Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CIGNA APPROVED ME!

IN 5 days! I called the customer service line to check my authorization today....and it said I was Approved and my approval number! Usually I would get a live person to explain where things were. My surgery is on Wednesday the 24th...so to all you Cigna insurers....follow their criteria exactly as outlined for approval. I used my PCP to do my nutritional 3 months of supervised dieting. Coached her on how to do 3 separate clinic notes and the buzz words she needed to mention so that they were highlighted in my clinical picture. My BMI was 38-39. With a long documented history of OA of both knees and severe sleep apnea( diagnosed during my assessment and complaints of loud snoring getting worse as reported by my husband)which showed up with my increased weight. So her recommendation rather clearance letter for the surgery was only one paragraph the said I was a good candidate, had failed multi attempts to maintain any weight loss and that my weight has increased pressure on my knees and further caused my severe apnea. Of course my bariatric surgeon did a good job too...I just did not see his note.

So....next week this time I will have joined the ranks of sleepers.. This website I have scoured over many threads and have found it to be quite helpful. Since December I have been lurking and learning..so I am encouraging all my Cigna insurers keep the faith, but document well and follow requirements to the letter. Good luck and hope you will have a great outcome....keep the faith!

Yay for you!! Congrats!! Keep us updated!! :)

Thanks...and I will....have to share my experience because this site has been very valuable to my journey because others have shared theirs!

Oh I am so glad you posted. My PCP used the same wording and I was worried. Have my last appointment. Monday and them they will submit. Fingers crossed for quick approval.

Sissytx, if you followed their guidelines, you will be fine! You will be sharing good news soon!

Tennessee Sleever Soon,

Paperwork sent to Cigna on 4/15/13, got approval number today. YEA YEA YEA! Due to Doctor schedule surgery will probably be sometime in June. I am super excited! Thanks Cigna

So glad you will be joining us! Congrats!

This is great to hear about Cigna and fast approvals... I've done my 3 months, my consultation is this coming Wednesday, psych consult the next Wednesday, my pcp is totally on board, and in the same network as my surgeon... Hopefully this will be a relatively quick process...

Yes congrats that is awesome!!! this gives me hope! my last month of PCP visits is this month I have everything else all done this totally make me feel like there is light at the end of this tunnel!!

If you followed criteria, Cigna seems to hold up their end of the insurance contract. Good luck to you all!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Tennessee Sleever Soon,

Paperwork sent to Cigna on 4/15/13, got approval number today. YEA YEA YEA! Due to Doctor schedule surgery will probably be sometime in June. I am super excited! Thanks Cigna

Congrats

My Cigna approval came 5 days after clinical notes were sent. Follow their rules. I start my preop diet Monday. Have my preop appointment tomorrow morning.

I went through True Results..yesterday was my last visit of the four weight loss consultations that was required and I have completed everything else that Cigna has required but the insurance coordinator said that because my PCPs letter did not say it was a medical necessity that I may not be approved. It did say he thought I was a good candidate and I have HBP with a BMI of 43. I am hoping that I get a quick approval like u.. But either way congrats and good luck...