Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

And so is mine! A fine, fine man.

We must be talking about the same man! Because you and I both know, that only our Guy is Hot!!! He's one fine piece of male specimen!

(is it getting hot in here or is it just me?)

So... not to interrupt all the GUY talk, I need some advise.

I am starting to lose quite a bit of hair, and my fingernails are literally falling apart. Do I need to buy Biotin? or just eat more Protein? will special Shampoo help at all? I have only lost 25lbs and can't believe that all this is happening already.

We must be talking about the same man! Because you and I both know, that only our Guy is Hot!!! He's one fine piece of male specimen!

No, not just you.

I am starting to lose quite a bit of hair, and my fingernails are literally falling apart. Do I need to buy Biotin? or just eat more Protein? will special Shampoo help at all? I have only lost 25lbs and can't believe that all this is happening already.

Geez, Marie! We're talkin' about hot guys here!!! -joke-

Wow, that's awful! I don't know what you do for that. How much protein are you getting? I know I've seen threads about Hair loss on here, but I don't remember what they suggest. Crud.

I wonder if the stress has something to do with it too? I lose hair when I'm going through a lot of stress.

Lotza: I started using Biotin a couple of months ago and bought Nioxinn shampoo and scalp treatment. I thought that if I got a good "head" start, I would not lose any hair....but guess what?? I am starting to lose hair. So I am not sure how much those things help. Maybe it won't be as severe. My nails aren't so bad though.

Marie,

I can't remember when you had your surgery, but it's common at the 4 month mark to lose hair. How much protein are you getting each day? I log my food in at www.fitday.com so keep track of my protein intake. My hair and nails are better than before surgery, but I also lost a lot around the 4 month mark. I have all this baby hair around my hair line from the hair that is growing back.

I get about 80grams of protein a day and sometimes more.

I also take Biotin. But I truly think it's the protein intake that makes the biggest difference.

Well, I'm down to two pair of pants, so I went to Old Navy today and bought a pair of cords and some jeans in a size 16!! Of course, Old Navy pants run really big, but I was so happy to fit into a pair of cute pants that weren't from a jumbo sized store. So I bought a cute, flirty shirt as well. I"m trying not to buy new clothes, but I just wanted something to wear that wasn't all baggy and such. YAY for my band!!!

I need to adjust my loss for the challenge. I went back in the threads and realized my starting weight was 246. I thought it was higher. So my final weight loss was 24 pounds. I was one pound short of my goal, but that's ok. I am happy with my progress.
Okay, here are some updated totals. Bella, I adjusted this weeks weight loss to bring your total loss to -24. Brandy, I set yours at a total of -7 last week, so when you update this week I can put your total. Dee, I had you down for 0 last week, but let me know if that was wrong.

Well, I only lost 7 lbs for the entire challenge. That kinda' sucks, but I had a pretty good week this week so I'm hoping that I'm past my plateau. Fingers crossed.

Adorkable Goal: 15/wk1: +5/wk2:-5/wk3: -1/wk4:-1/wk5:-0/wk6:?/wk7:?/wk8?/Total?

Bahotmomma Goal: 17/ wk 1:-1/wk2:?/wk3:+4/wk4:-4/wk5:-3/wk6:-2/wk7:-1/wk8:?/total:?

BellaPerdente Goal: 25/wk1:0/wk2:-7/wk3:-2/wk4:-7/wk5:-1/wk6:-2/wk7:-4/wk8:-6/Total:-29:hurray:

Bookholder Goal: 15/wk 1: +1:laugh:

Brandymom Goal: 20/ wk1:-3.5/wk2:-0/wk7:-3.5/wk8:?/Total:?

Deboregon Goal: 15/ wk 1:-1.4/wk2:+1.2/wk3:-3/wk4:-2.2/wk5:-3/wk6:=.2/wk7:-2/wk8:?/Total:?

DenverGirl Goal: 8/ wk1:-2/wk2:0/wk3:+2/wk4:-2:thumbup:

Greenchrysalis Goal: 15/ wk 1: -2 :tt1:

Lifesaver Goal: 15/wk1:+1/wk2:-3/wk3:-1:smile2:

Lotzasunshine Goal: 20/wk1:-2/wk2:0/wk3:-.5/wk4:-1.5/wk5:-1.5/wk6:-2/wk7:-.5/wk8:-.5/Total:8

Marcyinak Goal: 16/wk 1:-4/wk2:-0/wk3:-.5/wk6:-0/wk7:0/wk8:?/Total:?

Minidriver Goal: 16/wk1:-0/wk2:-2.4/wk3:-.8/wk4:-1/wk5:-0/wk6:-1.1/wk7:+1/wk8:-2.7/Total:-7:hurray:

Munchkin Goal: 15/wk1:+1/wk2:-3/wk3:-2/wk4:-2/wk5:?/wk6:-1/wk7:-0/wk8:?/Total:?

