothies? Umm eww. That gives me a mental picture of chunky mushy yuck lol. I want something cold and refreshing when it's 115 degrees outside!

It's a shaved ice place...fruit cups...coffee...flavored drinks...there all over down here. Very yummy.

Tofu smoothies? Umm eww. That gives me a mental picture of chunky mushy yuck lol. I want something cold and refreshing when it's 115 degrees outside!

I put silken tofu in my smoothies and it's really good! And I don't even live in California like Laura-Ven. :) I also even like cottage cheese in smoothies, and I would never eat that by choice!

I never found my pickle juice drinkers? Anybody out there? :)

Me me me!! I thought I was the only one!! I love pickle juice! I crave it! I munch on pickles as Snacks and every time I get one I have to drink some juice! My husband thinks I'm weird but then he hates dill pickles. I also find that after I drink some I'm thirsty which in turn causes me to drink lots more water! Love it! Lol! Oh and for me I will eat any pickle but pickle of choice are the ones in the refrigerated section in the grocery store, the Claussen brand! They are the best in my opinion!

Me me me!! I thought I was the only one!! I love pickle juice! I crave it! I munch on pickles as Snacks and every time I get one I have to drink some juice! My husband thinks I'm weird but then he hates dill pickles. I also find that after I drink some I'm thirsty which in turn causes me to drink lots more water! Love it! Lol! Oh and for me I will eat any pickle but pickle of choice are the ones in the refrigerated section in the grocery store' date=' the Claussen brand! They are the best in my opinion![/quote']

Not surprising pickle juice makes you thirsty. It contains a lot of sodium and potassium. It's great for preventing cramps. Lots of cyclists drink it during long bike rides.

To me it's a clear liquid with no acidity so I don't see why a post op person couldn't have it as soon as they felt well enough to drink it.

I LOVE pickle juice! One week post op I was really wanting some food and for some reason fixated on pickles. Talked with my nutritionist and she said it would be fine to drink the juice as long as my stomach tolerated it. It was fine and helped things "move along" shall we say. Mmmm . . . Pickle juice!

Thanks for all the great responses! I checked with my NUT yesterday and she had no problem with a little Pickle Juice - no more than a couple of ounces. She said to just be mindful of the sodium! Drink away my fellow pickle juice sleevers! :)

Thanks for all the great responses! I checked with my NUT yesterday and she had no problem with a little pickle juice - no more than a couple of ounces. She said to just be mindful of the sodium! Drink away my fellow Pickle Juice sleevers! :)

Perfect! That's all I drink on any given day anyway! Woo hoo!!

Pickle Juice is yummy. My whole family...cousins, nieces, etc drink it! We fight over who gets it! It's great on a hot day...better for you then gatorade!

I craved Pickle Juice after VSG. I drank some post op day 4. I also found it to be very soothing after I had my tonsils removed.

i have used dill Pickle Juice to get rid of gas before. don't know why i didn't think of it since i had my sleeve. and i didn't know it was good for leg cramps. should i drink it as a preventative before bed or drink when i'm having the leg cramps in the middle of the night? i'm going to drink some right now to help with the gas. i'm 11 days out, does the gas ever go away?