Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

clothing exchange prices for clothes and shipping

To anyone who has bought or sold clothes on the clothing exchange forum.

What is a fair price for clothes? I have about 20 items that someone is interested in buying. How much is a fair price for the clothes? How much is shipping on the clothes.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

I sent a box of clothes to someone in Houston TX about 6 mths ago. I didn't charge for the actual clothes, just shipping. She gave me her UPS shipping acct number and I just took them to UPS. If you bring them to Fed Ex, the Post Office, or UPS, they should be able to tell you exactly what shipping will cost. Or you can get a rough estimate on the postal service website by weighing and measuring the box at home. Just plug in the numbers and it will give you a price.

I had a walk in closet FULL of 2x-3x clothing that I literally just gave away to different people. Had I know about the full figured consignment shop in town, I might have been able to make a buck. About 25 items still had tags on em. Oh well, live and learn.

marci

Just out of curiosity, how much was the average shipping costs? For how many items? Any info is appreciated

What I have been told in regard to pricing for garage sale is if the item is in good shape price it at a fourth of original price. So you paid $40 you would ask $10, I have some clothes I would like to sell also. It would be nice to get a little money to put toward the new clothes, right?

I would love it! Now I just need to know how much shipping is for a box of clothes. anybody know?

I sent a box through the normal postal service about a year ago. I believe it was about $15-20. Probably had about 20 items. There was no tracking and I didn't request any specific timeframe.

Just out of curiosity, how much was the average shipping costs? For how many items? Any info is appreciated

The last thing I shipped was mainly workout clothes and pj's (light stuff). There was probably about 30 items in the box. It costs about $15 to ship UPS from Southern Oregon to Houston, TX. A couple years ago, I sent a huge box (about 50 items) to Northern Oregon and it cost about $40 (USPS). It was much, much heavier clothing. Oh, and a couple years ago I also sent a box of clothing to Sacramento, Ca and that was about medium (maybe 25 regular clothes items) and it was like $25 (USPS). The only reason I used UPS for the last 1 was that the person I was shipping it to had a UPS frequent user number and gave it to me.

Marci

I shipped a few boxes of clothes last year and I want to say it was around $15-20, USPS. I did not charge for the clothes. I wouldn't pay $10 for something at a garage sale, most likely I wouldn't pay more than $5 for anything. I do a lot of thrift shopping and find most pieces at .49 cents. I have to really like or need a piece to pay $5, I can count on one hand how many items I have paid that much for. If you want money, your best bet is try a consignment shop. They will be very picky but you will get a higher price for what they keep. I took a large quantity yesterday, they kept like 3 pieces and I got $15.

I shipped a few boxes of clothes last year and I want to say it was around $15-20, USPS. I did not charge for the clothes. I wouldn't pay $10 for something at a garage sale, most likely I wouldn't pay more than $5 for anything. I do a lot of thrift shopping and find most pieces at .49 cents. I have to really like or need a piece to pay $5, I can count on one hand how many items I have paid that much for. If you want money, your best bet is try a consignment shop. They will be very picky but you will get a higher price for what they keep. I took a large quantity yesterday, they kept like 3 pieces and I got $15.

Amen to that! I hate going to garage sales (which I rarely do, except with a friend who luvs em) and seeing things like books for $3 (something from 1990 that they themselves probably paid $4 for), clothing for $5, and toys for $10. Why do people think their junk is worth so much? The Goodwill is way overpriced also. For someone who gets all of their donations for free, to charge $8 for a pair of jeans is ridiculous.

I agree on the consignment thing. Recently, I found a new store opening that offerred cash for "trendy" clothing. Most of my stuff is from J Jill, Eddie Bauer, JC Penney, and the like, so I think it's pretty trendy. Out of about 30 items, they kept 2. My husband and I watched them go thru the stuff, laughing to each other. I guess if you don't have rhinestones on the butt of your jeans, they're not trendy! I guess they're a "trendy for teens" type of store. Great...

Marci

I went to another consignment store today that I had never been to before. I went in and asked what their terms were - .30 cents on the dollar when your items sell. 90 day consignment. Yeah, didn't leave anythng. Will probably just let my support group ladies take what they want then give to Salvation Army.

Amen to that! I hate going to garage sales (which I rarely do, except with a friend who luvs em) and seeing things like books for $3 (something from 1990 that they themselves probably paid $4 for), clothing for $5, and toys for $10. Why do people think their junk is worth so much? The Goodwill is way overpriced also. For someone who gets all of their donations for free, to charge $8 for a pair of jeans is ridiculous.

I agree on the consignment thing. Recently, I found a new store opening that offerred cash for "trendy" clothing. Most of my stuff is from J Jill, Eddie Bauer, JC Penney, and the like, so I think it's pretty trendy. Out of about 30 items, they kept 2. My husband and I watched them go thru the stuff, laughing to each other. I guess if you don't have rhinestones on the butt of your jeans, they're not trendy! I guess they're a "trendy for teens" type of store. Great...

Marci

I agree on the giving away of stuff. Maybe you can participate in a clothing exchange, where you can pickup some items that will soon be fitting you. The only thing is they can be hard I find, you can try to ask a local surgeons office to coordinate one.

I sent my favorite things to mo. She offered to pay for shipping and I paid about 17. Worth it to have someone enjoy those clothes! I used a consignment shop a couple if years ago. Took 7 or 8 outfits and I only got 6.60 for them. Didn't like the feeling. Have donated to Good Will, st vincent DePaul and other thrift shops. Daughter and a friend have given me clothes - and I so appreciated that!