Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here had plastics in Costa Rica? If so, who did you use, what procedures did you have done, and how was your experience overall? Thanks!

I've researched Costa Rica through Arrivacostarica.com and other like sites. That being said, I think I'm going to use Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico.

Thank you so much for responding. I looked at your profile and our stats are almost exactly the same. You had surgery two months before me though. I know you aren't at goal yet but do you have an idea of when you'll plan to have plastics done? And what are you thinking of having done? I be looking into getting a BL and possibly a TT, if I need it. Like you, Dr. Sauceda is at the top of my list also.

I have been reading a lot about Dr. Lev in CR and he seems to be very highly regarded. It seems that he is THE MAN to go to for a facelift. Would like to find someone who has used him for BL & TT.

Here's a question for you. I've seen Dr. Sauceda's price list. Is that list in stone or do you know if he lowers the price when two or more procedures are done? For example, a medium TT is $4400 and a BL is $4500. I understand that he refunds $600 for the airfare if one has over $6000 in surgery. But assuming I had the above two procedures done, would he charge me a total of $8900? Or, would the two procedures combined be a little less? Just thought you might know since you are sort of ahead of me in research. Thanks!

This is where I am. The earliest I can do plastics is October. Doctors want you to be a year out and have maintained your weight. It really depends on my job and my husband's job. If things don't work out for this Fall, I will have to push it back to summer 2014. I need an upper AND lower body lift. I'm also thinking about a brow and neck lift too, I would think the more procedures you have done at one time, the price would be less for the simply fact that you are only using the OR and medical team once. I haven't seen a price list from Dr. Sauceda, he wants pics first and since I'm still at least 6 months away, I'm not comfortable sending pics yet....

Have you checked out my Youtube page? Also are you a member of Sassy Sleevers on FB? Check them out, they are full of info.

I too have been checking out the much loved Dr S. I have talked on the phone to his patients and I think I have a good picture of that situation. Great prices and I think good value. All in all, he does great work.

I have also discussed the out of country option with local surgeons, both during plastics consults and with other surgeons who have no financial interest. I think I have a fair assessment of the increased risks too. Bottom line, the out of country surgeons do jumbo procedures - a whole bunch at once that USA surgeons will not even consider doing. Each of us has to decide our risk tolerance because for most people that will be just fine... but when it is not, it isn't.

Anyway, it is tough because the local surgeon option is so incredibly costly - figure 2-3X as much as a doc like Dr S.

Yes, Dr. Sauceda seems to be very will-liked. I've looked and looked and I can't seem to find one bad review or post about him. I would only plan on having the two proedures done at one (BL & TT) which I don't think is unusual for surgeons to her in the States. I would not ever consider having 4, 5, 6, etc procedures at once. When are you thinking of having surgery? What other doctors have you researched?

Be careful in researching...people tend to sell their own surgeon pretty hard. Naysayers are dismissed etc. that doesn't mean i think Dr S is bad...just realize how biased internet reviews are.

Thank you so much for responding. I looked at your profile and our stats are almost exactly the same. You had surgery two months before me though. I know you aren't at goal yet but do you have an idea of when you'll plan to have plastics done? And what are you thinking of having done? I be looking into getting a BL and possibly a TT' date=' if I need it. Like you, Dr. Sauceda is at the top of my list also.

I have been reading a lot about Dr. Lev in CR and he seems to be very highly regarded. It seems that he is THE MAN to go to for a facelift. Would like to find someone who has used him for BL & TT.

Here's a question for you. I've seen Dr. Sauceda's price list. Is that list in stone or do you know if he lowers the price when two or more procedures are done? For example, a medium TT is 4400 and a BL is 4500. I understand that he refunds 600 for the airfare if one has over 6000 in surgery. But assuming I had the above two procedures done, would he charge me a total of 8900? Or, would the two procedures combined be a little less? Just thought you might know since you are sort of ahead of me in research. Thanks![/quote']

I have talked to him alot and plan on booking for July. He does offer discounts when combing procedures. Does refund 600 in airfare, and it is all inclusive (including the hotel if over a certain $ amount) he has been amazing at answering all my questions.... And I have a lot of them. Lol. Hope that helps.

Does Dr. S have a forum?