Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has the sleeve not worked for you?

I have read so many wonderful success stories on this and other web sights and I definitely hope I will be successful myself! But I was wondering if there are people out there who have been sleeved longer than six months that are disappointed with their outcomes so far? Are there people out there that feel as if the sleeve has not helped them in the way they thought it should?

It would probably also be helpful if you say whether you think your expectations were incorrectly set by your bariatric team or if you just had higher hopes or more complications than you expected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using VST

If the sleeve doesn't help you lose wieght then I don't know what would.... You have to follow the sleeve life style though and eat protien first, then veggies. You won't have room for anything else after that and lose!

I know sometimes people feel no more hunger. I was not one of those lucky ones. I still have hunger, so i feel a bit let down about that.

However i have lost 44 lbs so far and i am feeling so much better. i would still do it knowing i would have actual hunger

sleeved longer than six months disappointed with their outcomes

tannak

can't improve on what wcn1970 said :)

i'm ecstatic with my weight loss success!!!!

diabetes/insulin - high blood pressure, cpap alllll gone

thanx to the help of the sleeve

follow all the rules

especially Water et al

you will find that the sleeve is your new life time best friend!! :)

i am now living life to its fullest :)

DOS

12/15/11

235 lbs

5'3

today

130 lbs

59 years young

still 5'3 :lol:

GOAL

I'm sorry to admit that this operation was indeed a big mistake for me. I don't wish to expand on it for fear of daunting others hopes.

I'm sorry to admit that this operation was indeed a big mistake for me. I don't wish to expand on it for fear of daunting others hopes.

Please do expand upon it, I can appreciate not wanting to kick other people's sand castles, but the thread was started to get responses from people that are unsatisfied after 6 months or more. Besides, when you do not tell your story, nobody wins, people who read your post are left to assume what they will, and you don't get a real opportunity to express yourself.

I agree with OTR. Please tell us the reasons for your regrets. It will be helpful to those considering surgery and give the rest of us a complete picture of the possible problems.

If anyone is rude about your journey, we'll slam them!!! Haha. I'm curious too.

I tried doing research on failed sleeves but couldn't find anything. Luckily it is working for me (down 70 lbs in 5 months). But if it didn't, I would like to know I'm not alone. Or maybe come to a conclusion as to why it wasn't working. We are all so different and have different struggles. I can't imagine it working for every single person.

If it isn't working, then you aren't even trying.

It probably depends on someone's definition of "working."

I'm 5 weeks out and so far so good. My recovery was exceptional even by my Dr's standards. Went back to my full time job after two weeks and my part time job after 4 days (i got scolded for that).

The only time I get bummed out is in social eating situations. I'm never really hungry and food isn't "fun" anymore when you have 2-4 bites and your pretty much done. No trying out everyone's plate. No craft beers...

But all in all, I don't regret it at this point.

I wouldn't say I regret it but I haven't lost as much as I would like to have lost. I was a low BMI anyway and I have to say I have never dieted with it. So probably more my fault then the sleeve.

I agree with most of the others who say it depends on if the person has realistic expectations. Although it comes easily for some, most vets will tell you it is the very hard to maintain, because lifetime maintenance is based more on the behavioral changes that occurred during the losing phase. Even though the sleeve is a TOOL, there is a chance that it will not actually work FOR you. It will work WITH you. After a few weeks out, we could all eat around the sleeve by consuming nothing but candy and milkshakes. It's all about compliance and how your body handles the changes- mental and physical. :-) But there are always exceptions to both sides of the story!

I know sometimes people feel no more hunger. I was not one of those lucky ones. I still have hunger, so i feel a bit let down about that.

However i have lost 44 lbs so far and i am feeling so much better. i would still do it knowing i would have actual hunger

I still get hungry too ! I don't regret the surgery because I can only eat a few ounces at a time and I have lost a lot of weight and I don't obsess about food the way I did all my life. However, I can sympathize with you. I still feel hungry sometimes, and I have to eat some form of Protein.