Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know how you feel. I felt anxiety really bad here and there the first week like little stabbings of" HOLY S**T what did I do."

The Water thing got so much easier when I discovered Ginger Tea. Ginger helps reduce swelling I swear by it . As soon as I started having one cup a day I found it was so much more comfortable to swollow, and I had no trouble getting the water down and protien shakes. I forgot it a few days and really noticed a lot more pain with fluids. and then with in a few hours oif sipping down the tea I could tolerate much more normal swallows. You have to go with the a ginger tea that has a lot of ginger in it. I used Yumi brand but I am sure you can find a good one in a health food store or high quality store like Raleys. Its kind of strong and it doesn't taste the best but its worked like a charm to get through the first four weeks. good luck it won't be like this for long:):)

I am 2 weeks post and that is exactly how i felt from the moment i woke up from surgery up to a few days ago. I made so much research and many posts on the forum make it seem like the surgery is a walk in the park and it is actually harder than I thought. I am feeling MUCH better than last week when i used to tell myself WTF did i just get myself into.

Give it another week. Everyday is a working progress. I work two jobs and i am not used to being home. It is difficult because i'm going to sleep late, watching crappy TV and i start thinking too much. I stopped the pain meds because they make me feel like crap. Its difficult to find good food to puree and i can not stand Protein shakes, my chewable Vitamins are disgusting and so is my liquid Calcium.

Not to mention i got over emotional last weekend over absolutely nothing.

HOWEVER

I'm down almost 20lbs... (haven't checked since last week), i have to wear belts with my pants and someone noticed my weight loss which seriously caught me off guard.

It doesn't matter what method you use to lose weight it will always be a challenge. As someone who was in your shoes a few days ago i can tell you to hang in there that it is slowly getting better. Good Luck!!!

I know that I'm only a week out' date=' and I hope that I am one of the many who initially feel buyer's remorse and later come to love their sleeves, but right now I would give anything in the world to go back a week and decide not to have this surgery. I'm in constant pain that's made worse by walking, I can't stand one more sip of Protein shake, I will never be able to drink 64 oz of Water in a day, and I can't move without feeling stitches stabbing inside my gut.

I'm posting this because I'm a person who spent YEARS researching this and was totally convinced I knew what I was getting into and this is what I wanted. I know there's a lot of sunshine and rainbows on this forum (for which I am often grateful), but I want potential sleevers to know not everyone is thrilled with the outcome. I would take the 9 lbs I've lost and then some to undo this and try to lose weight any other way one more time :([/quote']

I didn't attempt Protein shakes until I was nearly a month out. My focus was on healing, getting in a reasonable amount of Protein daily, and staying hydrated. I only lost 15 pounds the first month but healed very well with little to no discomfort. Once I started shakes it was easy. I added a cup of nonfat milk and had it as two meals. The pounds have come off and I am down 45 pounds in 4 months. My surgeon never advised me to have shakes so early. Maybe just wait until you're a little further along and see if that helps. I hope you feel better soon.

I completely expect that you'll see a similar message from me in oh, late July or early August, saying "WTF did I do this time?" and wishing for a time machine to go back a week. You all have my full permission to giggle at me, as long as you also give me a virtual pat on the back and a virtual mug of tea and remind me that I KNOW this will pass, and it will be better.

I am almost a month out. I felt the same thing at about a week. It is so strange how so many of us felt like this. I am doing so much better now! Don't worry it will pass in about a week or 2. :)

I appreciate your honest post. Thank you.

VSG is not an easy road. Your body is fighting mad, no sugar, no overload of carbs, no caffine, weakness, recovery and more. Of course some have second thoughts.

Can I encourage you to hang in there? It might take a few months, but you will wake up one day and not regret this. Seriously.

OK time to suck it up, pull up your big girl pants, realize there is no goin back and start to move forward. Think positive do the right things and soon you'll be on your way to a happier healthier life.

