Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I know going on and off them is probably not a good thing. It is never intentional. I forget to take it one day, and then the next, and then before I know it a month has gone by. :biggrin: Of course it is easy to forget when I am feeling good. And easy to remember during times like right now where I frustrate easily and get pretty down. :)

I wish my hubby could just give me a shot when I sleep... then I wouldn't have to remember and he could get a little payback for the pain I probably am causing him! :thumbup:

It took me a lot of years to figure out that it needed to be an absolute "must-do" part of my day. Hey, someone should make a monthly patch! Or an anti-depressant IUD!

I guess I could call the CIT. Do you have that there? They are much less likely to shoot him or something if he is acting out. The last time we called the police he got pretty belligerant with them and I was afraid of what would happen, but they handled it pretty well.

During his early psychosis, we had to call the police once and they came at him with their guns drawn. It was horrifying. We had locked ourselves in the car (he was being threatening towards us) and I thought for sure they were going to shoot him. They tackled him to the ground and cuffed him but it took four of them to do it. When they get psychotic they are so strong and so difficult to control.

I hate this. It is him who put us in this situation, but he really doesn't have the capability to understand the ramifications of this kind of stuff. ARRGGHHH!!!!!!

I am not sure what CIT stands for. Our agency doesn't have a special team to respond to these kinds of situations. I can imagine that it was a horribly frightful experience to see guns drawn on your son. :) It is a horrible situation on both ends. Officers KNOW he is sick, but that doesn't diminish the danger he poses to them. Well I am assuming they knew in that situation??

If you do decide to call... at least you can give them the heads up that he is Schizophrenic, and give them the information they need. If they go in with that knowledge, hopefully they can approach him differently than if they were to just run into him on the street and not know his history and just assume he is hyped up on something.

Does he have access to weapons?

Oh what a complicated situation. :biggrin: I feel for you.

I am not sure what CIT stands for. Our agency doesn't have a special team to respond to these kinds of situations. I can imagine that it was a horribly frightful experience to see guns drawn on your son. :) It is a horrible situation on both ends. Officers KNOW he is sick, but that doesn't diminish the danger he poses to them. Well I am assuming they knew in that situation??

If you do decide to call... at least you can give them the heads up that he is Schizophrenic, and give them the information they need. If they go in with that knowledge, hopefully they can approach him differently than if they were to just run into him on the street and not know his history and just assume he is hyped up on something.

Does he have access to weapons?

Oh what a complicated situation. :biggrin: I feel for you.

CIT is the the Crisis Intervention Team. They are specifically trained to deal with people with MI to try to diffuse the situation without violence. It's a pretty good program.

No, he doesn't have access to weapons (that I know of) but I suppose he could get one if he wanted. I really think he is holed up somewhere using drugs. When things get difficult he tends to relapse, goes off his meds, becomes completely psychotic and then finally reaches out for help. It's a tough cycle.

I feel like my head is going to explode.

CIT is the the Crisis Intervention Team. They are specifically trained to deal with people with MI to try to diffuse the situation without violence. It's a pretty good program.

No, he doesn't have access to weapons (that I know of) but I suppose he could get one if he wanted. I really think he is holed up somewhere using drugs. When things get difficult he tends to relapse, goes off his meds, becomes completely psychotic and then finally reaches out for help. It's a tough cycle.

I feel like my head is going to explode.

Tough..tough situation. CIT sounds like a great resource!! Sounds like you have been down this path with him before. I am so sorry you find yourself here again.

Hang in there. Keep us updated. I have to sign off now... but if you need to chat you can call me anytime. ((hugs)) My phone number is on the list. Please update when you hear something! :)

Tough..tough situation. CIT sounds like a great resource!! Sounds like you have been down this path with him before. I am so sorry you find yourself here again.

Hang in there. Keep us updated. I have to sign off now... but if you need to chat you can call me anytime. ((hugs)) My phone number is on the list. Please update when you hear something! :)

Okay, thanks.

ok ladies, i'm at the beach. it's a "girls" weekend and i'm here with my mom and a few of her friends.

so my question is: i'm having surgery in one month - is it OK if i get a tattoo this weekend? all i've ever wanted is a small tattoo on my right ankle, maybe the size of a half dollar. will that complicate my surgery? i have about 33 days until surgery, so i wanted to make sure it was OK before i go and do it, and since so many of you are nurses, i figure you'd know best!!! my mom wants to get her belly button pierced and i thought i'd finally get my tattoo at the same time. any help is appreciated!

Oh Mini!! I am so sorry that you are going through this with your son! I am praying for you. Looks like a lot of prayers are going around for the Ladies on here. My Dad isn't getting a biopsy on Monday, but is meeting with the Neurologist to see if he thinks it is cancerous or not. So stuff is still up in the air and kinda scary.

Some good news is that DH and I just had our anniversary dinner at a nice fancy place. And my SIL is having her second baby this weekend too. My brother sent out a text that says they are at defcon 3 lol!

I am down 1.5 this week. Not too shabby.

Oh Mini!! I am so sorry that you are going through this with your son! I am praying for you. Looks like a lot of prayers are going around for the Ladies on here. My Dad isn't getting a biopsy on Monday, but is meeting with the Neurologist to see if he thinks it is cancerous or not. So stuff is still up in the air and kinda scary.

Some good news is that DH and I just had our anniversary dinner at a nice fancy place. And my SIL is having her second baby this weekend too. My brother sent out a text that says they are at defcon 3 lol!

I am down 1.5 this week. Not too shabby.

Happy anniversary and happy impending niece or nephew! Thanks for your support. It's a tough situation but, sadly, nothing we haven't been through before.

