Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy Sleeve Day to all those getting sleeved tomorrow!

Thanks for the post! I'm laying here in a hospital bed with an IV waiting for them to come get me. My fight or flight instinct is in full gear and I am tempted to run out of this place with no regard to the fact that my ass is completely exposed in this gown. That, the white compression leggings, and the hairnet make me quite a site. Not my most macho day but your post made me smile.

Thanks for the post! I'm laying here in a hospital bed with an IV waiting for them to come get me. My fight or flight instinct is in full gear and I am tempted to run out of this place with no regard to the fact that my ass is completely exposed in this gown. That' date=' the white compression leggings, and the hairnet make me quite a site. Not my most macho day but your post made me smile.[/quote']

Good luck Bluto :)

My surgery date is July 25th...I'm nervous and excited. Good luck to everyone going in this week!!!

Thanks for the post! I'm laying here in a hospital bed with an IV waiting for them to come get me. My fight or flight instinct is in full gear and I am tempted to run out of this place with no regard to the fact that my ass is completely exposed in this gown. That' date=' the white compression leggings, and the hairnet make me quite a site. Not my most macho day but your post made me smile.[/quote']

Aww I'm glad you smiled. We are in the best fight of our lives. Hang in there, keep us posted.

Ok I am two days away!!!!! I am scared silly and have lost a little bravado that I had up until now. Is this normal?

Headed out tomorrow for our long trip... Surgery is Saturday the 13th!!!! I do believe I'm overly excited and more than ready to start this wonderful new journey in life! I get a little nervous when I have to much time to think but I know everything will be fine. My main concern is my kids, especially my 4 year old bc I have never left her anywhere, she wants to go with me :(

Another concern is my weight, I have been on a two week liquid diet and I haven't list weight, the first week I actually gained some but I did loose that back to original weight. I haven't cheated and I've only had what is on my list... Why would I not loose any, this worried me enough I had bloodwork done, everything came back fine. They checked for fatty liver, thyroid, cbc, all the basics.. I was glad to hear my liver came back good so maybe the non weigh loss wont be a major issue!?!?!

Thanks for taking time to read my blabber jabber :)

Headed out tomorrow for our long trip... Surgery is Saturday the 13th!!!! I do believe I'm overly excited and more than ready to start this wonderful new journey in life! I get a little nervous when I have to much time to think but I know everything will be fine. My main concern is my kids' date=' especially my 4 year old bc I have never left her anywhere, she wants to go with me :(

Another concern is my weight, I have been on a two week liquid diet and I haven't list weight, the first week I actually gained some but I did loose that back to original weight. I haven't cheated and I've only had what is on my list... Why would I not loose any, this worried me enough I had bloodwork done, everything came back fine. They checked for fatty liver, thyroid, cbc, all the basics.. I was glad to hear my liver came back good so maybe the non weigh loss wont be a major issue!?!?!

Thanks for taking time to read my blabber jabber :)[/quote']

U will do great. I will b praying for u :)

Ok I am two days away!!!!! I am scared silly and have lost a little bravado that I had up until now. Is this normal?

It's perfectly normal. You'll likely be nervous and excited at the same time, and honestly I'd be more worried if you weren't at least a little scared. This is major surgery, after all, and it's a huge step.

But hang in there. You can do this. Just remember why you made this decision in the first place and focus on what you're trying to accomplish, and you'll be fine!

Good luck!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using VST

Hi everyone....July 1st my surgery and I had my post op visit yesterday had my staples removed and barium swallow all went very well. The first 24-hours are the roughest... I am down 13 lbs since the surgery. My issue must be like everyone elses...I also have "hunger" pains as well. I can wake up in the middle of the night feeling like I am starving. I definitely know I am not drinking enough or eating enough. My physician Dr Kim has me now on full cloudy liquids for 2-weeks. Full cloudy liquids really does not consist of many offerings out there. I do the Protein Shakes or try at least to down 1/2 of a 26g Protein shot per day. I was told yesterday my protein was not near as important as the fluids but yet I have a fear of loosing my hair. I will confess I wanted a bowl of Cereal last night I had to walk out of the kitchen with a sugar free popsicle instead. Suggestions for full cloudy liquids? I have had the cream of mushroom and c of chicken Soup but feel I am missing something. I know just temporary that is what I keep telling myself along with singing the song in the my head "just a little sip...take another sip....just one more little sip"...... Have a great Wednesday everyone...I hope your feeling better to those who are struggling.

Hi everyone....July 1st my surgery and I had my post op visit yesterday had my staples removed and barium swallow all went very well. The first 24-hours are the roughest... I am down 13 lbs since the surgery. My issue must be like everyone elses...I also have "hunger" pains as well. I can wake up in the middle of the night feeling like I am starving. I definitely know I am not drinking enough or eating enough. My physician Dr Kim has me now on full cloudy liquids for 2-weeks. Full cloudy liquids really does not consist of many offerings out there. I do the Protein Shakes or try at least to down 1/2 of a 26g Protein shot per day. I was told yesterday my protein was not near as important as the fluids but yet I have a fear of loosing my hair. I will confess I wanted a bowl of cereal last night I had to walk out of the kitchen with a sugar free popsicle instead. Suggestions for full cloudy liquids? I have had the cream of mushroom and c of chicken Soup but feel I am missing something. I know just temporary that is what I keep telling myself along with singing the song in the my head "just a little sip...take another sip....just one more little sip"...... Have a great Wednesday everyone...I hope your feeling better to those who are struggling.

I also had Dr Kim & was on the 2nd. Yes! The first 24 hours were the worst, the rest has been a breeze for me thank goodness. I'm on the full liquids till the 22 & I'm going with the "if it goes through a strainer" I'm eating it. Do you add protein to your Soups? I just made cream of mushroom with roasted garlic & added a scoop of unflavored Unjury protein, helps bulk it up a little. I've been drinking tons of crystal light green tea & peach tea. I might be starting to slosh when I walk :/

On another note...we have to do another swallow test?? Ugh!

I met with Dr. Carroll today for my final consultation prior to surgery. Had a good visit and I'm beginning to feel better about my decision. Start the liquid diet Sunday for two weeks prior to surgery date. This is going to be a great challenge for me. I can manage during the day while at work, but after work is most difficult part. I normally cook dinner every other day for family. Guess, I have to cook stuff ahead of time for them.