Kinda like having a baby, I think almost every women says I will never do that again after the birth ah but how soon we forget the pain and discomfort and enjoy the fruits of our labor! Happy healing :)

I know exactly how you feel. Before surgery we are so excited that we tend not to pay much attention to the warning that we will feel this way. But I'm here to tell you that it will get better. I am 61 yrs old and had surgery 3/4. My life changed that day and for about 3 wks. I thought I had really messed up. The pain in my gut was horrible, I could hardly lift my arms because I was so exhausted , I couldn't get anything down,and I wanted to cry constantly. Then on day 26 everything turned around! The pain stopped just as if a switch was turned off and my body seem to settle into its own rhythm. And best of all I realized the I had lost 29 Lbs.. My suggestion to u is to just settle back and go with it even the bad , with the knowledge that soon u will be on the other side. Good luck

This is a pretty common feeling. You see a lot of these posts immediately post op but very, very few if any from people a few months out.

I told my dr. the next day that I couldn't believe I had done this to myself just to lose weight. I was hurting and mourning the loss of eating but I'm almost 2 years out and would do it again in a heartbeat! My highest weight was 248, 239 on day of surgery and I've been maintaining between 165 and 170 for a year now. I feel normal and can certainly drink just like before. Just hang in there and give it some time.

Dont feel bad about feeling like this or that you were foolish for making a mistake. Many of us have been there!! It gets better!! I eyed rolled at it when people told me but I'm just a week and a half farther than you and I feel so much more adjusted. Everything felt so isolating in the beginning. Your body will start to heal and that alone will help you tackle the eating. Hang in there !!

I am 3 weeks post op today and definitely had buyers remorse for the first 2 weeks. I was depressed, on the verge of tears and obsessing about all the things I wanted (ie food). Ivan tell u it does get better. Hang in there.

I know that I'm only a week out' date=' and I hope that I am one of the many who initially feel buyer's remorse and later come to love their sleeves, but right now I would give anything in the world to go back a week and decide not to have this surgery. I'm in constant pain that's made worse by walking, I can't stand one more sip of Protein Shake, I will never be able to drink 64 oz of Water in a day, and I can't move without feeling stitches stabbing inside my gut.

I'm posting this because I'm a person who spent YEARS researching this and was totally convinced I knew what I was getting into and this is what I wanted. I know there's a lot of sunshine and rainbows on this forum (for which I am often grateful), but I want potential sleevers to know not everyone is thrilled with the outcome. I would take the 9 lbs I've lost and then some to undo this and try to lose weight any other way one more time :([/quote']

I don't want to be discouraging, but it won't miraculously end at week 2. I am 6weeks out and I have days I wish I hadn't done this too! I hate being hungry every few hours and trying to find Protein to eat. Some days it's no big deal, but I still am having more days than I'd like that I regret not being able to eat!

You are not alone! I had remorse for about a week 2 months ago. I am 5 mos post-op. I went into depression and cried all the time. NOW I am happy with the decision, except now I am trying to GAIN weight! I average 600 calories a day and my doctors do no want me to loose anymore weight! This surgery is a roller coaster of emotions, stay strong and know that there are plenty of people here ready to support you! Good luck and hope you are feeling better soon.

Im 5 days post op and I sort of feel this way. I say sort of because its beginning to subside. I tend to adjust to situations pretty quickly and because I had already been mentally preparing myself for the idea that I'd essentially be starving myself for about a month, so I was as ready as one could be for self torture. I'd also been through 3 c-sections so I knew what the pain and recovery would be like..its actually been easier if I'm really comparing the two. I miss eating and with a husband and three children who I don't expect to eat all their meals out, cooking is like seeing an ex who broke up with you. You still want it even though he's no good for you :-) Overall though I am content with my decision. It was more than necessary and I see changes less than a week out. Being on here and youtube videos are a great way to stay motivated. I hope for you the best and all the greatest success. Happiness is only a few weeks away Im sure :-)