Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My wagon got a flat tire..

I'm standing by to get flamed by some low BMI kiwi B as we speak. And if that doesn't happen, I know all I have to do is post in one of NGM's threads and I'll get flamed for sure. Every time I start feeling really good about life, I just post in her thread and she knocks me back down a couple of pegs.

How old are your tires? If over 5 years, or if they are showing signs of dry rot, then yes you need to replace all of them. Don't forget, that donut your riding on is only to get you to a safe place.

I'm standing by to get flamed by some low BMI kiwi B as we speak. And if that doesn't happen' date=' I know all I have to do is post in one of NGM's threads and I'll get flamed for sure. Every time I start feeling really good about life, I just post in her thread and she knocks me back down a couple of pegs.[/quote']

Haha!

I can't believe you read that mess! (Kiwi thread)

Haha!

I can't believe you read that mess! (Kiwi thread)

Yes I knew I shouldn't have but I was well stocked on anti depressants so I thought I'd give it a go. Now I'm wondering if eating a bullet will help me bust this stall.

Yes I knew I shouldn't have but I was well stocked on anti depressants so I thought I'd give it a go. Now I'm wondering if eating a bullet will help me bust this stall.

Save that bullet we might need it later!

Besides I heard if you eat ice cream you can bust that stall wide open! :P

Save that bullet we might need it later!

Besides I heard if you eat ice cream you can bust that stall wide open! :P

Cold stone anyone?

My approach is moderation and substitution... with the occasional delay of gratification thrown in for good measure, wrapped up in accountability and consciousness. Its very much like meditation at its best. If I deny too much, or go with all the impulses without any consciousness... I head back up the trail to where I came from. FAT. I am trying to build competing impulses, like communing with nature, getting to know my body better, growing more of my own food and learning new enjoyable skills. I don't want my attention to feeding details to become obsessive, but honed and studded with healthy pleasure. I eat whatever I want... but not all the time or in unlimited amounts. That seems to be working to maintain and even lose a tiny bit over a long time. So Far. Things can change. Thats natural.

Man you need to throw out those bars. I too get cravings for stuff....for me it's sweets (Reece's and kit kats). That might be what you're having' date=' cause in the absence of any real candy bars the Protein bars may be your substitute. Anyway, when I get the craving I throw a heaping handful of kale, 1.5 cups of Water and 2 scoops of chocolate Protein powder in the vitamix. 10 seconds later I have a Protein shake that is way more filling because of the kale, but I barely taste it.[/quote']

I did not think Protein Bars would be an issue be cause low carb and high Protein (180 calories), but they are still not very filling and also cause a desire for more. Dangerous little suckers...

My wife has graciously agreed to stash my Protein Bars in a "hidden" location. I will not be eating the 2g low sugar (table sugar) protein bars any longer and only eat paleo bar that has raw honey.

My snack eating strategy starting today:

On cross fit days, I will be to eating dense protein for morning snack like 3 oz chicken and paleo Protein Bar in afternoon after cross fit.

On running days, I will eat energy square before running an hour or HIIT and use Protein Shake always after run. In afternoon, I will eat 3 oz dense protein.

If still hungry on either type of day, I will eat dense protein. Otherwise, no protein bars for me. They are just too yummy for me to say no to even though healthy in their nutritional stats.

Additionally, I might remove the 6th meal ( around bedtime) or always drink extended release protein shake. I lost a lot of weight when drinking protein shake before bed, but stopped losing when I began munching on my low carb / high Protein Bar before bed.

All in all, still learning how to eat at month 9...

My approach is moderation and substitution... with the occasional delay of gratification thrown in for good measure' date=' wrapped up in accountability and consciousness. Its very much like meditation at its best. If I deny too much, or go with all the impulses without any consciousness... I head back up the trail to where I came from. FAT. I am trying to build competing impulses, like communing with nature, getting to know my body better, growing more of my own food and learning new enjoyable skills. I don't want my attention to feeding details to become obsessive, but honed and studded with healthy pleasure. I eat whatever I want... but not all the time or in unlimited amounts. That seems to be working to maintain and even lose a tiny bit over a long time. So Far. Things can change. Thats natural.[/quote']

Yes I think I need to get into a more mindful approach this week..

It's times like these that I notice if I just slow down and breathe, I mean really breathe deep slow breath in... Then exhale, repeat.

I can get my head around why I put up personal road blocks and more effectively and rationally deal with them.

And Fiddleman,

Yes every day still learning!

Today will be full of lessons and self-revelations I think :)

The day you know it all....is the day you start regaining all the weight you've lost.

I read these posts by these vets that are 2 or 3 years out, they are still learning things all the time. Seems perfectly normal to still be a work in progress at the point you're at.

We all have triggers, and there's no telling what it's going to be for each of us.

Laura...Sorry I wasn't here to support you yesterday when you posted this, but I was busy dealing with my own wagon issue!!! I actually rammed into a support column and did several thousands in damage to my wagon!! Well, the adjuster has provided the estimate and the repairs to the wagon are in process. I'll be back on my wagon in no time and it'll be good as new!!!! Traveling in a damaged wagon has been proven dangerous and you put your health and safety at risk!! Make the repairs ASAP!!

Safe Travels..... :P

[quote name="Lisa :)]Laura...Sorry I wasn't here to support you yesterday when you posted this' date=' but I was busy dealing with my own wagon issue!!! I actually rammed into a support column and did several thousands in damage to my wagon!! Well, the adjuster has provided the estimate and the repairs to the wagon are in process. I'll be back on my wagon in no time and it'll be good as new!!!! Traveling in a damaged wagon has been proven dangerous and you put your health and safety at risk!! Make the repairs ASAP!!

Safe Travels..... :P[/quote']

Ha! Must be something in the air this week!

I'm making repairs as "we speak" :)

I read a post this morning by "vsgKirk"

Talking about "mental stalls"

I think that's what happened. My wagons engine had a little stall and threw everything out of whack.

It helps so much to know I've got all these great people here, listening, helping, caring.

Thank you.

Hey Boo,

I missed this a well, I was out with the kids a lot yesterday. Really sorry that your wheels are wobbly right now, but you know what? You have a ton of strength and I don't doubt there is nothing you can't over come. Stumbling is all part of what makes us human. You can take on a lot of butthurt over it or you can cut yourself a break and use it as a way to get stronger. Remember we had our stomachs cut out, not our brains, and a lot of what goes on with any type of weight loss is between the ears. You got this, and you know you do, you just need to get re-centered and press on. I hate the cliche that is it a "journey, not a sprint" but that's what it really is. Sometimes the wagon has to get a flat every once in a while for us to really learn where we are headed on how best to get there. Just hang tough and don't sweat the stumbles! :)

Thank you John! Just reading your reply (along with the others) helps so much. Thank you for your strength and support.

Man you need to throw out those bars. I too get cravings for stuff....for me it's sweets (Reece's and kit kats). That might be what you're having' date=' cause in the absence of any real candy bars the Protein bars may be your substitute. Anyway, when I get the craving I throw a heaping handful of kale, 1.5 cups of Water and 2 scoops of chocolate Protein Powder in the vitamix. 10 seconds later I have a Protein shake that is way more filling because of the kale, but I barely taste it.[/quote']

I do not known if it is cutting out the protein bars (2g sugar ones) or a killer cross fit session from this Tuesday, but I have dropped 6 lb since the post above. Woo hoo! It has been 3 months since the scale has dropped into new territory. My wife keeps admiring the upper body muscle being added by consistent cross fit sessions.