Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

now that the weight is dropping off i feel like i could've done this myself

I know without this surgery it would be a up and down roller coaster but now that the weight is falling off I'm starting 2 feel like I could've done this myself

weight is falling off - starting 2 feel like I could've done this myself

toy27

glad the weight is coming off!!!

i don't "think' you did this WLS in vain - it is wonderful :)

you will be very happy with your results!!!

i would have too much trouble keeping the weight off (that was my main concern)

i/we yo yo'd all our lives - losing, gaining etc

it was getting the better of me - diabetes, hb pressure - CPAP

in my case and many OP - we can loose the weight, just never able to keep the weight off :(

without the help of the sleeve - i woundn't have been able to get the weight off

i had to take serious steps to improve my life

continued success

good luck

I have done it before myself - to a point! In the past, I've lost up to a total of 83 pounds at a stretch, before losing my motivation and gaining it all back, and then some. I've lost as much as 40 pounds in 8 weeks before, dieting on my own, but I could never keep it up for the long haul. I feel that this is the tool that's going to keep me going until I get where I need to be, and then help me stay there permanently!

I have lost between 500-750 lbs in my life.....why was I 269 when I got my lapband and why had I gained 30 when my lapband had slipped. i knew I couldn't do it by myself so I have the sleeve to help me along lifes journey now!

toy27

glad the weight is coming off!!!

i don't "think' you did this WLS in vain - it is wonderful :)

you will be very happy with your results!!!

i would have too much trouble keeping the weight off (that was my main concern)

i/we yo yo'd all our lives - losing' date=' gaining etc

it was getting the better of me - diabetes, hb pressure - CPAP

in my case and many OP - we can loose the weight, just never able to keep the weight off :(

without the help of the sleeve - i woundn't have been able to get the weight off

i had to take serious steps to improve my life

continued success

good luck[/quote']

That was my problem 2 keeping the weight off I was just sleeved april 3rd 2013 I think its my time 2 go thro that stage when u say what in the heck did I do 2 myself

That was my problem 2 keeping the weight off I was just sleeved april 3rd 2013 I think its my time 2 go thro that stage when u say what in the heck did I do 2 myself

That is an understandable stage...

It was a major thing you just did, a radical step.

But we have all ended up here because of so many weight loss attempts, successes and failures in the past.

Interesting.... Have you ever tried to lose weight before?

Many times lost it then gained it back the most I've lost at a time was 110 pounds I was 215 when I got sleeved on april 3rd 2013 I had lost 45pounds not just with the pre op diet but b4 the reason I choose 2 have the surgery is because I found myself doing it again gaining the weight back & didn't wanna b the fat peson anymore my heightest weight was 280 didn't want 2 ever c that again I guess its my time 2 go thro that what did I do 2 myself stage yes I am happy with the results but now reality hit imma have 2 take Vitamins and drink shakes 4 the rest of my life

The shakes are necessary right now for nutrition and healing' date=' but you do not have to have them for the rest of your life! I promise! :)[/quote']

I hope not when I talked 2 my nut. She said 2 get the needed Protein in u still will have 2 do atleast 1 ahke a day 4 life

The shakes are necessary right now for nutrition and healing' date=' but you do not have to have them for the rest of your life! I promise! :)[/quote']

I hope not my nut said 2 get the right amount of Protein in u still woukd have 2 do atleast 1 shake a day 4 life

I hope not when I talked 2 my nut. She said 2 get the needed Protein in u still will have 2 do atleast 1 ahke a day 4 life

Your nut sounds like a nut! :P

No really, I will always say listen to your doctor,

But after you are past the healing stage and on a totally normal diet. If you eat right you can meet your Protein goals with real food!

Now.... I'm 5 months out and still drink a shake for Breakfast but ONLY because I'm lazy and I like my shake :)

I hope not my nut said 2 get the right amount of Protein in u still woukd have 2 do atleast 1 shake a day 4 life

I am only 9 weeks out and am able to get at least 60 g of Protein in most days without doing any protein supplements. On the occasional off day, I make a fruit smoothie and add some unflavored Protein powder if I'm having trouble getting enough in.

My NUT told me it's better to eat your meals than drink them! Focus on high protein foods first, and you certainly will NOT have yo drink Protein shakes for the rest of your life.

My dietician said it is okay to keep having a shake for Breakfast if I want - it definitely beats no breakfast by a long shot and she knows I'm not a fan of eating first thing in the morning. However, it's better to not depend on them after the first few months - at that point you should be able to get your Protein through normal sources.

Vitamins, well, they're probably part off our reality after the sleeve, unless you're REALLY focused on planning out your meals to include all your nutritional needs. It can be done, but who has the time or wants to live that regimented a life? Besides, I've been taking Vitamins and medications for years. It's something I can do without stress or fuss. I'll be happy to trade doing something I already do anyhow for getting the weight off and keeping it off!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using VST

Thanks every1 for your help & I will definately b talkin 2 my NUT &doing more research