Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody regretted it, even with no complications?

I'm only a little over a week out, and I don't think I'll have any regrets. What I am struggling with, though, is to try to understand why I couldn't do it without the surgery? I'm pretty disappointed in myself....why couldn't I exercise? Or limit my portions? Or drive by a fast food joint and not go through the drive through?

I'm confident that after 6 months I'll be able to have a little of anything, so I'm not really mourning food or the rediculous huge portions I had before. But I'm just disappointed in myself for having to have chosen surgery.

Deborah

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Luckysmomma, I am sorry you've received negative feedback about your journey. Personally, I wish the feedback was more supportive. This WLS journey is uniquely individual and your experience is your own. I don't believe it should be challenged.

I am sorry you regret your decision and wish you all the best during your journey. If you want to talk, without judgment feel free to send me a message.

I regret not having done this earlier. I regret having been so overweight for so long. I regret having a food addiction. i regret that food has such power over me.

I DO NOT regret taking control of my life or giving myself a chance. I DO NOT regret not being able to eat the things i crave or don't eat anymore. that's how I got to be almost 300 Lbs. I would so do this again in a NY minute

TES - I'd go into detail because I have on similar threads, but I get a lot of negative comments when I do & it has gotten a little too negative for me...so the condensed version - I simply miss my life with food. I miss the life I had. I am hoping & praying it gets better in time.

so sorry to hear, Luckysmomma--wishing you all the best. Hopefully it will get better.

I'm three weeks out and while I don't exactly have regrets, I'm not happy about it either if that makes any sense! While the surgery itself went without a hitch the recovery has been awful as I'm one of those that wanted to jump up from the surgical table and be able to run a marathon, lol.

Like a lot of people, I miss the socialization with people that are centered around food. For example, last night I was at a get-together with a large group of friends and everyone (including me) brought things for the dinner. Everyone was laughing and having a great time and there was tasty, tasty food EVERYWHERE. And I had 3 oz of canned creamy Soup. :/ I know that in the future I'll be able to partake as well once I'm fully healed and all that good stuff. It just sucks hardcore at the moment.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I don't regret having the surgery so I can become healthy I do regret the need change in mindset I have to go through that I apparently hadn't already done like I thought I had. :(

I regret it. First of all the recovery was awful. I am going to have to have further tests and surgery which I can't afford. Complications are enormous. I don't know how this surgery is even allowed it is prehistoric. Cut and staple. What could go wrong. Only everything. I am glad I did this though for one reason. Now I know the truth and can move forward. Too much hype on this one. I can eat like before and I'm always hungry after the sleeve empties. I am starting week 7. I had 2 whole pieces of cheese pizza back to back. I chewed slow and waited than an hour later a TV dinner. This is ridiculous. Oh yeah hope you like tea. Lots and lots and lots of tea. Get a few barrels on tap. Lots of pain and almost null weight loss for me so far. I don't have the money or ability to specialty shop all the time. I had this surgery for appetite suppression and restriction. It failed. The only weight I lost was when I was on liquids. I could of done that for less than 500.00. And a few weeks at a hotel. Gee whiz. What a scam.

I regret it. First of all the recovery was awful. I am going to have to have further tests and surgery which I can't afford. Complications are enormous. I don't know how this surgery is even allowed it is prehistoric. Cut and staple. What could go wrong. Only everything. I am glad I did this though for one reason. Now I know the truth and can move forward. Too much hype on this one. I can eat like before and I'm always hungry after the sleeve empties. I am starting week 7. I had 2 whole pieces of cheese pizza back to back. I chewed slow and waited than an hour later a TV dinner. This is ridiculous. Oh yeah hope you like tea. Lots and lots and lots of tea. Get a few barrels on tap. Lots of pain and almost null weight loss for me so far. I'm one of those guys that eats what's available. I don't have the money or ability to specialty shop. I had this surgery for appetite suppression and restriction. It failed. The only weight I lost was when I was on liquids. I could of done that for less than 500.00. And a few weeks at a hotel. Gee whiz. What a scam.

Who did your surgery? Where? I read about someone else on here who also felt no restriction and was always hungry - and when another surgeon checked them out, nearly their entire original stomach had been left intact. They had it revised and are having great success with it now.