PrtyAntOvrYt Goal: 28/wk1:+.8/wk2:-.8/wk3:-3.2/wk4:-1.8/wk5:-2.4/wk6:0/wk7:0/wk8:-5.4/Total:-13.2:hurray:

ShelbiCallie Goal: 22/wk1:0/wk2:0biggrin.gif

Sidann Goal: 19/wk 1: -2:laugh:

Mini: I am not sure that numbers are correct (definitely not ur issue but mine) What I need to know is the date we started this challenge as I remember it was at an obtuse time.....not the first of the month or anything....this week is -3 lbs. for me, but I don't remember when we started to check if I hit my goal.

It is hot if ur guy is from Illinois; otherwise, it must be a hotflash.

Mini: I am not sure that numbers are correct (definitely not ur issue but mine) What I need to know is the date we started this challenge as I remember it was at an obtuse time.....not the first of the month or anything....this week is -3 lbs. for me, but I don't remember when we started to check if I hit my goal.

Well, our starting weight was on Sept 5th, and our first weigh in where we reported our losses was on Sept 12th.

As for that hot flash issue . . . Let's just say that MY guy is hot even if you're WAY pre-menopause.

Hey Deb,

Let's just say, he's from the midwest and he can eat crackers in my bed anytime! Of course, I'd invite his wife and kids too! We could have a cracker eating party.

Hi, Westfield Massachusetts. 12,500 dollars. Doctors Haag and Fiallo of Pioneer Valley Surgical Associates (Pioneer Valley Surgical Associates, P. C.) offer gastric banding surgery with 1 year of fills for 12,500 dollars. They are great. Doctor Haag brought banding surgery to western Massachusetts. Great office staff always availalable.

Is anyone interested in doing a new challenge? Perhaps we could do a Christmas/Holiday challenge and have it end on December 25th. It is 7 weeks from this coming Thursday. We could do our first weigh in on November 6th.

No weights, just losses or gains. I think Mini did a great job keeping up with the totals.

Think about it Peeps and let me know! Mini are you interested in continuing as organizer? We can share the job if you want.

How much Protein are you getting?

I wonder if the stress has something to do with it too? I lose hair when I'm going through a lot of stress.

Lotza: I started using Biotin a couple of months ago and bought Nioxinn Shampoo and scalp treatment. I thought that if I got a good "head" start, I would not lose any hair....but guess what?? I am starting to lose hair. So I am not sure how much those things help. Maybe it won't be as severe. My nails aren't so bad though.
Marie,

I can't remember when you had your surgery, but it's common at the 4 month mark to lose hair. How much protein are you getting each day? I log my food in at www.fitday.com so keep track of my protein intake. My hair and nails are better than before surgery, but I also lost a lot around the 4 month mark. I have all this baby hair around my hair line from the hair that is growing back.

I get about 80grams of protein a day and sometimes more.

I also take Biotin. But I truly think it's the protein intake that makes the biggest difference.

I guess I will try to up my protein to 80 a day then. Didn't Dr. K say between 30-60? Maybe that was just a number I had in my head. I need to try harder with protein, I have bought some slim fast high Protein Bars to help there. They have 15g each. and with 2 shakes a day that brings me up. I guess I just need to try harder. I bought some biotin too, can't hurt I guess. Thanks for the advice guys!! Nice to know that it is normal around 4 months anyway.

Is anyone interested in doing a new challenge? Perhaps we could do a Christmas/Holiday challenge and have it end on December 25th. It is 7 weeks from this coming Thursday. We could do our first weigh in on November 6th.

No weights, just losses or gains. I think Mini did a great job keeping up with the totals.

Think about it Peeps and let me know! Mini are you interested in continuing as organizer? We can share the job if you want.

Great idea, count me in! I'm being banded on Nov 5th so this challenge will coincide with my first 7 weeks with the band! :) Do you think I'll be up and down with my weightloss in the first 2 months?

Sure, I'm game. Hopefully I'll be a bit more successful this time!!
I guess I will try to up my Protein to 80 a day then. Didn't Dr. K say between 30-60? Maybe that was just a number I had in my head. I need to try harder with protein, I have bought some slim fast high protein bars to help there. They have 15g each. and with 2 shakes a day that brings me up. I guess I just need to try harder. I bought some Biotin too, can't hurt I guess. Thanks for the advice guys!! Nice to know that it is normal around 4 months anyway.
I can't remember what Dr. K. said but I try to stay between 60 & 80. I just feel better when I eat a lot of protein, and so far I haven't had any trouble with Hair loss (knock on wood).
Great idea, count me in! I'm being banded on Nov 5th so this challenge will coincide with my first 7 weeks with the band! :) Do you think I'll be up and down with my weightloss in the first 2 months?
Well, the first month is kinda weird, the second month is better (if you've had a fill), but you might as well join in! You're so close . . . are you nervous? I remember the week before my surgery I was a nervous wreck!