Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hi all,

Adork, dont feel bad, I have had the munchies for a couple of days and I hate it. It gives me a glimpse of my old self. I don't want to see that person EVER again!!! Just keep thinking about that. I love eating like a normal person. I love feeling normal and not like a "pig". After I had my little eating "binge" tonight. I did my Leslie Sansone Power walk. It made me feel a little better for my bad choices. I always tell myself that if I keep eating the wrong foods and eating too many Snacks, then my bad habits will start creeping back to me and our good habits will take a back seat. WE MUST STAY STRONG. We have been through to much to let "food" ruin all our hard work.

Thanks... I am trying. I think I have let some old habits creep in, and now that I am working 2 jobs I feel more pressed for time and eating right and exercising is so damn time consuming! lol.
Hi All: I went shopping a couple of days ago and was able to fit into a 1x top and size 22 bottom:thumbup: I think my stomach will be hard to shrink without surgery.

If anyone has any clothes in these sizes they don't wear anymore, let me know.

I have sizes 24 and 26-28, if anyone is interested.

AWESOME! WTG on the new clothes size! I would love some hand me downs. I am currently wearing 24, 26 & 28's. Let me know how much you think shipping would be and I will send it out to you.

My problem now is a good winter coat. My last one was a 5xl! I got a 2xl at Steve and Barry's for $7.99, but it's lightweight and won't do the work for heavy Colorado winters. I hate to spend money on a coat for just one winter!

What size winter coat do you need? I have some from when I was smaller and living in WI... I dont need them in AZ for the most part. lol. I can dig through my tub, I think I have a nice powder blue down one and possible a down white coat. I will check when I get home.

Edited by adorKable

Thanks... I am trying. I think I have let some old habits creep in, and now that I am working 2 jobs I feel more pressed for time and eating right and exercising is so damn time consuming! lol.

AWESOME! WTG on the new clothes size! I would love some hand me downs. I am currently wearing 24, 26 & 28's. Let me know how much you think shipping would be and I will send it out to you.

What size winter coat do you need? I have some from when I was smaller and living in WI... I dont need them in AZ for the most part. lol. I can dig through my tub, I think I have a nice powder blue down one and possible a down white coat. I will check when I get home.

Oh Dorkable, that would be so nice! I'll pay you for shipping and handling. I need a 2XL. If you don't have one, that's okay. I can lay with my 5XL, no one really cares what you look like while you're walking through the parking lot anyway. Right?

I know about allowing old habits to creep back in. I am doing the BFL and on one day a week you can eat what you want. Well, that is not what I needed. Once I returned to some of my old faves, I have had a hard time getting back on track. I think I'm not one that can deviate even for a day. It took me about a week to get back on track and now I am not going to have the free-eat-whatever-you-want day again! I made myself return to my pre-op diet for 3 days just to get me back in the mind set of being good! Tomorrow I'll go back to the BFL eating. They allow good carbs.

I guess, I will always be a food addict. That's my cross to bear. I need to recognize and admit it and hope that over time - my old habits will be replaced with good ones.

I'm with you Girlie!

Oh Dorkable, that would be so nice! I'll pay you for shipping and handling. I need a 2XL. If you don't have one, that's okay. I can lay with my 5XL, no one really cares what you look like while you're walking through the parking lot anyway. Right?
I will check when I get home from work (2am) lol. so I will get back to you on it tomorrow. I am pretty sure I have a 2XL in there. =)
I know about allowing old habits to creep back in. I am doing the BFL and on one day a week you can eat what you want. Well, that is not what I needed. Once I returned to some of my old faves, I have had a hard time getting back on track. I think I'm not one that can deviate even for a day. It took me about a week to get back on track and now I am not going to have the free-eat-whatever-you-want day again! I made myself return to my pre-op diet for 3 days just to get me back in the mind set of being good! Tomorrow I'll go back to the BFL eating. They allow good carbs.

I guess, I will always be a food addict. That's my cross to bear. I need to recognize and admit it and hope that over time - my old habits will be replaced with good ones.

I'm with you Girlie!

Dee I am with you there too. I think these past two weeks have been so frustrating because I slipped up a little and it was like the flood gates opened. I thought I had slayed these demons but truth is they are always lying there in wait. :thumbup:

I have re-adjusted my Halloween goal, and made some new personal goals that will hopefully get me back on track. Halloween candy in comm here is what has really de-railed me. Way too many mini Snickers and Milkyways. Then I just HAD to try the Ben & Jerry's Cake Batter ice cream and that got me all fixated on freaking ice cream again. :smile2: Unfortunately for me, my vices are not stopped by the band. :)

The silver lining in all of this is I am AWARE of what is going on. I am maintaining my weight or bopping up then back down. Previously I would have just keep going, not paying attnetion, and packing it all back on. I need to hold onto that silver lining. That is keeping me sane! lol. :lol: :w00t:

I've been reading other posts on another WLS board for banders and there is a doctor here in Denver who requires a 48 hour clear liquid pre-op diet. Clear liquids, no Protein, no sugar, broths, sf popsicles, sf kool-aide, no herbal teas. Period, end of story! The girl on the diet is dying. She's vomiting and has the worst headache.

I just thought how lucky we are to have a doctor who - makes sense.

No offense to anyone else who might read this and had to do that type of pre-op diet, BUT I just think putting a WLS patient on a diet like that is just setting them up for failure, self-defeating thought process, a pre-op weakened physical state and torture.

Oh boy, I feel so fortunate now!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

I've been reading other posts on another WLS board for banders and there is a doctor here in Denver who requires a 48 hour clear liquid pre-op diet. Clear Liquids, no Protein, no sugar, broths, sf popsicles, sf kool-aide, no herbal teas. Period, end of story! The girl on the diet is dying. She's vomiting and has the worst headache.

I just thought how lucky we are to have a doctor who - makes sense.

No offense to anyone else who might read this and had to do that type of pre-op diet, BUT I just think putting a WLS patient on a diet like that is just setting them up for failure, self-defeating thought process, a pre-op weakened physical state and torture.

Oh boy, I feel so fortunate now!

oooo, that would be awful! I can't imagine!

PS- I tried on my coat last night and I think I'm just going to try to get by with it this winter. It's not horribly big on me . . . wish it was!! Is it snowing there yet? It's been spitting snow off and on since yesterday and it's really cold, but nothing accumulating on the ground yet . . .

oooo, that would be awful! I can't imagine!

PS- I tried on my coat last night and I think I'm just going to try to get by with it this winter. It's not horribly big on me . . . wish it was!! Is it snowing there yet? It's been spitting snow off and on since yesterday and it's really cold, but nothing accumulating on the ground yet . . .

I'm sad that you have to wear your coat from last year. I know how you wish it was too big and then you could donate it to a fluffier girl. Next year Darling - when you're MicroMinidriver!!

I'm sad that you have to wear your coat from last year. I know how you wish it was too big and then you could donate it to a fluffier girl. Next year Darling - when you're MicroMinidriver!!

:crying::lol::eek::lol::mellow:

Brandy!

Girl!! Where are you? I have been missing you for a long time! Not a word, not even a drive by post in over 2 weeks.

If you're lurking, PM me... just to let me know you're okay.

We miss you Lady!

We love you Missy!

Come back and be with us!:) WE need you! And if you need us, we are here!

Please.

Love, :)

dee~:seeya:

Brandy!

Girl!! Where are you? I have been missing you for a long time! Not a word, not even a drive by post in over 2 weeks.

We miss you Lady!

We love you Missy!

Please.

I second that!! We miss you!

Brandy!

We miss you Lady!

We love you Missy!

Please.

I second that!! We miss you!

Just thought I would let you know that Brandy is fine just been really busy. I have talked to her though and she is doing well.

Just thought I would let you know that Brandy is fine just been really busy. I have talked to her though and she is doing well.

Oh yay! Thanks for letting us know.

ok, sorry I haven't posted for a few days.

Mini~ I was down 1.5 on friday.

My Dad is doing well after his surgery. The Dr was able to remove the tumor, and they sent it for tests. The first tests that came back right after showed some malignant cells.They are going to be checking the rest of his body for tumors, and he will probably need some cancer treatment even if they find nothing. It has been a really hard weekend. But miracles keep happening along the way. First, a young Dr ordered an MRI instead of a cat scan(the regular dr said they would have missed it on a CAT scan). Then the Dr was able to pull a few strings and had the surgeon(a friend of his) look at the MRI results on his lunch break. Then the surgeon went out of his way to come in on a Saturday to remove the tumor. After the surgery the surgeon told us that if Dad hadn't gone to the clinic to get his 2 week headache checked out the he could have fallen asleep, slipped into a coma, and died withing hours of falling asleep.

