Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Another bit of hopefully good news-the humane society that I got Brutus and Jake from emailed me to check on the whole "situation". I told them about running into the animal control officer and how she told me to get a foster license, but that it needs to be under the umbrella of a shelter or rescue, so she was going to check with the director and see if they could get me a foster license through them. That would rock.

Hey Munchkin~That is good news that you were able to talk with your neighbor. I was really worried about how anyone can be so evil. I hope things settle down now and that most of it was misunderstandings. Now it will be nice to have them there to watch over you if your ex comes around to start trouble. I wish you well.

Keep us posted on what happens with the dogs. I have a good feeling that eveything wil work out.

Hey Munchie, I'm so happy to hear that you talked to your neighbor. Maybe some of the awfulness that has been going on will settle down. And it will be nice to have him watching out for you in case psycho ex shows up.

The dog situation is sounding more positive as well.

Mal - your dream was awesome. Thanking Dr K and the lapband ladies is so cool. Love it.

SID!!! Nice to hear from you! I was wondering where you were! Stop by more often for a chat!

Jaime, how is your toe?

Jaime, how is your toe?

Getting better! Not nearly as bruised as it was, and I can bend it a little more each day. But I'm still wearing that tacky boot. :wub:

Getting better! Not nearly as bruised as it was, and I can bend it a little more each day. But I'm still wearing that tacky boot. :wub:

sexy.:wub:

So I've got this super-fabulous idea. Here it goes:

There are obviously quite a few of us Dr. K Bandsters that live in CO. It looks like several of you actually did the same 5K race together last weekend, whether or not you actually met up with each other.

My suggestion is that we plan ahead, maybe a year out at least, and we all try our best to get to CO and do a 5K together. Shoot, we could even pair the 5K with that "LBT Spa Weekend" that was mentioned a few weeks ago. I'd love to take a trip to CO and meet all you fabulous ladies, go to the Spa, walk/run a 5K, etc. Just meeting and getting to know you all in person would be enough for me.

What do you say? Should we get an email group going so we can organize an LBT Spa/5K Weekend sometime next year???

Count me in! Sounds like fun. Let's do a smaller 5K though, I don't want to be in 62,000 people. Isn't the turkey trot a 5K? Anybody up for that?

Well, when I was leaving to go run errands today the neighbor was outside and actually nodded and waved to me. I took the opportunity to go talk to him and basically ask what their issue is with me. He told me his issue was never with me, that it was always with my husband. I said "But my husband has been gone since February, so why do you keep bothering me?" And he said, much to my surprise that he thought I was still seeing Shawn because he sees him driving around and saw him go up to my front door last week.

He walked me back over to my garage and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek so hopefully things will settle down now. Sigh.

Munch, what a big relief! I sure hope this happy talk continues with your neighbor.

Well nurses here, I had my Pacu day of shadowing. I think it went pretty well, I pitched in and helped when I could, asked appropriate questions, etc., but at the end of the day, the manager said he wasn't sure he could take on someone right now with no pacu experience. ;(

I'm hoping the staff I spent time with today put in a good word for me.

ok, so i'm always on the lookout for low carb recipes, because i usually try to restrict carbs, at least over the last few years. i found a recipe for low carb meatloaf, and i was stoked because the only real carbs in it would be from the can of Tomato sauce, which really is only about 20g carbs for the whole can. the recipe called for crushed/crumbs of Pork rinds instead of bread crumbs. it also called for a pound each of lean beef and pork. so...last night i cooked it.

:D

the pork would naturally make the meatloaf a little greasier (which i expected), but the pork rinds just pushed the envelope of greasiness. yuck! i sucked all the grease away from the edges of the loaf pan, flipped it over onto a plate, and the darn thing fell apart. it wasn't even cooked in the center, after being in the oven an hour!

so, back into the loaf pan, back into the oven at a higher temp, and cooked for another 25mins. came out just as greasy, yet again, and by this time i had no appetite. absolutely disgusting. seriously.

looks like low carb meatloaf will NOT be on my list once i'm banded.

how many of you do the low carb lifestyle with the band? i'm seriously considering it - sans pork rind meatloaf of course. :sad_smile:

ok, so i'm always on the lookout for low carb recipes, because i usually try to restrict carbs, at least over the last few years. i found a recipe for low carb meatloaf, and i was stoked because the only real carbs in it would be from the can of Tomato sauce, which really is only about 20g carbs for the whole can. the recipe called for crushed/crumbs of Pork rinds instead of bread crumbs. it also called for a pound each of lean beef and pork. so...last night i cooked it.

:D

the pork would naturally make the meatloaf a little greasier (which i expected), but the pork rinds just pushed the envelope of greasiness. yuck! i sucked all the grease away from the edges of the loaf pan, flipped it over onto a plate, and the darn thing fell apart. it wasn't even cooked in the center, after being in the oven an hour!

so, back into the loaf pan, back into the oven at a higher temp, and cooked for another 25mins. came out just as greasy, yet again, and by this time i had no appetite. absolutely disgusting. seriously.

looks like low carb meatloaf will NOT be on my list once i'm banded.

how many of you do the low carb lifestyle with the band? i'm seriously considering it - sans pork rind meatloaf of course. :sad_smile:

I am . . . because I have blood sugar problems. I can't eat more than about 50 g of carbs per day. I primarily eat meat and vegetables.

Another bit of hopefully good news-the humane society that I got Brutus and Jake from emailed me to check on the whole "situation". I told them about running into the animal control officer and how she told me to get a foster license, but that it needs to be under the umbrella of a shelter or rescue, so she was going to check with the director and see if they could get me a foster license through them. That would rock.

Sounds as if things are looking up! Does it make u wonder if it might have been your x that called animal control? Hmmmm..

Sounds as if things are looking up! Does it make u wonder if it might have been your x that called animal control? Hmmmm..

Yes, it does make me wonder. I called the lawyer today and I finally have a hearing date set for my divorce at the beginning of Nov. Not soon enough.

Munch, Just a quick note, I heard a Dave Matthews song today and thought of you. I have never really heard them before and I know you always talk abt how great they are...well I agree.

Well nurses here, I had my Pacu day of shadowing. I think it went pretty well, I pitched in and helped when I could, asked appropriate questions, etc., but at the end of the day, the manager said he wasn't sure he could take on someone right now with no pacu experience. ;(

I'm hoping the staff I spent time with today put in a good word for me.

So when will they let you know about the job?

Hey Jaime,

I'm off on the 28th of November and the 12th of December. You could ask Dr. K if he would be willing to do a fill on the 28th. I know some get fills at weeks post op, but I'm not sure what his opinion is.

Maybe someone else has the 5th off. I am really sorry! But I am all yours on the 28th or the 12th.

hugs,

dee

(I'll have to catch up on everyone later. I'm in a hurry tonight)

Hey Jaime,

I'm off on the 28th of November and the 12th of December. You could ask Dr. K if he would be willing to do a fill on the 28th. I know some get fills at weeks post op, but I'm not sure what his opinion is.

Maybe someone else has the 5th off. I am really sorry! But I am all yours on the 28th or the 12th.

hugs,

dee

(I'll have to catch up on everyone later. I'm in a hurry tonight)

Will the 12th be OK? The 28th is the week of Thanksgiving so I can't do that, seeing as how I'm cooking a huge family meal on Thursday the 27th, haha. Let me know if the 12th will work for you and I'll book flights tomorrow, as well as make the appt with Dr. K. You are such a sweetheart Dee!!! :eek: