Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question to veterans about scars

For those of you who are a few years post surgery, how are your scars looking? Anyone out there who have scars that have faded so well that they aren't even noticeable? Thanks!

I would like to know as well....

I had five incisions, four very small, less than half inch. The fifth was about an inch just under the belly button. I had already had three surgeries through that scar, and it is more noticeable than the others. It is darker and is somewhat raised. The others have faded to unnoticeable. I wont say invisible, but just barely there. Very smooth and flat but just slightly darker.

I am light completed and my scars are noticeable. It's just how my skin is, the scars are not big, but they are there.

I have had a c section having twins and vsg march 2013 both are smaller compared to having my lap band removed

My biggest scar is where the lapband port was inserted and removed (used same scar line). It is faded quite white and barely noticable, especially compared to the stretch marks from childbirth and a liftetime of weight gain and loss and regain even more....

Scars from lap surgery are NOTHING compared to the stretch marks and wrinkly skin. One of these days I will have to post a photo of that hot mess...LOL

I'm about two years out. I have four teeny scars that could pass for chicken pox scars and one that is about 1/2 inch long. It's very thin and not raised, but the skin is a different color and kinda shiny.

They all look a zillion times better than they did at first. The big one puckered in till I lost quite a bit of weight.

I expect them to continue to fade a bit more, based on the scar I got on my ankle during surgery after a nasty break. It looked better at five years out than it did at two years out.

Lynda

My scars aren't noticeable. Like CowgirlJane, my stretch marks are probably worse. I have photos of my belly at 18 months in my gallery. I am linking to it here. The only mark I see on my belly in these pictures were not from the surgery.

frontbelly

I had to look in the mirror to see if I could find my scars and I am almost 2 years out. Mine are very small, I could hardly find them and I had forgotten where they were. Like others have said, my stretch marks and excess skin are much worse than the tiny scars.

Mine are unnoticeable too. My belly is quite saggy though having had twins.

My scars aren't noticeable. Like CowgirlJane, my stretch marks are probably worse. I have photos of my belly at 18 months in my gallery. I am linking to it here. The only mark I see on my belly in these pictures were not from the surgery.

Linda that is awesome. Your tummy has fared quite well...YAY!

Funny thing about scars is that they do tend to fade after a few years. I had my gall bladder removed laproscropically (I think there were 4 incisions) about 14 years ago and once I had "new" scars from the VSG I can't even FIND the old ones from the GB removal.

I'm only 5 1/2 months out and my skin is so white it's almost translucent! So mine are very noticeable. But my friend is a yr and a half out and hers shrunk and are barely visible. I hope mine look like hers in the future.

mine are bad... dark & ugly..but I am of african american heritage...we tend to scar & keloid easily...

my stretch marks are very much so lighter...

regardless, Id rather be thin & healthy with scars from the WLS incision that fat and/or dead without

Vogue, you are so right... Scars are nothing compared to the glow and joy of being healthy and active!

I had lab band surgery, sleeve, and then gall bladder. I have a lot of scars all over the place. I think 4 or 5 for every surgery.

There are some that are faded and barely noticeable. I would imagine those are the lap band ones. That was 6 years ago.