Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feeling sorry 4 myself all of a sudden

Felt like I just had a nervous break down don't know if it because its bout 2 b that time of the month but it lasted 4 bout 2 hours feeling sorry 4 myself that this is the decision I had 2 make 2 loose weight just got sleeved April 3rd 2013 & MY 1ST TIME FEELING LIKE this @ 1st I was so excited & happy then all of a sudden miserable hope that don't happen again & I know my husband feels the same any1 feeling this way maybe we can help one another

Hang in there. It's not uncommon to have a little bout of depression around this stage from what I've seen. It can be in part because as the fat starts to drop, it releases the hormones that have been stored in it - think of PMS but with less control :). Also, you've had to deal with the stress of the surgery, changing your diet, lots of craziness going on... it's really no wonder if you find yourself in a mood swing or two!

Good luck, and do keep coming back if you need to vent or just want some support. I'm hoping that others will do the same for me when it's my turn!

Normal! I remember feeling the same way. We are grieving. The loss of food and a lifestyle it's enough to make anyone depressed. I can promise you that each day gets easier-it did for me. One caveat, of course, if the depression gets serious or if you feel suicidal get help immediately. Hang tough!!

Yes it is normal .It is all new to us and i believe we all go thru the WHAT THE ^&*(*&&^% DID I DO!!!!!!!!!! but it does get better.. All the rules have been difficult for me to follow ,,hard to get all in ,,in a day but I am trying my best. I am 4 weeks post op. Good luck to you and keep in touch.

Very normal and most of us went thru tis. I know I did! The good thing is it passes soon!!!!!

Been there too! I was still in the hospital when I broke down. The nurses told me they have never seen a patient NOT go through this feeling, very normal. It will pass! I promise!!!

Thanks every 1 for the help I thought u get the feeling right after surgery & if u didn't u was the lucky 1 so glad I have a great support team here I luv my sleeved friends

I went through it too but now I'm sooooo happy!!!!

Hope I don't go thro it again felt like I was crazy or something & didn't understand I thought long and hard about this b4 getting it done yeah I was only 215 pounds bout knew in due time without the surgery I was gonna gain it back

Hope I don't go thro it again felt like I was crazy or something & didn't understand I thought long and hard about this b4 getting it done yeah I was only 215 pounds bout knew in due time without the surgery I was gonna gain it back

Yup. Your story sounds same as mine!

Hang in there!! Its normal as others already posted. I am four months out and I am so happy. In the beginning I was sad because I was like, now what am I suppose to do for fun now. Going out to eat with friends and buffet with family, is no fun for me. However, I avoid buffet now its a waste of my hard earned money because I can only eat a little now. Once your pounds start or inches come off and you get near your goal you will cheer up. In the beginning I had problems with swallowing and keeping my food down. they did another ERD by inserting the light down my throat and stretching my sleeve a little. I weighted 226 now I am 169!!! Continue to follow your dr's advice and you will be fine. If you continue to feel down call your therapist that you saw before surgery. I have found this forum and talking to others that have went through this surgery a great help. Also the positive comments about my weight loss is encouraging too. :rolleyes: Life gets better, you just wait and see!!!

Hang in there!! Its normal as others already posted. I am four months out and I am so happy. In the beginning I was sad because I was like' date=' now what am I suppose to do for fun now. Going out to eat with friends and buffet with family, is no fun for me. However, I avoid buffet now its a waste of my hard earned money because I can only eat a little now. Once your pounds start or inches come off and you get near your goal you will cheer up. In the beginning I had problems with swallowing and keeping my food down. they did another ERD by inserting the light down my throat and stretching my sleeve a little. I weighted 226 now I am 169!!! Continue to follow your dr's advice and you will be fine. If you continue to feel down call your therapist that you saw before surgery. I have found this forum and talking to others that have went through this surgery a great help. Also the positive comments about my weight loss is encouraging too. :rolleyes: Life gets better, you just wait and see!!![/quote']

Thanks for sharing I really appreciate it my double chin is already gone thats all I can do is try 2 think positive & Yal kind words really help