Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bundle of nerves. April 18 is my day.

Freaking out over here. Less than two weeks to go from band to sleeve and having a hard time silencing my fears about the sleeve not working for me and nervousness about surgery itself. I want and need this surgery. It's time to finish what I started over 5 years ago when I got the band. I'm just....afraid I guess. I don't want to fail again and I want my surgery to be as smooth as it has been for so many of you. Surgery scares me. Please tell me that I'm not alone with these feelings. So many people are so gun-ho about the surgery and I'm only gun-ho about the weight loss lol...the surgery? Not so much. I changed my surgery date twice. I am not changing it again. It's time.

What is keeping me somewhat grounded is the positive outcome for sooo many, the low complication rate, my facility is a Center for Excellence and my surgeon is rated one of the top surgeons in the country. My rational mind knows that my worry about surgery is blown out of proportion. I mean, I'm big but I'm not unhealthy. My surgery outcome should be fine. I just need to calm down, but I'm having a hard time doing that.

Please help. Thanks.

I am getting sleeved on April 17. Yes, I am scared too. I read posts on here and get brave, then I read others and question if I really want to do this.

I hope everything goes well with you and I hope we can get over the anxiety and realize that we will be ok. We have to put our lives in God's hands.

Keep in touch and we can compare notes.

Lory2922. Thanks and you're right. We'll get past it just like so many others and I can't wait to post and encourage a newbie that comes behind me. I'll keep in touch.

My surgery is scheduled for April 16 and I am feeling exactly the same way. The Pre-op diet has not been as hard as I thought it would be - so far - but when I think of all liquids for another week and 1/2 before surgery - it seems impossible. That is my biggest challenge now.

Yes lets keep in touch. I have a new Facebook page I started with fellow sleevers if you are interested in being my friend. Private message me.

Good luck to you.

I'm scheduled for revision in June so not quite too nervous YET!

Hoping for a quick recovery for you :)

Yes lets keep in touch. I have a new Facebook page I started with fellow sleevers if you are interested in being my friend. Private message me.

OK. I did.

Freaking out over here. Less than two weeks to go from band to sleeve and having a hard time silencing my fears about the sleeve not working for me and nervousness about surgery itself. I want and need this surgery. It's time to finish what I started over 5 years ago when I got the band. I'm just....afraid I guess. I don't want to fail again and I want my surgery to be as smooth as it has been for so many of you. Surgery scares me. Please tell me that I'm not alone with these feelings. So many people are so gun-ho about the surgery and I'm only gun-ho about the weight loss lol...the surgery? Not so much. I changed my surgery date twice. I am not changing it again. It's time.

What is keeping me somewhat grounded is the positive outcome for sooo many' date=' the low complication rate, my facility is a Center for Excellence and my surgeon is rated one of the top surgeons in the country. My rational mind knows that my worry about surgery is blown out of proportion. I mean, I'm big but I'm not unhealthy. My surgery outcome should be fine. I just need to calm down, but I'm having a hard time doing that.

Please help. Thanks.[/quote']

I feel the same!!! WE HAVE THE SAME DATES!!!!! I could have typed your post. Deep breaths. WOO SAAA!!!! WE will be fine!!

I am getting sleeved on April 17. Yes' date=' I am scared too. I read posts on here and get brave, then I read others and question if I really want to do this.

I hope everything goes well with you and I hope we can get over the anxiety and realize that we will be ok. We have to put our lives in God's hands.

Keep in touch and we can compare notes.[/quote']

Hello, I am going 1 day after you!!! We will be fine!!! GOD HAS US!! ????

I feel the same!!! WE HAVE THE SAME DATES!!!!! I could have typed your post. Deep breaths. WOO SAAA!!!! WE will be fine!!

I'm breathin'. I'm breathin'. WOO SAAA :o !!!!

Hello, I am going 1 day after you!!! We will be fine!!! GOD HAS US!! ������

Hello, I am going 1 day after you!!! We will be fine!!! GOD HAS US!!

AMEN.

I was terribly nervous and had the WLS on March 18th. So happy its behind me and everything went well. Recovery so much easier than I expecte. I wish you well. You are in our prayers. God Speed

I was terribly nervous and had the WLS on March 18th. So happy its behind me and everything went well. Recovery so much easier than I expecte. I wish you well. You are in our prayers. God Speed

It helps to know that. Glad that your surgery went well and that you are recovering well, too. Thanks a whole bunch for your reply.

My surgery was two weeks ago. After the surgery, I was hooked up to a PCA pump with Morphine and it did it's job. I had no pain, a little nausea and no dizziness. I stayed in the hospital three days, and by day three I felt normal with a little twinge in my side. After I came home, I slept and walked and drank. All in all, the process was simple. The hard part comes when you have to drink all of those super sweet Protein drinks+water+meals+vitamins. Now, I am over twenty pounds lighter on the verge of being 199 lbs. It's crazy! You will feel so much better. Good luck to everyone!