Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know that I'm only a week out, and I hope that I am one of the many who initially feel buyer's remorse and later come to love their sleeves, but right now I would give anything in the world to go back a week and decide not to have this surgery. I'm in constant pain that's made worse by walking, I can't stand one more sip of Protein Shake, I will never be able to drink 64 oz of Water in a day, and I can't move without feeling stitches stabbing inside my gut.

I'm posting this because I'm a person who spent YEARS researching this and was totally convinced I knew what I was getting into and this is what I wanted. I know there's a lot of sunshine and rainbows on this forum (for which I am often grateful), but I want potential sleevers to know not everyone is thrilled with the outcome. I would take the 9 lbs I've lost and then some to undo this and try to lose weight any other way one more time :(

I'm sorry that ur feeling this way. Buyers remorse is something that I experienced, in fact I think quite a few people have experienced it too. I hope u pass through the remorseful stage quickly and without too many tears. It gets better! Hang in there!

Thanks for posting this its good to see some negativity out of all the positive because I know this surgery isn't a walk in the park. I haven't had the surgery yet but I'm sure it will get better. I see a lot of people are depressed afterwards but as time goes by You get the hang of it. I have a huge stomach and I don't even get in 64oz of water..oppose lol

You are only one week out. This is a normal feeling for some in my opinion. I hope you feel better soon! It takes time to heal and I hope you feel differently once you are a month or two out! I was scared after my surgery, wondering what did I do. Worried about the what ifs. I think we have more of a risk for depression too( not that I am saying you are depressed) but we cannot rely on our old crutches in food that (I know for me) I went to when I was upset. Or we miss eating the holiday food and enjoying food in general. The further out I get, the better I feel! I also recently came across an article from the university of Pittsburgh about weight loss surgery patients and how exercise helps prevent depression. Fantastic article. Believe me I am not trying to put a label on how you feel. I only want to encourage you to trust in all the research you have done and continue with the support on here! I will keep you in my prayers. You set forth a plan and followed through with it, go a little further and re-evaluate how you feel again! For me, this is the best decision I have ever made when it comes to my health!! And my happiness!! Good luck to you!

I don't know if I feel super sad for you or want to chuckle! "Welcome to the week out what the f**k did I do to myself this time" club

What you are feeling is so normal major surgery is not easy! I know some say well "I was up and back to work in one day"! Not true for everyone!

The Protein Shakes are not negotiable though just know they are "medicine" your body needs!

Oh and most importantly save this thread so you can reread it in a couple of weeks when your feeling good, for a good chuckle :)

Take care,

Laura

Things will get better. Just hang in there and stay with the plan. I'm sure many many people had second thoughts while healing after surgery. I'm 12 weeks out this Wednesday and wouldn't go back and undo this even if I could. That doesn't mean a part of me isn't sad that I am forever changed. I don't enjoy food the same anymore and of course that's to be expected. Yet I didn't expect it. That fairy tale of being able to enjoy most of the same foods just in smaller amounts just isn't true in my case. At least not yet. This whole process is about growing and evolving into a new person. A healthier person. You know what they say- keep your eye on the prize. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Laura you are awesome! You guys had me rolling on the "suing" post! I enjoy reading your advice and comments on here!

I am so sorry to hear your story,and hope it gets better for you,My story is much differnt.I went in on the Jan 22 to get a bypass and when the Dr, went in i had so much scar tissue when tey went in and My Dr. decided not to do the surgery because it was a high risk for my health,so when i woke up in recovery and heard the nurses talking saying i did not have the surgery i thought i was dreaming,i could not even imagine not having the surgeri woke up in pain holes in my stomach and still fat and hurt,when my Doctor came in to tell me it hurted him to give me the news,Ans how do i feel about getting the sleeve,what he did not know i did a lot of praying that night so i had my answer from God i was already in the hosp,already had pain and the holes in my stomach,so i decided to go foward and it turn out to be a blessing,after two knee replacments,a dics in my back,i can say i', grateful to even have the surgery,i strted out at 264 and i'm, 210.taken off of high blood pressure medication,feeling so much better,bck do not hurt anymore.every pain,everything i been through it was worth it,and i will do it all over again to become healthy,yes it was hard but it gets better day by day,so i'm thankful to a second chance to get healthy,and i've tried everything else and it didn't work but this did :)

I know that I'm only a week out' date=' and I hope that I am one of the many who initially feel buyer's remorse and later come to love their sleeves, but right now I would give anything in the world to go back a week and decide not to have this surgery. I'm in constant pain that's made worse by walking, I can't stand one more sip of Protein shake, I will never be able to drink 64 oz of Water in a day, and I can't move without feeling stitches stabbing inside my gut.

