Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so overwhelmed right now. I had my 1st week postoperative visit and I ended up in the ER for dehydration/ exhaustion. So folks this is serious. Please whatever you do drink your required fluids. I had been having issues with discomfort and also fear of drinking too much at once. Which is what eventually led to my dehydration. So please take care of yourself. Also because of this my surgeon has me on Clear Liquids too. I cannot advance to the next phase. :-(

I am so sorry and wishing you a quick recovery... I have this issue with drinking to but have been tryin really hard to get it in.. thanx for your advice and much luck to you !!!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Oh no honey....I'm so sorry to hear you're not doing too well, but wishing you a quick recovery! I will have to keep all the info I'm reading in the back of my mind for when I have my surgery. Good luck to you & let us know how you're doing.

I'm so overwhelmed right now. I had my 1st week postoperative visit and I ended up in the ER for dehydration/ exhaustion. So folks this is serious. Please whatever you do drink your required fluids. I had been having issues with discomfort and also fear of drinking too much at once. Which is what eventually led to my dehydration. So please take care of yourself. Also because of this my surgeon has me on Clear Liquids too. I cannot advance to the next phase. :-(

Oh Bertie so sorry to hear this. Was wondering where you were, Ask dr if you can have G2 (Gatorade low calorie). Plus your Water and Protein shakes. Sweetie work real hard to get it down, do the 1oz-2oz medicine cups like every 10 min. That's what my booklet says. This too shall pass and on your way to a new life!!

I'm scared of the same thing :( I had to get a muscle relaxer in order to comfortably swallow my fluids.

Hope you feel better soon!

dealt with severe dehydration also ended up in the er all i can say is at first its really hard to get ur fluods but u must! it will get better promise u will be able to drink more easily as time passes but so important so keep trying baby steps good luck

Getting everything in at first is definitely a full time job! I was constantly putting something in my mouth. I still take a bottle of Water to bed with me a drink every time I wake up enough to think about it! Take care! It does get easier!!

Try sugar free popsicles. That is what helped me the most in the begining. I also sipped propel Water. To me it was not as hard like plain water. I wish you a speedy recovery. Get well soon.

Thank you thank you thank you. I was able to finish 2 Protein Shakes yesterday a 16 oz bottled Water, 12 oz of tea and 8 oz of grape juice. Plus I had some broth and Jello. This is a huge first for me! I think the dehydration had me so weak I could barely do much more. I feel so much better this morning.

I'm 11 days out, I feel very weak and light headed, I have been sip sip sipping but not sure if I'm having enough.. I feel so thirsty and my mouth is so dry. I have been sucking on hydralite ice blocks, and ice it seem to be helping. How do I know if I need to go back on Iv drip to re hydrate me ?

Sess - just keep drinking!! I had issues the first few days and had to stay extra time in the hospital partly because The nausea was so strong I could barely do an ounce every 15 minutes. Each day it got better and now I am 12 days post op and can drink very well and get in all my Protein and beverages. If you are not feeling well and and are not sure you are getting enough fluids in - assume you are not and make your focus drinking. If you are drinking as much as your body needs you should be getting up to pee every few hours so you should be getting some movement when you pee. As you can, walk a little further each time you have to pee.

Sess if u feel weak and unable to drink call your doctor. Also one thing my doc told me was check your tongue. If it looks white or pale you are most likely dehydrated. Your tongue should be pink. If so, go to the doc immediately and get IV fluids. Additionally DON'T drive yourself because its too dangerous. Have someone drive you.

Thanks guys, I'm feeling better today I have managed to drink a lot more but about an hour ago I vomited up all my Water for the day is that because I took too big of a gulp? I regret this surgery ATM but I know it's for the best down the track! It's stresses me out I just want to be normal again!

Thanks guys' date=' I'm feeling better today I have managed to drink a lot more but about an hour ago I vomited up all my Water for the day is that because I took too big of a gulp? I regret this surgery ATM but I know it's for the best down the track! It's stresses me out I just want to be normal again![/quote']

Hang in there we all have the same feeling. Too bad they didn't tell us all of this before