Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else's world revolve around food?

I'm not a emotional eater but I freaking love food..I keep telling my self I can do this but I'm really not sure if I can. Watching my family, bf, friends eat fries,Chinese food...pasta..and me not being able to eat it will be torture. I have to keep reminding my self my stomach will be small so that will make it easier to not eat the carbs cause I won't have much room but still. How did you get through not being able to eat fatty foods?

Ashlie, it's going to be very hard, but you have to remind yourself why your doing it in the first place. It'll get easier and I hope that it will for you.

I was soooo ready for it! That's all I can suggest. I worried I'd never be happy without food. My world was full of food to where I had to completely reprogram my brain and rearrange my daily life. Enough was enough for me. By the time I was close to my pre-op diet I hated food so much I started my diet a few days early. From that time on I was done being fat.

You have to have a mind set that works with your new tool. There's no other au to do it. Think of your doc as the coach and he's taking you off the bench to play in the world of happy healthy weight. Get your mind in the game and play it right :D

It was very hard for me to stop eating the bad stuff, but weirdly a few months after surgery, and getting more into working out...I enjoy that more than I do with eating now. So I make sure I get all of my intake for the day calorie/protein wise and that is about it...yeah it was hard at the beginning..it is something you learn. Good luck with your journey!

I'm sick of being fat and I certainly don't want to die in my 20s I guess that's more important than Chinese food but damn! I'm going to miss it dearly...it also doesn't help that I'd rather have noodles and rice instead of meat...I also hate most veggies lol...I'm going to die ...the best thing I can do to my brain is make it hate food which I will if I can't have what I want lmao. Thank antiband and lady :)

It was very hard for me to stop eating the bad stuff, but weirdly a few months after surgery, and getting more into working out...I enjoy that more than I do with eating now. So I make sure I get all of my intake for the day calorie/protein wise and that is about it...yeah it was hard at the beginning..it is something you learn. Good luck with your journey!

dumb question but did you hate working out before? If so how did it change? I guess if I didn't huff and puff after a block of walking I wouldn't mind working out. Thanks !

Actually I really did hate working out before surgery. I started to like it more when I found a work out buddy, now it is more like hanging out...working out and chatting with a friend. It took me about a month before I started to like the gym at all...but after I realized how good it made me feel after working out I started to like it. And of course it is always awesome to see improvement in the gym as well. For example: When I first started the gym I could only do 5 mins on the elliptical, now I can easily do 30. Or like when I started I couldn't even do the stair master...it was too hard, now I am up to doing 10 mins on it every time I go :) So those types of things have given me motivation to keep going and to keep on my diet.

Actually I really did hate working out before surgery. I started to like it more when I found a work out buddy, now it is more like hanging out...working out and chatting with a friend. It took me about a month before I started to like the gym at all...but after I realized how good it made me feel after working out I started to like it. And of course it is always awesome to see improvement in the gym as well. For example: When I first started the gym I could only do 5 mins on the elliptical, now I can easily do 30. Or like when I started I couldn't even do the stair master...it was too hard, now I am up to doing 10 mins on it every time I go :) So those types of things have given me motivation to keep going and to keep on my diet.

right before I started to gain I was10 up till then I played lots of sports and gymnastics..I'm hoping that little girl who enjoyed being active is somewhere still in me lol I have become incredibly lazy and introverted...I'm sick of being shy and having zero friends and self confidence...I want to see what my adult body looks like! It sucks I have to give up the food I love most but It's going to be worth it..I hope :D

I know what you mean, I felt the same way...when I was a child I was in gymnastics and dance too..maybe that is why I love the gym so much now, because it is making me remember those things, being active....and I use to love it. And I also know what you mean about friends and confidence...mine has greatly improved, I hope the same for you :) If you want to chat or have questions feel free to send me a friend request, I am open to chatting anytime :)

My pre-op diet was simply to go without carbs for almost 2 months before surgery. THAT was really the hard part! I was a total carb addict - Pasta and bread were my dearest friends! When the doc said no carbs, I thought it would kill me, and that I'd never be able to survive without them. But after a month or so without the carbs, I started not to miss them as much - I really got into the swing of eating without them! Trust me - the first month was toruture. But then it got much easier. I got the sleeve 2 weeks ago. NO urge whatsover to eat those carbs at this point! I am rarely hungry, and really, I am just focusing on getting in my fluids, Proteins, and calories. food is not what it used to be for me. There are still moments when I see people eating pizza or other things and I'd like to have a bite, but it is not NEARLY as tempting as it was - I am already feeling much better about things.

I'm not a emotional eater but I freaking love food..I keep telling my self I can do this but I'm really not sure if I can. Watching my family' date=' bf, friends eat fries,Chinese food...pasta..and me not being able to eat it will be torture. I have to keep reminding my self my stomach will be small so that will make it easier to not eat the carbs cause I won't have much room but still. How did you get through not being able to eat fatty foods?[/quote']

I think all of us in some form are addicted to food, whether it is sweet or salty! The doctors are going to fix our stomachs but most people that have been sleeved (I haven't yet 4-18-13) say that the Head Hunger is the hardest!!! Your stomach will feel full but your mind will want MORE FOOD!!!! Good Luck!!! You can do it!!!

I feel like I am reading my own words! It's comforting to be able to talk to people who can relate. I really dig this site. :)

I like working out also, I have met some awesome people and I look forward to finding more people to work out with as I get smaller. It truly becomes a fun clique.