Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 month checkup, 116 lb loss, pics

Thanks everyone for all of your encouraging words! It has been an amazing journey so far and I'm looking forward to being healthy for the rest of my life.

Sent from Gaye's iPad Mini using VST

you look fantastic!! great job

you look fantastic!! great job

Thanks LaBelle509, it has been a fantastic journey!

Congrats on your success!! I will be sleeved on June 25 th and have the same starting weight/height as you. Thanks for the inspiration!

You look fabulous!!! You look younger too!

Thanks for all the great comments! You guys are great!

I'm excited for you! Congrats!!!!

I just had my 9 month checkup' date=' I have lost 116 lbs since June 18, 2012, I'm 5'11" and started out at 334.9 lbs, I am so excited about getting to onderland!

Sent from Gaye's iPad Mini using VST[/quote']

First of all WAY TO GO! you look 10 years younger too! Can you please share your journey, such as what you eat, number of calories, Protein, carbs etc? Did you hit any big stalls, when and how you overcame them? basically we would love to hear from those a year out with what are your 5 best tips and any mistakes you learned from. Thanks!!

First of all WAY TO GO! you look 10 years younger too! Can you please share your journey' date=' such as what you eat, number of calories, Protein, carbs etc? Did you hit any big stalls, when and how you overcame them? basically we would love to hear from those a year out with what are your 5 best tips and any mistakes you learned from. Thanks!![/quote']

Thank you for the compliment! I feel 20 years younger to! I'm not the best at keeping up with my calories but I try to eat at least 70 to 80 grams of Protein, I eat very little carbs - ever, they just don't sit well with my sleeve.

I have had several stalls, everyone will, I just drank more Water and kicked up my cardio every day. Just remember your body is going through something it has never experienced before and it takes time to get adjusted to your new eating plan.

My 5 best tips

1. Do not weigh yourself every day! It just upsets you and sets you up to fail and eat junk you shouldn't eat cause you don't think you are losing.

2. You deserve to be healthy and thin, and its ok if people notice you in public and make a big deal about it, just smile and say "Thank You".

3. I love to share my story with anyone who asks me, this surgery saved my life and keeping it a secret is not helping me or anyone else, I don't care who in the world knows how I lost weight, I'm proud of my success!

4. I have loose skin, and so will anyone else who loses 116 lbs, you can exercise 24/7 and you will still have it, the way I look at it, I would rather look at my body with the loose skin than all the excess weight I had!

5. I have been overweight most of my life, been on every diet plan you could imagine and I have been married to the most wonderful man for 32 years, he never complained or said anything about my weight, and my most favorite benefit from this surgery is to just see how he looks at me now, and we are really enjoying each other! Thank you God for leading me down this path to a new life!

you look great!!!

I just had my 9 month checkup' date=' I have lost 116 lbs since June 18, 2012, I'm 5'11" and started out at 334.9 lbs, I am so excited about getting to onderland!

Yay! Great results. I had my month 9 checkup today.

Thank you for the compliment! I feel 20 years younger to! I'm not the best at keeping up with my calories but I try to eat at least 70 to 80 grams of protein' date=' I eat very little carbs - ever, they just don't sit well with my sleeve.

I have had several stalls, everyone will, I just drank more Water and kicked up my cardio every day. Just remember your body is going through something it has never experienced before and it takes time to get adjusted to your new eating plan.

My 5 best tips

1. Do not weigh yourself every day! It just upsets you and sets you up to fail and eat junk you shouldn't eat cause you don't think you are losing.

2. You deserve to be healthy and thin, and its ok if people notice you in public and make a big deal about it, just smile and say "Thank You".

3. I love to share my story with anyone who asks me, this surgery saved my life and keeping it a secret is not helping me or anyone else, I don't care who in the world knows how I lost weight, I'm proud of my success!

4. I have loose skin, and so will anyone else who loses 116 lbs, you can exercise 24/7 and you will still have it, the way I look at it, I would rather look at my body with the loose skin than all the excess weight I had!

5. I have been overweight most of my life, been on every diet plan you could imagine and I have been married to the most wonderful man for 32 years, he never complained or said anything about my weight, and my most favorite benefit from this surgery is to just see how he looks at me now, and we are really enjoying each other! Thank you God for leading me down this path to a new life!

thanks soooo much for sharing these tips! You rock!

You guys are great!

gaye jarvis

We sure are!!!! :lol: :lol:

butttt.......you are not so bad yourself!!!! :)

congrats on your weight loss

lookin' good!!!!

116 lbs is nothing to sneeze about!!! :)

Ahhh chooo!!!! :lol:

keep up the great job!!! :)

You have an AMAZING Spirit and new body! Thank You soooo much for being very kind and sharing!

You have an AMAZING Spirit and new body! Thank You soooo much for being very kind and sharing!

Thank you so much! I hope by sharing my story I can help someone else.