Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Florance vs Mi hospital

I've just seen a glowing review of the Florence Hospital where the nurses speak English & its was very clean and the bedside manor were top notch. (Free wifi is a bonus) now I'm confused, I was booked into Mi hospital and have heard good reviews - I know not to expect state of the art facilities but there seems to be a few more things attracting me to the florence now... Any words of wisdom from people who have been to either? Thanks ????

That will be a tough one for ppl to answer as they probably went to one or the other, but not both. And many feel loyal and protective of their hospital/surgeon.

I think your best bet would be to list the pros/cons factual only of the two places and see which meets your needs. If there is no price difference then it should like comparing apples to apples.

Amanda Rae

Haha yes I did think of that - no one has been to both lol ...

*Nurses who speak English is a big bonus

*beds I've heard a few times are very uncomfortable at Mi hospital

*noisy because of street and construction also at Mi

I just didn't realise I may of had an option where I go, till now. I thought that Mi hospital was where he worked out of - more decisions! Lol

I went to Mi hospital. I really liked it, and the bed was comfortable to me. Some of the nurses spoke great english, some not so much,but I could always get my point across haha. There was alot of street noise/honking..but it didn't bother me at all.

I went to Mi hospital. I really liked it' date=' and the bed was comfortable to me. Some of the nurses spoke great english, some not so much,but I could always get my point across haha. There was alot of street noise/honking..but it didn't bother me at all.[/quote']

See it's weird I've heard "the nurses don't speak English" then u say some do . Lol .. Again I'm just trying to find the most comfortable place at a very uncomfortable time to spend a few days haha ...

Oh there are some that do, actually a few I even ask if they were from there cuz their english was so good. but then there were some who didn't, but there was always other people close by if we needed translation. It was clean too

See it's weird I've heard "the nurses don't speak English" then u say some do . Lol .. Again I'm just trying to find the most comfortable place at a very uncomfortable time to spend a few days haha ...

At Mi I could communicate just fine with the nurses. A few didn't speak much English but most could. I'd say 75% of the nurses there could speak a decent amount of English. I agree that the bed was not very comfortable though.. it wasn't absolute torture, but definitely not a great bed IMHO. ... Traffic noises weren't an issue, I knew Mi was near a noisy street so I brought earplugs.

Also, it was very clean and we all had private rooms with private bathrooms with huge showers.

I may be the minority but I did not like MiDoctor at all. If there's one thing I could change about my surgery it would be going to that hospital. I posted my experience and opinion about the hospital if you want to search for it on my profile

Mi Doctor has free wifi. I had no problem talking to any of the nurses during the day. The ones that didn't speak much english worked at night, but there was always someone close by that spoke english. I found it to be clean. The bed, I've slept in better and worse.

Has anyone ever had a comfy hospital bed? Their hospital beds lol :)

I believe he just started working out of florence. I believe my group was the first to go because we were all initially booked for MiDoctor and got am email about one week before surgery stating we could upgrade or stay with MiDoctor. I believe the team is waiting to see how we felt about the hospital. Oh, something cool. They provide you with slippers

:)

I was in florence last week, it was great. If you have a support person coming with you, they will have their own full bed. And each room has it's own bath room with shower.

I happened to find the bed at florence VERY comfy, some kind of inflation mattress going on. Hard to describe but I loved it.

And yes, there was always at least one nurse and resident doctor who spoke great English. The nurses who didn't speak a lot at least managed with a few words; they were really sweet for the most part.

I believe he just started working out of florence. I believe my group was the first to go because we were all initially booked for MiDoctor and got am email about one week before surgery stating we could upgrade or stay with MiDoctor. I believe the team is waiting to see how we felt about the hospital. Oh' date=' something cool. They provide you with slippers

:)[/quote']

Ahhh see "upgrade" .. I thought it sounded a little nicer. alma said we could change ... I think I might request that we do. Thanks for everyone's input! It's all appreciated ????

I was in florence last week' date=' it was great. If you have a support person coming with you, they will have their own full bed. And each room has it's own bath room with shower.

I happened to find the bed at florence VERY comfy, some kind of inflation mattress going on. Hard to describe but I loved it.

And yes, there was always at least one nurse and resident doctor who spoke great English. The nurses who didn't speak a lot at least managed with a few words; they were really sweet for the most part.[/quote']

My support person is also having the surgery lol

I'm at the Mi hospital right now and I'm one day post op.. Very clean, bed is comfy, no noise from outside from my room..?.. Nurses a little loud but don't bother me..they are soooooo friendly!. Yes it is older but clean... Most nurses speak English and if not they always have 1-2 that do... I'm happy with it overall...