Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

this.is.a.b*tch.!:(

So I decided that I would vent right now. Since I'll get the support of those who actually know how it is to be doing all of this!

My orignal surgery was supposed to be March 26th. My surgeons office calls me the DAY before my surgery saying,"We don't have good news. Um. You never got a stress test!" WHAT?! NO ONE told me that I needed one even my orginal cardiologist! He never cleared me! So I ask my coordinator if I can find a new cardiologist (my cardiologist was out of office until April 3rd) to perform a stress test if can go through with it. She said yes. So here I am stressing out, getting so upset, crying, you name it and I only found 1 doctor who was willing to do it, the NEXT day. So my surgeon pushed my surgery to March 27th. Okay, cool, whatever I'm still getting it...

NOT. I walk in and I have to office manager telling me my insur. company didn't approve a consult AND the stress test in one visit, they needed to be seperate. Why? I don't know. She said if the DR clears you without it, you can walk out of here with your clearance and get your surgery. So I was praying to God this man would clear me. He didn't. And when he explained why he wouldn't I understood. He was so sweet and understanding... I couldn't get mad or upset at him. (Btw, LOVE my new cardiologist!)

(So a little backstory: my surgeon had to push my surgery to fast because my insurance company was going into litigation with the hospital shes associated with. Bummer! )

I call my coordinator and tell her I didn't get cleared but made appointments for a stress test, echocardiogram and a follow-up visit (I'm perfectly heathly, as I suspected!). Now it was to sit and wait for this litigation to be over. I was so upset. I was on the phone with new surgeons telling them my story to try to get this surgery, I was exhausted, confused and angry at this. I couldn't believe what I was being put through!

The next day, I get a call from my actual surgeon telling me,"If I can get your insurance company to approve your stay at the hospital considering its so close to the date, I will get you in 1st thing. If not, I'm going to another hospital to finish my certification and I'll do it there in May."

My insurance approved it! But after that, I went back and forth with the surgery, if I can do it myself or not... But I decided I need to do this for myself!

And not to mention thank GOD I didn't have my surgery because that saturday, I ended up having the WORST stomach virus ever! That, was an act of God!

All I'm saying is the pre-op diet is a B*TCH and I can't wait to be done with it :(

But thank you for listening to me! I know, I have to gift of gab ;)

Hang in there. You've waited this long. The insurance hoops we all have to jump through are ridiculous, but the surgery will be so worth it. Good luck.

04/11/2013 INSURANCE COMPANIES SHOULD BE TO BE AGAINST THE LAW! SEARCHING

Lee, your story just confirms my total belief in that everything happens for a reason. Devine intervention in your case took over! It will happen when it's supposed to happen!

Good luck to you! I don't have a date yet either but I'm supposed to meet with my surgeon on April 26th. **Biting finger nails**

I despise insurance companies and they are nothing but money hungry pit bulls (my apologies to pit bulls)

Anyway,I'm so sorry you have had so much trouble with your journey and I commend you on your perseverance .. Good for you!

I don't think I could have continued to fight the insurance and all the hoops, loops and Dupes they present

Did I mention I hate insurance companies? Argghh..

Glad you are going through with the surgery and love your new cardiologist.Your journey just hit a bump in the road and hope everything is smooth from now on.

Everything happens for a reason. Sorry you have had such a hard time with the insurance company :(

Keep positive and time will pass quickly