Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where the heck is my restriction

5 weeks out... I ate an entire pack of weight control oatmeal for Breakfast, still currently hungry. I seriously feel like I wasted my money. My stomach apparently was ginormous because I'm still always hungry. Some freakin bull. I'm so frustrated. And height has nothing to do with it cos I'm short as ****.

Eat Protein, an egg, cottage cheese, tuna with a little low fat mayo. When you are further along always eat meat or fish first. You will feel the restriction.

oatmeal is probably a slider, which is why you didn't feel any restriction. How are you doing with denser Protein? If you are on soft foods, try eggs or some tuna or chicken salad. It's the dense Protein that gives you the biggest feeling of restriction.

-Kendra

Oatmeal is probably a slider' date=' which is why you didn't feel any restriction. How are you doing with denser Protein? If you are on soft foods, try eggs or some tuna or chicken salad. It's the dense Protein that gives you the biggest feeling of restriction.

-Kendra[/quote']

The weight control oatmeal has 7g of protein so I thought it would be ok. eggs and chicken salad make me sick. I haven't been satisfied or full since surgery, not once. It's dumb

The weight control oatmeal has 7g of Protein so I thought it would be ok. eggs and chicken salad make me sick. I haven't been satisfied or full since surgery, not once. It's dumb

The Protein in the oatmeal is probably whey protein, which isn't the same as dense protein like chicken or fish or beef. Do you like hamburgers? Try a hamburger patty or a veggie burger. Tofu would be good too if you like that.

Please egg whites !

Please eat egg whites !

Oatmeal is probably not the first choice at this point. Try going for bigger Protein as your first food. Protein is what helps you feel full. As far as dense protein. That is no joke. I was on liquids for 3 weeks then able to move on to soft foods like canned or baked fish, canned chicken and shaved deli type meats. The canned fish and chicken are great for protein for the amount you can eat and goes down easily. Tried the shaved turkey the other day and oh my, it was different. I could only do about an oz over 30 minutes and felt it alot.

If your goal is to get 60-80 grams of protein a day, it's hard to do with your main food only having 7 grams. Maybe greek yogurt? It has 14-18 grams of protein per serving, just watch and make sure there are no more than about 14 grams of sugar.

Good luck, you can do it!

Try the Premier Protein shakes, they have 30 grams of Protein and 1 gram of sugar. Tastes pretty good to me, like chocolate milk. I haven't been sleeved yet, but it curbs my hunger.

Try the Premier Protein shakes, they have 30 grams of Protein and 1 gram of sugar. Tastes pretty good to me, like chocolate milk. I haven't been sleeved yet, but it curbs my hunger.

Those things are da bomb! I have one at night before bed as a protein boost and desert all rolled into one!

The Protein in the oatmeal is probably whey protein' date=' which isn't the same as dense protein like chicken or fish or beef. Do you like hamburgers? Try a hamburger patty or a veggie burger. Tofu would be good too if you like that.[/quote']

I had a half of a turkey burger yesterday. It didn't make me full but it got stuck in my chest

Oatmeal is probably not the first choice at this point. Try going for bigger Protein as your first food. Protein is what helps you feel full. As far as dense protein. That is no joke. I was on liquids for 3 weeks then able to move on to soft foods like canned or baked fish' date=' canned chicken and shaved deli type meats. The canned fish and chicken are great for protein for the amount you can eat and goes down easily. Tried the shaved turkey the other day and oh my, it was different. I could only do about an oz over 30 minutes and felt it alot.

If your goal is to get 60-80 grams of protein a day, it's hard to do with your main food only having 7 grams. Maybe greek yogurt? It has 14-18 grams of protein per serving, just watch and make sure there are no more than about 14 grams of sugar.

Good luck, you can do it![/quote']

Greek yogurt makes me gag because its too sweet. Canned chicken makes me sick too. I haven't tried deli meat or canned fish so i will try both of those. Today was the first time I had oatmeal, apparently it wasn't as good of a choice as I thought :/

Try the Premier Protein shakes' date=' they have 30 grams of Protein and 1 gram of sugar. Tastes pretty good to me, like chocolate milk. I haven't been sleeved yet, but it curbs my hunger.[/quote']

Thank you, I will try that. Where do you get it?

I know costco carries them and I am told Sams does as well. If you don't have a membership you probably know someone who does. They are very reasonably priced about $22 for a case of 18

I get mine at either Kroger or Sams Club. Last week I got a pack of 24 at Sams Club for $18.00 ...maybe that was a pack of 18, I'd have to go back and check. I'm pretty sure that Walmart will have them too. I think I saw them at Walgreens and CVS, but I'm not sure. You can always order them online from Amazon.com, and sometimes I think they have sales on them!

I've only had the chocolate, but they also sell them in vanilla.< /p>