Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 years out and six months preggo

I was at 257 before vsg surgery then went down to 150. I am six months pregnant and I was super shocked!!! I was about to have my Tummy Tuck the day before I found out! I don't even look pregnant just fat from my.loose stomach skin. :( I'm back to 180-184 and really nervous I won't be able to loose after! I'm trying my best to eat low carb with lots of veggies and fruits which was ok'd by my obgyn. Did anyone else not look preggo and has gained about 20-25 lbs??? None of my clothes fit. I totally blame a lot on my loose skin as well.

I was at 257 before vsg surgery then went down to 150. I am six months pregnant and I was super shocked!!! I was about to have my Tummy Tuck the day before I found out! I don't even look pregnant just fat from my.loose stomach skin. :( I'm back to 180-184 and really nervous I won't be able to loose after! I'm trying my best to eat low carb with lots of veggies and fruits which was ok'd by my obgyn. Did anyone else not look preggo and has gained about 20-25 lbs??? None of my clothes fit. I totally blame a lot on my loose skin as well.

Breast feeding really helps take off post-pregnancy weight - not to mention the excellent benefits for the baby! Congratulations!

I gained 32 pounds while pregnant with my daughter. Within a week of her birth I was already down 18 of those pounds. And while the rest is coming of more slowly than I'd like (I want my body back now, thank you!) I'm losing every day on the scale, even if it's only a fraction of a pound some days.

I'm now 25 days out from delivery and while they don't fit as loosely as before, I'm already in my pre-pregnancy 5/6 jeans (okay...they're my "fat" jeans for my TOM but whatever, they fit!) and there is no way on earth I look remotely like I gave birth a few weeks ago.

I credit both being healthier overall and having long established good habits (I'm also more than two years post op) and breastfeeding with the super quick recovery and weight loss. I drink Water all day long for my milk supply and of course that helps, and being careful about my diet and focusing on Protein first (and drinking a Protein shake every morning again) is definitely helping, too.

I can't wait to hit the gym, honestly. And I'm not a workout type of girl! Most of the excess weight is CLEARLY loose skin in my case. My entire middle is very loose right now and honestly, if plastic surgery were an option tomorrow I think I'd be under goal weight as soon as I recovered.

So I wouldn't stress or fret too much. Keep an eye on your weight now but know that gaining anywhere from 20-40 pounds is totally normal and some women gain even more than that. Don't get sloppy with your eating habits because you will be able to eat more postpartum for a while. My restriction is more than while pregnant but still less than prior to pregnancy, so I could easily eat too many calories or indulge in slider foods and stop losing. Before in maintenance I aimed for an average of about 1,100-1,300 calories a day and I'm currently consuming about 1,500 depending on my choices that day and my restriction. The lactation consultant I spoke with was worried I would have supply issues with my milk due to a lower caloric intake but I'm experiencing oversupply so that's not an issue. And I'm losing weight at that number, between the calories burned by breastfeeding and my busy daily life.

Don't let things slide and immediately postpartum pick up those good habits that helped you lose before and you shouldn't have any issues. It will take time to shed the final pounds the same way it takes time to lose the final pounds on the way to goal, but in my experience, it seems like it's completely do-able.

As for clothes, I outgrew most of my tops pretty quickly though I was able to wear my pants longer with a Blanqi top or belly band. I felt like I looked preggo at the time, but looking back at pictures, I didn't really start to look like I was anything but chunky in the middle until close to five months pregnant, and even then people were very careful about asking if I was pregnant because you couldn't really be sure if I was or not. That all changed and by seven or eight months out when I looked pregnant for sure but people were telling me I was too tiny to be due in a few months.

Good luck, and congrats!

~Cheri

Thanks all that info helps so much!!! I appreciate that. Thank you!!! It also makes me feel better because I'm obsessing!!! :) -Thank you!

Congrats on your pregnancy! Just sending well wishes. I'm glad I saw your post. I'm considering trying for one more baby.

I have considering having a child , But I am terrified of gaining my weight back and not being able to lose it!!!!

Congrats!

Its SO SCARY gaining the weight back!!! Even a little depressing I must admit! :/ I just hate being fat plus I'm 4'11. Main priority, healthy baby but it was very much a surprise. Plus ill be a single mother.

At 7 months pregnant I have gained 35 pounds so far...and I am hardly showing. Getting another sonogram to see if she is growing ok. My Iron is low. Heartbeat is ok. The weight is all over that is for sure. I can't do much of anything but hope that I lose it after the baby.

You def can't tell I'm preg I.just look chubby!! I'm gaining all over too. I've gained about thirty and I'm 7 months too! I have to get ultra sounds regularly too to see if he's growing because umbilical cord is attached to the side of the placenta. Ill be 8 months next week. I hope to his I loose the weight after I'm after I'm sched for a Tummy Tuck after.

You def can't tell I'm preg I.just look chubby!! I'm gaining all over too. I've gained about thirty and I'm 7 months too! I have to get ultra sounds regularly too to see if he's growing because umbilical cord is attached to the side of the placenta. Ill be 8 months next week. I hope to his I loose the weight after I'm after I'm sched for a Tummy Tuck after.

Are u able to eat more?

I'm able to eat way more. Not quite as much as before the surgery but def more than after the surgery. I snack s lot too!

Great good luck mama!!