I regret it. First of all the recovery was awful. I am going to have to have further tests and surgery which I can't afford. Complications are enormous. I don't know how this surgery is even allowed it is prehistoric. Cut and staple. What could go wrong. Only everything. I am glad I did this though for one reason. Now I know the truth and can move forward. Too much hype on this one. I can eat like before and I'm always hungry after the sleeve empties. I am starting week 7. I had 2 whole pieces of cheese pizza back to back. I chewed slow and waited than an hour later a TV dinner. This is ridiculous. Oh yeah hope you like tea. Lots and lots and lots of tea. Get a few barrels on tap. Lots of pain and almost null weight loss for me so far. I'm one of those guys that eats what's available. I don't have the money or ability to specialty shop. I had this surgery for appetite suppression and restriction. It failed. The only weight I lost was when I was on liquids. I could of done that for less than $500.00. And a few weeks at a hotel. Gee whiz. What a scam.

First of all, if you had read any of the posts since you joined this forum, you would know that cheese pizza is not going to give you the feeling of restriction you need. Dense Protein will do that. That requires a little time spent planning and shopping. You are correct, it sounds like this surgery was a waste of time and risk for you. Never should have happened if you expected to continue eating unhealthy.

I was sleeved on 3/26 and its very hard it seems like they really did not take That much stomach just me because some times I still feel hungry. And it does not seem like I am losing I onow its been almost 3 weeks but I don't see it and the pain on my side is crazy hard to bend or do anything hurt so bad hate to put a bra on

TES - I'd go into detail because I have on similar threads, but I get a lot of negative comments when I do & it has

gotten a little too negative for me...so the condensed version - I simply miss my life with food. I miss the life I had. I am hoping & praying it gets better in time.

I'm so sorry you feel that way and I so hope you will be able to find happiness with your sleeve. Yes, you are in the minority, but that is how you feel now and I would hope you are not slammed for it. There are probably things that contribute to your feelings that people here have no idea about.

I really do hope you will be able to find the peace you seek, we were sleeved on the same day so I feel a slight kinship with my fellow March 6th sleevers.

If you ever need to talk, you can message me. :)

Hang in there, you may be surprised.

I do eat healthy most of the time. But sometimes I can't. The point is I shouldn't be so starving that I'm forced to make a bad decision. This surgery was supposed to fix that. I'm on a budget. And I eat through my Proteins too quickly. Its hunger pure and simple. Maybe you can fight it when you are in your teens and 20s but when you are an old man like me forget about it.

I do eat healthy most of the time. But sometimes I can't. The point is I shouldn't be so starving that I'm forced to make a bad decision. This surgery was supposed to fix that.

Are you working with a registered dietitian? Also, it's important to learn to differentiate head hunger from physical hunger. something like Protein will keep you full a lot longer than cheese pizza. I am not planning on eating anything like that during weight loss, and once I reach goal, I'll probably just do something like a Flat Out (low carb) "pizza" if I have a craving. with protein on top....

I'm 5 weeks out and as far as family gatherings and food, I'm in LOVE with my sleeve!!!

I don't know about you, but I've been on a diet for my entire life, or since I was 12. I would go to family functions during all these different diets feeling strong willed & crash and burn and feel like crap about myself every time. It might or might not set me into a spiral that included a ton of gorging myself on stuff that's led me crave more junk and more more more until i hated myself. Again.

Today my dh bbq'd and I made all the fixins last night and today. Things I Love. I have done really well on this new way of living and I thought last night I'd indulge in some suddenly salad. Complete junk, but I'm a firm believer in moderation. Anyway, got myself 1/4c and before it was gone, I was done. I gave the rest to my son. I remember when I was pre w my first daughter, making suddenly sala an eating the whole box. I call last nights "cheat" a success.

Today was the BBQ. I made the deviled eggs low carb and had one deviled egg an the filling from 1 1/2 eggs. Then I very slowly indulged in one chip. I'm not even kidding. After this BBQ, I was telling my dh how much I looooove my sleeve. I would have eaten 2 and a half plates in the past. (Back up, I would have "licked the spoons" to everything I made) and then dessert. Probably a lot of leftover Easter candy. SUCCESS!!!

I don't miss pigging out and feeling like a slug. I do enjoy being with friends and family, tasting this and that, eating my healthy meal and being done. And feeling good about myself afterwards. I looooove My sleeve and can't imagine ever going back even if I were given the opportunity.

I'm almost 6 weeks post and while I don't REGRET, I wish there were things I would've known more and taken into consideration... like my love for food. I think too, because the scale isn't giving me "proof" of my success, I feel like I'm not winning the battle. Yes, I've lost weight and even at a good pace -- but I guess I was hoping for instant gratification. And since I'm not receiving it, I have to remind myself to be patient. I honestly think this comes from the fact I've tried and failed so many other diets, I can't help but think this won't "work" too. But I'm going to keep plugging away and hanging in there -- lol, what choice do I have anyways, my stomach's pretty much gone ;)