Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just got back from a couple of weeks of beach camping. I had a cool NSV that I wanted to share.

The beach we were on was 3k long. So perfect for a 6km jog in the mornings. I find it easier to run on soft sand in my trainers, rather than bare feet. One morning I got caught by a wave coming in, I tried to dodge it, but got some Water in my shoe. This caused some wet sand to gather up in my sock. I could feel it rubbing against my foot, but I didn't think it was a big deal so kept running.

I took my shoe off back at camp and I had a massive blister, under the arch of my foot. It got a little infected so I went to the local Dr to get some antibiotics.

Pre surgery I had no co morbidities, but my blood pressure had started to creep up. It wasn't at a level that I needed medication, but that was only around the corner.

The doctor, who I'd never met before took my blood pressure, while I told him about my blister.

My blood pressure was 105/60. The Dr said "Your blood pressure is nice and low, but I'd expect that from someone fit and who exercises regularly".

I sat there while the nurse bandaged my foot feeling like I was going to explode with pride. I've had heaps of compliments from people that I know, including staff at my Dr's and my surgeon's office. This was different though. I didn't tell the Dr about my weight loss or surgery. It wasn't even a compliment really. It was just a comment from a Dr I didn't know.

It made my day, so I thought I'd share.

I hope you're all well,

Deano

Nice NSV! You rock!

That's Awesome! Congratulations!!

Thanks friends!!

Thank you for sharing you good news. I was just an off the cuff comment to this Doctor and see what a difference it has made to you. I'm sure that will be one of those moments you will remember forever. I hope I make people feel that wasy sometimes. A lesson to be learned by all about the comments we make to others. Congratulations on your new identity! It's kind of like when you move away, and no one knows you,so you can be who you want to be and no one knows your past.

Thank you for sharing you good news. I was just an off the cuff comment to this Doctor and see what a difference it has made to you. I'm sure that will be one of those moments you will remember forever. I hope I make people feel that wasy sometimes. A lesson to be learned by all about the comments we make to others. Congratulations on your new identity! It's kind of like when you move away' date=' and no one knows you,so you can be who you want to be and no one knows your past.[/quote']

That's it! Made me feel like this is my new 'normal' / identity. Thanks :)

Reading your NSV has left a huge grin in my face! Thanks for sharing!

beach camping - massive blister-blood pressure nice and low, expect that from someone fit and who exercises regularly".

Deano

I "thought" we were friends???? :(

running along the beautiful beach - wind blowing threw your hair :)

ahhhhh, i can see you now B)

why didn't you put me in one of your extra suitcases??? :angry:

regular carry on would be fine

I would fit !!!!!

i'm small enough!!!!! :lol:

sorry about the blister - bummer

(payback is a b itch) :lol:

dr didn't know your situation - commenting on how fit you look - exercising!!!!

you must have been grinning ear to ear, almost busting out with pride :)

personally, seriously, i "brag" tell anyone/everyone that will listen, about my WLS story!!!!! :)

keep on running - you don't have that far to go though :)

you've done great with your weight loss!!!!

keep it up (or should i say down??? ;) )

congrats guy