Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

susanGKomen10-5-08001-1.jpg

Drive by...

I DID IT!!! I ran my first 5k, not 100 percent sure about the time, but somewhere like 30-35 minutes. I cried like a baby crossing the finish line and couldn't stop running, just kept going like Forest Gump...LOL

Oh yeah, the date on my camera was not set!

susanGKomen10-5-08003.jpg

Aww Mal...that's awesome. And kind of made me teary eyed too!! I am so proud of you and happy for you! (Love your Forrest Gump comment...I got a visual of "Run, Mal, Run!!" in a Forrest twang!)

My mom scared me away from getting a tattoo this weekend. She said if, by some small chance, I were to get an infection, then I probably wouldn't be able to have my surgery - even if it was just a small infection on my ankle. Whether or not there's any truth to it, it definitely scared me straight and made me reconsider. Mom says when I reach my goal weight (whenever that is) we'll go together - me for an ankle tat and her for a belly ring. :)

If you're anything like me, blonde moments are a regular part of your day! :thumbup:

WTG Dee!! CONGRATS!!! You and your daughter are just beautiful, and look so happy!!

Fluffy Folks! I love it :eek:

I call those "Obligatory Myspace Pictures" because all those youngsters on Myspace now take their own pictures, and they're always up high or down low and at weird angles. :wink2: I don't see a double chin! Wachoo talkin' 'bout???

Mal! She posted a few pages back, it was one of Saturday's posts, saying she got the package and a few other things. I didn't quote her though - go back and check it out!

Yes, it is probably best you have the wise voice of your mom to listen to instead of me being completely reckless telling you "Do it!" Thank goodness for moms!!

And I also have more than my share of blonde moments on any given day!!! Remind me to tell you someday about my worst all time blonde moment!! (My mom and friends actually tell me I should never tell anyone about this one because it makes me look so stupid!):angry:

I love your pictures! AND the pictures of your Mom are just beautiful! I cried a lot during the race. I would read someone's bib and I'd cry! I started crying when they blew the horn to start the race. I thought of my friend Sandra and how badly she wanted to win the battle! I'm so proud of you and your Son, Mal! I am sending you a High 5!

Actually, there were quite a few men doing that race. I saw! Who cares! No one minded! I loved seeing all the husbands, fathers and sons there to support and honor the women they love! It was all very heartwarming! We took the Light Rail at Lincoln. It was my first time. When we returned to the Lincoln depot, the lady on the speaker said, "This is the end of the road, you must leave the train now." I thought in my head, "This is just the beginning of the road!" I still can't believe I did it!"

Thanks Jaime! All of my daughter's pics on her My Space are done that way! They are so cute! It's true that is a very common My Space pose.

I can pick you up at the airport. BUT let me get back with you about the date. I am doing my schedule at work on Wed morning at 1201am. (I'm greedy and want to be the first to put my schedule in) Maybe I could make my fill for the same day and we could hold each other's hands! I'll do my schedule and come on here and write you to let you know which date worked. Okay? AND about the gas! You're taking your life in your hands -- remember what Shelbi said about ME?

:thumbup::lol::eek::lol::lol:As much as I think it would be totally awesome to hang out with the two of you at the same time, by the sounds of it I would need a gas mask!:angry::lol::wink2::lol::lol:But I love ya both anyway!!!:)

Hi everyone.

Does Dr. K ever refill pain meds? I am about 2 weeks out from my surgery and I am still in loads of pain. My port area is swollen like an egg and is so tender to the touch. Is this normal?

Hi everyone.

Does Dr. K ever refill pain meds? I am about 2 weeks out from my surgery and I am still in loads of pain. My port area is swollen like an egg and is so tender to the touch. Is this normal?

My port area was swollen like an egg shape also. He said that was normal. I would call his office and get into see him. I'm not sure about the pain meds.

Sorry!!! I just realized you don't live in town. Call his office and talk to him and see what he tells you.

Hi everyone.

I had that egg thing too. It was really weird.

Yes, I would definitely call him. He's great about calling you back.

ok, question for all of you experienced bandsters out there...

I am getting really worried because I healed really fast and have restriction that is fine but I could eat anything I wanted at 9 days post op. Is this normal? I can only eat 1/2 to 1 cup of food at a time but it scares me that on the liquids I felt like I was starving and my stomach was making tons of noise so I started eating real food and it finally stopped. Now, I'm eating real food with each meal. I get a hard lump right at the largest incision which I'm guessing is the pouch that is filled with food and then later on it goes back down. Anyone else experiencing this? Anything I need to be concerned about? The only reason I'm concerned is because my pain tolerance is high and I just don't want to ignore something that might be a major issue. I lose about ten pounds in those first five days and I am teetering around 10 pounds lost for the last several days. This week I'm going to make sure I start walking and drinking the Protein.< /p>

Hi everyone.

HI Michelle,

I spoke to a few others who had surgery around the same time as us and they asked and he did not refill. Try picking up some Tylenol Rapid Blast Extra Strength. It works pretty good. I have the egg shaped thing too which I think is the pouch but I'm not sure...

ok, question for all of you experienced bandsters out there...

I am getting really worried because I healed really fast and have restriction that is fine but I could eat anything I wanted at 9 days post op. Is this normal? I can only eat 1/2 to 1 cup of food at a time but it scares me that on the liquids I felt like I was starving and my stomach was making tons of noise so I started eating real food and it finally stopped. Now, I'm eating real food with each meal. I get a hard lump right at the largest incision which I'm guessing is the pouch that is filled with food and then later on it goes back down. Anyone else experiencing this? Anything I need to be concerned about? The only reason I'm concerned is because my pain tolerance is high and I just don't want to ignore something that might be a major issue. I lose about ten pounds in those first five days and I am teetering around 10 pounds lost for the last several days. This week I'm going to make sure I start walking and drinking the Protein.< /p>

I didn't have this particular problem, but I was also able to eat a lot after surgery. Congratz on losing so much so fast!

So my Dad had the appointment with the neurologist and the Dr confirmed that it IS a tumor, about 3x3cm so about an inch around. The Dr was concerned so he wants to operate and get a biopsy on Saturday morning. He might remove the tumor if they can then. I admit, I am getting more worried now because the Dr was worried. It has been only 2 weeks or so since my dad got the headache, so this is progressing fast.

So my Dad had the appointment with the neurologist and the Dr confirmed that it IS a tumor, about 3x3cm so about an inch around. The Dr was concerned so he wants to operate and get a biopsy on Saturday morning. He might remove the tumor if they can then. I admit, I am getting more worried now because the Dr was worried. It has been only 2 weeks or so since my dad got the headache, so this is progressing fast.

Well, crud. That's probably not the news you were hoping for. How are your parents holding up?

Lots of cyber hugs . . . It will probably be a long week, so come here whenever you need some love and support cuz we're all here for you.

Lotza, So sorry to hear about your Dad, I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way, let me know if I can do anything even though I am all the way in COlorado.

Hi everyone.

Not sure if he does, but I would call about the pain and the egg.

Drive by...

I DID IT!!! I ran my first 5k, not 100 percent sure about the time, but somewhere like 30-35 minutes. I cried like a baby crossing the finish line and couldn't stop running, just kept going like Forest Gump...LOL

Mal, SO happy for you. You did it girl. I got goose bumps just reading about it I am joining you next year.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear you got bad news. I am sending you huge cyber hugs also. :crying: Let us know how things turn out with the surgery.

Drive by...

Congrats!!!! YEAH on running the 5K!! YOU ROCK!!! =)
I am sorry to hear about his upcoming surgery. I am still sending every positive vibe I have in my body. Hang in there. Hopefully it will be benign and they can remove it all!

Lotza~So sorry to hear the news about your dad. You and you family are in my thoughts and prayers.

WOW! So I am still on this emotional roller coaster from the run. I just can't believe I did it. I don't know where the break down came from at the finish line...that I accomplished something that I have always wanted to do, the memory of my mom, the vibe in the air or maybe everything hitting all at once. Honestly the only thing that was on my mind was "don't stop, just keep going." I couldn't wait to come here and post that I did it! I knew you all would understand where I have come from and to be able to finish a 5k run!

I had this dream that I was standing on the stage after the race making a speech. It was like I was accepting an award for running the race. I thanked Dr. K and all my friends on LBT because without them, I would not have been there. So, thanks my friends and thanks Dr. K.!:redface: