Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery on Monday and Nervous

I am having my surgery on Monday and now am starting to get a little nervous. My doctor really has not

offered much advice, which is why I joined this site. Still not quite sure what I will be able to have as far as liquids(clear)

for the week after surgery. Any suggestions? Also, am really unsure what to expect as far as pain/symptons after surgery.

I'm with you! I'm having my surgery Monday as well and I'm starting to get nervous. I have no idea what I will be having after the surgery or how much pain I'll be in...I'm having a hard time with my pre-surgery liquid diet as the Protein Shakes my doctor gave me are absolutely horrible!

I am about 4 weeks pre-op and I already have been given the detailed information for each stage of my post-op diet until I reach returning to regular foods at 7 weeks out.

I'm a newbie here, and I am pre-op - so I'm not an expert by any means, but to me it seem slike you should have already been given this information, long before this point.

If I were you, I would contact your doctors office and let them know you need more details ASAP.

I wish you all the best!

:)

I am a Monday surgery also, my doctor has given me everything I need! Are you from louisiana? Am using dr. Bellanger in Baton Rouge

I'm with you! I'm having my surgery Monday as well and I'm starting to get nervous. I have no idea what I will be having after the surgery or how much pain I'll be in...I'm having a hard time with my pre-surgery liquid diet as the Protein Shakes my doctor gave me are absolutely horrible!

Hey

I was sleeve on 4/5 and started 2 day liquid before surgery, basically chicken broth, Water, diet snapple, ginger ale and auger free Popsicle.

I was really hungry when I went in for surgery and after the surgery when I was in recovery I finally was settle in my room And was really thirsty and I was not allow to drink anything till the following day.

Following day comes and you have to start your liquid diet all over for 4 hours you start with 1oz liquid it can be diluted juice or it can be Water. I myself took me to the whole afternoon and evening to finish my 1oz liquid. I feel every time I sip I felt discomfort on my chest and just couldn't drink. Finally following day started the 2oz and I started drinking hot broth and it went down smoothly and for every hour my intake increase till I reach 4oz. Finally they took me off IV once I reach 3oz.

Went home on 4/7 and was unable to consume anymore liquids after I got home from hospital. Tuesday wasn't able to consume all 64oz of liquids and today I am still working on my liquids to increase.

When I do feel my stomach empty I try and drink an 1oz of water or my pure Protein ready shake I think the pure Protein Shake that comes ready is works miracles. I also am able to consume the ice pops with out a problem.

I feel super weak I walk alot today to stay off the bed but hopefully this weak feeling will go away.

Hope I help a little wish yah the best and just think positive.

Joan