I'm posting this because I'm a person who spent YEARS researching this and was totally convinced I knew what I was getting into and this is what I wanted. I know there's a lot of sunshine and rainbows on this forum (for which I am often grateful), but I want potential sleevers to know not everyone is thrilled with the outcome. I would take the 9 lbs I've lost and then some to undo this and try to lose weight any other way one more time :([/quote']

I guarantee you that when you read this in a couple of months its gonna make you giggle. I felt the exact same way 18 months ago. The feeling will go away when you're able to eat more foods, get adjusted to the lifestyle, and you see yourself getting smaller. Just hang in there. It's just the beginning. :)

Sorry about the mispelled words i was typing fast..

I promise it will get better. At your stage, I was saying what Laura was saying, I think a lot of us do. Just have patience you will do great.. Good Luck..

Thank you so much for the support, you guys are great :) I hope you're all right, and my head thinks you probably are; it's just my stupid body and emotions that aren't going with the flow right now. I will hang on to this post, and I really hope I can look back on it with a smile. I think I'll still be glad in any case that I have a record of this feeling for anyone who thinks this is the "easy" road!!! *group hug, but mind the incisions!*

I bet that you are going to be an awesome resource for future sleevers on here! Good luck to you!

You are SO not alone! You are right. There are a lot of positive posts, but the truth is the majority of us feel like we went through hell. I am only 4 months post-op & I remember very clearly what it was like. From the moment I woke up in the recovery room I was like, "What did I do to myself?" I didn't even have the benefit of a pain med pump like most do. I just had one small drip bag & if I needed more I had to get horribly painful injections in my upper arm.

My surgeon's diet requirements were clear liquid only for 1 whole week post-op & then adding 3 shakes a day for 2 more weeks! I couldn't even have soft, mushy food until the start of my 4th week. My first week I couldn't even sip Water the way they tell you too. My boyfriend would use the food processor to grind ice chips for me to suck on just to get liquid in. I couldn't sleep actually lying down flat for about a full 4 weeks.

Everything was horrible and I had so many questions. I remember laying on my couch crying thinking if I had just had enough will power I wouldn't have had to permanently mutilate my stomach. I was convinced that I had ruined my life. Then the inevitable came very early for me. I had a stall. I dropped a ton of weight weeks 1 & 2. Week 3 I was still on Water & 3 Protein shakes a day for a total of 300 calories & I didn't lose even one pound! Then week 4...no weight loss. Week 5...no weight loss. I was convinced that I had just lost the 30 lbs that I had managed to lose & regain over & over again in the past.

This website was my saving grace during that time. People said that it will get better. It did. People said my stall would end. It did.

I am now 4 months out & down 75 pounds. I went from a very tight size 32 to now a comfortable 24. I have too many non-scale victories to list such as fitting in a booth at a restaurant for the first time in over 2 years.

I am not going to lie to you. I still have hard days. I was pouting earlier tonight because my sleeve was hurting from snacking on too many raw vegetables! I wouldn't take it back for anything, though. In the end it is going to be so worth every big & little pain and drama we go through. I am still considered a newbie, but I have faith that I can follow this through to a healthy new life. So, can you & we are all here to help you anytime you need in any way we can. It REALLY IS going to get better. Just hang in there! I can't wait to see when you're 2,3,4 months out & encouraging people who will be right where you are right now!

I am sure you will feel differently in about a month, I totally felt the same way after surgery .I went so far as to tell the surgeon that whatever he did to me I wanted him to fix it and give me my stomach back!