He has bounced right back after surgery. He woke up great, and was out in time to watch the BYU football game that he didn't want to miss. Yesterday he scared the ICU nurses by getting out of bed and walking around. My dad goes crazy if he can't work, so my mom is bringing him his laptop today. They should be moving him to a regular room today.

Also, some other good news is that My SIL had her baby and I now have another nephew!! YAY!!

As you can see I am really trying to keep a positive attitude and get thru the next few days. Love you guys!!

ok, sorry I haven't posted for a few days.

Mini~ I was down 1.5 on friday.

My Dad is doing well after his surgery. The Dr was able to remove the tumor, and they sent it for tests. The first tests that came back right after showed some malignant cells.They are going to be checking the rest of his body for tumors, and he will probably need some cancer treatment even if they find nothing. It has been a really hard weekend. But miracles keep happening along the way. First, a young Dr ordered an MRI instead of a cat scan(the regular dr said they would have missed it on a CAT scan). Then the Dr was able to pull a few strings and had the surgeon(a friend of his) look at the MRI results on his lunch break. Then the surgeon went out of his way to come in on a Saturday to remove the tumor. After the surgery the surgeon told us that if Dad hadn't gone to the clinic to get his 2 week headache checked out the he could have fallen asleep, slipped into a coma, and died withing hours of falling asleep.

He has bounced right back after surgery. He woke up great, and was out in time to watch the BYU football game that he didn't want to miss. Yesterday he scared the ICU nurses by getting out of bed and walking around. My dad goes crazy if he can't work, so my mom is bringing him his laptop today. They should be moving him to a regular room today.

Also, some other good news is that My SIL had her baby and I now have another nephew!! YAY!!

As you can see I am really trying to keep a positive attitude and get thru the next few days. Love you guys!!

Oh, Marie. Thanks for checking in and letting us know. I was thinking about you last night and wondering what was happening.

It sounds like things are going as well as could be hoped for at this point. That is an amazing string of fortunate happenings. Hopefully they will continue!!! That's so funny that he woke up to watch the game. ahhh, the healing power of football!

Congrats on the new nephew. We love you too. Please let us know if we can help.

Updated weight loss:

Adorkable Goal: 15/wk1: +5/wk2:-5/wk3: -1/wk4:-1/wk5:-0:tongue:

Bahotmomma Goal: 17/ wk 1:-1/wk2:?/wk3:+4/wk4:-4/wk5:-3:tongue:

BellaPerdente Goal: 25/wk1:0/wk2:-7/wk3:-2/wk4:-7/wk5:-1:tongue:

Bookholder Goal: 15/wk 1: +1:laugh:

Brandymom Goal: 20/ wk1:-3.5/wk2:-0biggrin.gif

Deboregon Goal: 15/ wk 1:-1.4/wk2:+1.2/wk3:-3/wk4:-2.2:thumbup:

DenverGirl Goal: 8/ wk1:-2/wk2:0/wk3:+2/wk4:-2:thumbup:

Greenchrysalis Goal: 15/ wk 1: -2 :laugh:

Lifesaver Goal: 15/wk1:+1/wk2:-3/wk3:-1:smile2:

Lotzasunshine Goal: 20/wk1:-2/wk2:0/wk3:-.5/wk4:-1.5/wk5:-1.5:tongue:

Marcyinak Goal: 16/wk 1:-4/wk2:-0/wk3:-.5:rolleyes2:

Minidriver Goal: 16/wk1:-0/wk2:-2.4/wk3:-.8/wk4:-1/wk5:-0:tongue:

Munchkin Goal: 15/wk1:+1/wk2:-3/wk3:-2/wk4:-2:thumbup:

PrtyAntOvrYt Goal: 28/wk1:+.8/wk2:-.8/wk3:-3.2/wk4:-1.8/wk5:-2.4:tongue:

ShelbiCallie Goal: 22/wk1:0/wk2:0biggrin.gif

Sidann Goal: 19/wk 1: -2:laugh:

As always, if I missed you, let me know!!!

Edited by minidriver
adding hotmamma's loss

Marie, So glad to hear your Dad is doing well. Sending warm wishes your way. Keep taking good care of him and your whole family, that will make it a little easier if you stay well rested.

Mini,

Put me down for -3 lbs. Yeah this fill is working again.

We go to Cancun on Saturday I can't wait...I need a vacation so bad.