Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where the May sleevers i just got my date!

I have the same kid issue (15' date=' 13, & 11yo)

I have been preparing the kids for a while telling them I am seeing a doctor and a nutritionist to help me lose weight and get healthier. My kids are all big outdoors fans and we camp and hike. Obviously, I can't keep up. So I tell them I want to be able to do more stuff with. them.

I have not told them I am getting surgery. Nor have I told any family or friends. I'm just telling them its another "procedure" like the sleep study, EGD, or stomach emptying studies I have had.

[/quote']

Thanks for the advice. Good luck in your journey!! Keep me posted on how you do :)

Im May 13th!!! So excited and nervous at the same time!

That's our date too - May 15' date=' with Dr. Pleatman from Michigan.[/quote']

Who's your doctor, and where are you from? Excited & nervous too, how about you?

Mines May 3rd also ...where will you have it done?

Mines is May 3rd also!!!! Excited and scared

Hello. All! I've been so inspired reading threads on VST since February, but this is my first post. My date is May 8th! Excited and nervous, but educated. Ready for a healthier me, but not so ready to shell out all the $$$ --- I'm a self payer! What's your biggest post-surgery concern?

Mulliganmom...I'm self-pay on May 8th, too...my biggest post-op concern is what I am going to do with all of those emotions that I have been soothing/stuffing down/hiding from by over eating for the past 15 years...and I'm concerned that my tastes will change so much that I don't truly enjoy food any more

Njgurl and ladykirklin...I'm May 14th also! I'm so stoked!

Me too! How goes the pre op diets??

I have a long appt with Dr and staff on May 1. That's when I'll pick up everything for my 2 week pre-op.

Won't be long now!

Have you started yours?

So ... is everyone ready for their pre-op diet? My surgeon told me I had to keep the calorie intake between 800-1,000 calories per day during this phase.

I'm already starting to stock up on Protein Shakes, but I want to plan my liquids to make sure I'm doing everything right. Me + no plan = failure:(

This is the start of my second day pre-op - and it is tough! I am trying to stay busy and praying that by day 4 it gets easier like everyone says.....and I thought quitting smoking was tough.......

My surgery date is MAY 24TH - I am so looking forward to it; am counting down the days.....ready for a new chapter in my life!

I'm too excited the new me begins on May 6th!!!!!! I can't believe this is actually going to happen. Yay!

I'm May 6th too!!! Ready to rock??