Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recipe ideas for the puree stage...

I finally got my surgery date (May 28th). I know what I can and cannot have during the liquid stage, however I was wondering if anyone had ideas for the purée stage? I have a few things in mind, but am looking for different ideas so I won't get bored. Thoughts? :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I have a yummy chili recipe that went into my Magic Bullet well and tasted great.

Woooohooooo I start purees tomorrow

It makes me feel "normal". How're you doing postop?

I can't WAIT to start purées on Tuesday!!! My dietician said meats with broth or some kind of sauce, tuna or chicken salad, fish with sauce, fruit (all blended to applesauce consistency), cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, etc. I'm so excited! Silly, huh??

1st mix into chili pot, cook and stir:

4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch chunks

2 tbls olive oil

1 tbls of Hot Mexican Chili powder - McCormick 1 tbls of Chipoltle chili pepper, crushed - McCormick

1 tsp crushed red pepper

Salt and pepper to taste

1/2 tbls cumin

1 chopped yellow onion

1 chopped green bell pepper

1 chopped yellow bell pepper

1-2 tbls chopped garlic

1 can Pace's diced tomatoes and green chiles Add 3 cups of Water, stir and simmer for approx 10 minutes.

Then add 15.5 oz can of Bush's reduced sodium black Beans and 15.5 oz can of Bush's pinto Beans reduced sodium, drained and rinsed.

Add 1 tbls green taco sauce

1 6oz can garlic and oregano Tomato paste

1/2 cup to 1cup chopped fresh cilantro

Add 1 additional cup of Water, if needed.

Simmer until peppers are tender and liquid reduces.

Serves 6

We opted to add a little Kraft Reduced Fat Colby Jack cheese crumbles. I had less than half a serving.

I put about 1/2 cup in my Magic Bullet. It was tasty.

post-39617-13813664761898_thumb.jpg

A recipe that I saw on here that helped me:

Canned chicken in Water (2 tablespoons fill me up)

2 tbsp fat free ranch dressing

1tsp of buffalo sauce (I use Moore's)

Salt & pepper to taste

Bleu cheese crumbles (I didn't use the bleu cheese crumbles - I'm on soft foods & I still don't was really high in fat)

( I find if you use the spray butter - it milds out the spice too but still gives it flavor)

Something I threw together -

Canned chicken in Water (2 tablespoons fill me up)

1-2 tbsp of Fage Plain Greek Yogurt

1 tsp of Salsa

Top with shredded cheese & salt & pepper to taste.

- I threw this together & love it tastes like Mexican chicken pretty yummy & high in Protein.

Something else I threw together -

Canned chicken (2 tbsp)

2-3 tbsp of whatever kind of spaghetti sauce of your choice I used Ragu mushroom & garlic

Salt & pepper

Blend until smooth

Some melted shredded mozzarella cheese

This tastes like Parmesan chicken so yummy.

Another quick thing I threw together -

Canned chicken (2tbsp)

I buy the chicken gravy in the packs from Great Value or McCormick & put 1-2 tbsp on the chicken - heat it in microwave

& blend until smooth

3 sprays of spray butter

Salt & pepper

Another favorite of mine -

This is yummy straight from the can

Great Value at Walmart has Lemon Pepper chicken in the can right next to the canned chicken in water same amount of calories and carbs & it's delicious.

I add a little spray butter & heat it

Blend until smooth.

You can also do a tuna salad, egg salad, all yummy, nutritious, and high in Protein. :)

I am on a soft diet now & still eat these daily. It's also convenient for work too. Each recipe on takes about 5-10 minutes to make.

Hope this helps!

Sounds tasty, Amanda Rae! I do something similar for chili (but we do Beans separately, as we also save some of it for chili sauce for other uses).

I use ground turkey breast - usually about 2 lbs, and sometimes throw in a half lb. of Mexican chorizo and some diced jalepenos. Otherwise, very similar.

Sounds tasty' date=' Amanda Rae! I do something similar for chili (but we do Beans separately, as we also save some of it for chili sauce for other uses).

I use ground turkey breast - usually about 2 lbs, and sometimes throw in a half lb. of Mexican chorizo and some diced jalepenos. Otherwise, very similar.[/quote']

Next time I will add a poblano pepper. The hot Mexican chili powder gave it a nice kick. The jalapeño may be too much for my daughter.

How does purée chicken taste? I'm a texture freak and keep thinking of my son's baby food and how gross it smelled/looked

So glad I found this thread!!! I start pureed food Thursday. Does anybody have a good Protein Powder that's unflavored that can be added to stuff like mashed potatoes?

I don't use unflavored Protein powder, but I do know Unjury has one on their website. They also have a cheesy protein powder too that turns into a cheese sauce to put over things like veggies, meat etc. might want to check out their website, they should have samples for you to try :)

So glad I found this thread!!! I start pureed food Thursday. Does anybody have a good Protein powder that's unflavored that can be added to stuff like mashed potatoes?

I tried unjury and did not like it. I could taste it. I think I will try Isopure to see how that tastes.