Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Caffeine is a diuretic, meaning it will dehydrate you. A dehydrated body will not handle surgery as well.

Hi all. New to all of this. My surgery is July 8. My husband had his surgery May 8. I am anxious but excited. Watching my hubby's success has been inspirational. Thanks to each of you for sharing your experiences.

Oh, I see. Even if I'm guzzling the Water all day and peeing like crazy? Well I guess it's bye bye coffee.< /p>

Hi all. New to all of this. My surgery is July 8. My husband had his surgery May 8. I am anxious but excited. Watching my hubby's success has been inspirational. Thanks to each of you for sharing your experiences.

Mine too! Good luck to you! My husband had his surgery in April, 2012 and has lost 120 lbs. Now it's my turn!!!

Caffeine is a diuretic' date=' meaning it will dehydrate you. A dehydrated body will not handle surgery as well.[/quote']

I talked to my surgical nurse about it a few days ago. She told me that while ideally it would be recommended to switch to Decaf, a cup or two of caffeinated coffee or a glass of iced tea is fine as long as you also drink plenty of Water as well. Your bariatric team may feel differently.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using VST

Oh' date=' I see. Even if I'm guzzling the Water all day and peeing like crazy? Well I guess it's bye bye coffee.[/quote']

I asked this question yesterday in my pre-op class. They told me that besides being a diuretic, caffeine could also cause ulcers on our new, smaller stomachs. My doc does allow Decaf (even though decaf still has a little caffeine).

Help... Sorry y'all but I'm panicked a little.. I started my 2 week liquid diet I was 340 when I started and I've been eating "drinking" only what is on my list and I did start exercising, well I decided to weigh today and I've gained weight?!?! I'm at 352.. That's 12 lbs!! How could this have happened? I'm keeping my calories 1000 or less.. Please let me know if this has happened to anyone and how did you take care of it.. My sleeve date is July 13. I did start my liquid diet early.

My tentative date is July 29th!!

Help... Sorry y'all but I'm panicked a little.. I started my 2 week liquid diet I was 340 when I started and I've been eating "drinking" only what is on my list and I did start exercising' date=' well I decided to weigh today and I've gained weight?!?! I'm at 352.. That's 12 lbs!! How could this have happened? I'm keeping my calories 1000 or less.. Please let me know if this has happened to anyone and how did you take care of it..

My sleeve date is July 13. I did start my liquid diet early.[/quote']

I don't have a reason why you gained but try to restrict yourself to two Protein Shakes a say one for Breakfast one for lunch and a low carb dinner of veggies and Protein only you still have time before your surgery date to lose the 12lbs. And If you have to snack, snack on low carb Snacks like hummus and cucumbers or beef Jerky. Hope this helps

Help... Sorry y'all but I'm panicked a little.. I started my 2 week liquid diet I was 340 when I started and I've been eating "drinking" only what is on my list and I did start exercising' date=' well I decided to weigh today and I've gained weight?!?! I'm at 352.. That's 12 lbs!! How could this have happened? I'm keeping my calories 1000 or less.. Please let me know if this has happened to anyone and how did you take care of it..

My sleeve date is July 13. I did start my liquid diet early.[/quote']

Call your dietician or if you don't have a regular dietician or nutritionist you could try your surgeon's office. I'm betting they can give you an idea of what's going on and what to try.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using VST