Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I'm three days out from surgery and doing well. I won't lie the gas pains hurt. As does the liquid diet lol. The smell of chicken broth makes me sick. The day of surgery is a blur to me. I'm still trying to figure out what really happened and what didn't and was just a dream. Day two was rough. A lot of gas pain. I slept most of the day. Today is much better. Had some gas issues but walking and gas x gel helps. Trying to get liquids in without getting too much gas. Not use to sipping.

Hope my other April 8 th sleevers are doing well

Sent from my KFOT using VST

I'm so excited for you that the surgery is behind you. My "birth day" is 05.01.13. I call it my "birth date" because I feel like I'm preparing for the birth of a baby. I'm actually preparing for the birth of my new life. I hope your doing well.

On day 2 of preop diet. Not too pretty.

Please let me know how you are.

Praying for you,

Cindy :)

Are you taking any pain medication? Are you in a lot of pain? Please share any other symptoms you may be experiencing right now. I wish you a speedy recovery. Thank you for sharing!!

Hi Katie,

I also had the VGS on April 8th! Yesterday I didnt keep up with my pain meds as i "seemed" to be fine. Next thing i know im sobbing like a baby after overdoing it. Wont do that again!!!

. Have you been super thirsty? I was never a Water drinker before this, but i swear just the thought of ice Water makes me drool.

Take it easy!

Bridget

When they say it gets better everyday they are right. As far as pain most of mine is gas, from drinking too much at one time or too fast. I'm not on any pain meds. I am taking it really easy. I walk but that's that only physical activity I am doing. I highly recommend the first week after surgery is a rest chill week if possible. Where you lay around watch TV and chill. Of course aside from walking. Walk walk walk. It will help with gas and blood clots. I walk in place since its raining here.

When they say it gets better everyday they are right. As far as pain most of mine is gas, from drinking too much at one time or too fast. I'm not on any pain meds. I am taking it really easy. I walk but that's that only physical activity I am doing. I highly recommend the first week after surgery is a rest chill week if possible. Where you lay around watch TV and chill. Of course aside from walking. Walk walk walk. It will help with gas and blood clots. I walk in place since its raining here.

Just remember that everyone is different.

I agree I had my surgery April 9th. Everyday gets better. I'm resting my pre op appt isn't until Wed. I get up 2 walk around and to use the restroom but anything other than than I just relax. Gas pains are basically my only pains. Hard to get 64oz of liquids down by only sipping.

I'm April 9 too.

Worst pain was the pain where my right shoulder joins my neck, which supposedly was from the gas, but I've had that exact pain before surgery, so who knows. It's gone now, and was never bad enough for pain meds. Still haven't filled that prescription, and hope to never have to!

I was pretty active from the beginning. Surgery Tuesday, by Friday I was out shopping with my mom, Saturday I drove an hour back to my house and spent the day walking between my bedroom and the laundry room doing laundry. Yesterday was my one-week checkup, then errands while I was out. (mail those taxes!) Today I go to shop for foods for the next stage, and maybe try to get on the tractor to do some work.

Slept on my side all night for the first time since surgery!

I'm April 9 too.

Worst pain was the pain where my right shoulder joins my neck' date=' which supposedly was from the gas, but I've had that exact pain before surgery, so who knows. It's gone now, and was never bad enough for pain meds. Still haven't filled that prescription, and hope to never have to!

I was pretty active from the beginning. Surgery Tuesday, by Friday I was out shopping with my mom, Saturday I drove an hour back to my house and spent the day walking between my bedroom and the laundry room doing laundry. Yesterday was my one-week checkup, then errands while I was out. (mail those taxes!) Today I go to shop for foods for the next stage, and maybe try to get on the tractor to do some work.

Slept on my side all night for the first time since surgery![/quote']

Yaya,

You are doing great. My dr has me on limited activity has I has a hiatal hernia repaired as well. I can't do any housework or drive. My 1st appt is on tomorrow. I get my staples removed. I bet it will be easier to get around after having those taken out. Please don't over do it though. Remember like my drs nurse said. You had a major abdominal surgery and u still have to give urself time to heal.

I had a hiatal hernia repair as well. No external sutures or staples, though, all internal absorbable. They cleared me to drive 24 hours after anesthesia, as long as I'm not on pain meds (never needed any).

I probably do need to back it off a little, but I live alone so if something needs doing, I have to do it.