Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

are you happy with the decision to have the sleeve procedure done, what has changed in your life and why you would do it again? Please rant.

This is the post I made on last Saturday when I was one month post op. It took awhile to put my feeling to words but it ended up saying what I was feeling so I am going to copy it here. It answers the question for me and what I have received so far from the procedure.

The title of the post was One month post op and "The Thing"

I am one month post op today. Yay me! Life is so good! Surgery and recovery have been ideal. Did 3 weeks of liquids and 10 days so far of soft foods and learning how to treat my new tiny tummy. I have been good to it thus far by following my post op diet to the T. My new tiny tummy has in return, treated me exceptionally well. I believe we are going to get along just fine. [/font]

My stats after one month are 13 lost on pre-op and 17 lost since surgery. Again, yay me!

'Now for "the thing" My stats are NOT the most important thing!! WTF?? I didn't see that one coming! At all! [/font]

I have not lost a single pound in over 10 days. I know by the million and ten OMG! I'm 3 weeks out and hit a major stall what is happening to me my surgery didn't work threads that the chances of my scale getting in on that action was was pretty high and sure enough, my scale is determined to be the life of that party. This too shall pass.[/font]

What I didn't see coming was "the thing". During this adjustment of not losing weight, my way of thinking has taken on a life of it's own. My brain did not freak out, didn't run for the nearest Taco Bell or Margarita with Mexican food. Every time I stepped on the scale, my brain would say your body is going through a huge adjustment and it will catch up. Be patient. I would step off the scale shrug and think yep, still adjusting. No big deal. Maybe even a good thing? I have made huge changes and I am still adjusting to them, so to be fair, my body needs time to adjust as well. I am listening to my body, giving it what it needs and it won't fail me. I know this now. I have never known this before. When did this happen? I don't know but it is coursing through me and I plan to never let it get away. [/font]

One month out and I feel different. I physically feel better, I know I look better, but most importantly, my outlook and new knowledge feel so powerful and I know that I am in control. It may take my body longer to get to the healthy weight that it needs to be but "the thing" is, it will get there. I know this to be true now. Finally.

I am VERY glad I had it done, and yes, even though I am only 3 weeks post-op, I believe I'd have it done again. It has changed my life very dramatically already - it is forcing me into a much healthier eating pattern and lifestyle. I have had to re-learn how to eat and drink all over again. There is no gorging on anything without getting sick. And the weight loss so far has been phenomenal! However, I would caution anyone considering this to DO YOUR RESEARCH. This is not a magic bullet - it takes lots of work, and requires commitment. Fortunately, I attended a support group BEFORE having this done, and heard from a lot of post-op people about the hurdles they faced. I am sometimes shocked when I hear people on this forum talk about how unprepared they were. As long as you are committed to changing your lifestyle post-op (and maintaining that new lifestyle longterm), this is a GREAT option!!!!

At first I was not happy with the decision that was made because I couldn't eat what I wanted...I didn't realize that I had just an emotional attachment to food until after the procedure...being able to go out and eat what I wanted was OVER. Now that I have come to that realization first! I am happy to say I am happy with the decision that I made and I am moving on! I am not going to say everyday is not a challenge but it is...I look at food differently and I look at life differently! I want what's better for me!!! and I look forward to this journey and this challenge in my life! :)

My life has changed dramatically! Lets start with the emotional change.... the drive to over eat unhealthy food is gone. I feel FREE FROM FOOD (if that makes sense) Before food was my go to for everything that ailed me. The first few months of adjustments was a lot of work..... BUT worth it!! Now on to the physical improvements... I am mobile without joint pain of any kind. Before surgery I would take Motrin daily just to make it through the day. At 5 months post op life feels normal....I can wear clothes I dreamed of wearing..... Yes it has been work and a adjustment. However, It is worth it...I would do it again if I had to.

Everything already stated above is true. I didn't realize how much I relied on food. I knew I ate too much and I knew that I had an emotional attachment to food. It was where I ran for comfort.. After surgery it came to my attention that food had more control over my life than I realized. I'm only a little more than 3 weeks post op. It has been very hard to change my relationship with food and I've only just begun. The 1st 2 weeks were the worst. I had to give myself a good talking to and make myself accept that my affair with food is over. Permanently.

That being said, I don't regret getting the sleeve for one minute. I'm having the dreaded 3 week stall right now. It's just ridiculous. But I know the scale will move again soon and I know that my new eating habits are in my best interest. If you do your homework and prepare yourself for the huge changes you are about to make, the sleeve is great. Just make sure your ready because there is no going back.