Let us know as soon as you find out about your dad. And good job on your weight loss!

How are you doing with your fill, Deb? Are you feeling some restriction?
Thanks Deb! How are you feeling since your first fill? Can you eat "normally" now, whatever that means for a bandster? Happy with your restriction? I've heard it takes 2 or 3 fills to get in the green zone. I just put some broccoli cheese Soup with skim milk in the blender, so will heat that up for lunch at work tomorrow. I also have some Jello in the fridge at work in case of a snacking emergency!

Munch, thanks for the words of encouragement. I know from my current job that shadowing is as much about the other nurses liking you, as it is about you seeing if their department is where you really want to work. So, wish me luck that I fit in with the "popular girls"! You know the drill....

I have some restriction; not sure how much one is supposed to feel. I just put a limited amount of food on my plate and that's it! haven't been eating in between meals or anything, but haven't really lost much either. Oh, well...

Can you all do some praying for my family? We just found out today that my Dad has a mass in his brain. They are doing a biopsy on Monday to find out what it is. My dad isn't even 50 yet. I am really scared.

I have you and yours in my heart.

Good Night Ladies! I am going to try to sleep now. I have the early interview and I don't want to look too sleepy!

Heather! My Dear, Try to get a goodnight's sleep and just love on those babies of yours tonight. I'll be thinking good thoughts and believing that things will work out well for all of you! They deserve to be with their Mom!

Marie! Goodnight. I will remember your father in my prayers and you also. It's going to be a long weekend for you guys waiting his biopsy. I'm believing positive things for you.

Mini! My Sweet Puff Mama! Sleep Sweet!

love you!

Denise, Deb? Did you guys already go to bed?

Not yet, Dee....let us know about the interview.

Hi lap band ladies. I don't often like to ask for help, but I'm feeling pretty panicky right now. My son has been living at his girlfriend's house for the past few months. She is bipolar and he has paranoid schizophrenia, so they are both rather fragile people. Well, she called my daughter today and said that my son got very drunk last night (he has substance abuse issues) and the two of them got into a big fight. He left the house, stating that he planned to commit suicide. No one has seen him since. He is not answering his phone. I've checked the jail, and I've checked his phone activity (he hasn't used his phone since 11 last night) , etc.

He has threatened suicide before and never followed through, but it's hard not to take it seriously. He really doesn't have friends, other than his "drug gang" from years past and I have no idea how to contact any of them to look for him. I really don't know what to do. I just feel so sad.

Thanks for listening.

How helpless you must feel at this point. Dork's comments about being damned if u do, and damned if u don't ring true. Keep us posted.

Ok... now that I am caught up. I have had a REALLY crappy week. First things first, weigh in:

Lost 0 Gained 0

....which is a miracle considering I bailed on the gym all week, at like crap, and caved to the B&J Cake Batter ice cream. :scared2:

I am seriously worried I may have a leak in my band. After having only 4cc pulled out of my band last week (one week after I was supposed to have 6cc) I again have NO restriction. I am supposed to have almost 7cc's in my band right now and just do not think that is the case. I am contemplating going in again this week to have him extract the Fluid to see how much is in there.

He had to poke me about 3 times last week before he hit my port. I asked him bout the stopcock and he doesn't use one because of potential risk to the port. His explanation made perfect sense. So I do think he is extra cautious... and I want to believe that I am just over reacting but I keep hearing that clicking sound in my head... of the needle rubbing over the port as he tries to find the right spot... and can't help but wonder if something got jabbed. ARGH.

I am just so frustrated right now. I feel like I haven't had this freaking surgery! I can eat anything and everything. I just need a mental break from all of this. Financially I am so in a hole from this I am starting to wonder if it was worth it. This has been one MF'ing long ASS DIET.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

:smile: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

I need to find a support group or something. I feel so alone right now. :frown: I am sorry for my stupid vent. Everyone has got so much going on, I know my issues are petty... but it is how I am feeling right now and I have no where else to go to complain or vent about this.

I am thinking I may need to go back on my meds. I somehow went astray again on my anti deppresants and think perhaps it has caught up with me. :sneaky: :angry:

No one person's issues are more or less "petty" than anyone else's. We all have something at some time that seems to overwhelm us. The issue isn't the big deal: it is the feeling of being overwhelmed. That's why we come to this thread as we know we will find others who are compassionate and helpful. Hang in there, girl.

Mini, I am so sorry to hear of your son. Have you heard anything as of this morning? Did you end up calling anyone? I'm glad you have access to his cell phone activity, it can give you a little more information. I am sure you and DH didn't sleep well last night. Please come and update us.

Dork, You poor girl! How frustrating with your band. I don't understand how a stop cock can be risky to the port. It's an external tool that makes it possible to not have to poke more than once, (once you find your port) and still be able to add and subtract Fluid. I am wondering if you have a slow leak in your tubing. Anita had a leak in her tubing (I think that's where it was) and she had her port replaced. She said it was a pretty simple procedure. You need to find out, because you are working too hard at it and not getting the help you need from the band. I think getting back on your meds is a good idea. It can help you sort things out better in your life. Don't ever feel you have to apologize for coming here and venting! What is happening in your life is just as important as anyone else's. We all struggle with different things in our lives. We come here to share and to accept support because we know the people here care about us. Darn, Dork, you deserve to be supported too! I think your suggestion about having it checked is a good idea, then maybe an ultrasound or flora can tell you if the band is working the way it should. You shouldn't have less fluid in there, than what was put in.

Lotza, Happy b-lated anniversary! Let us know how things go with your Father's appt.

Happy Saturday Everyone!

Hug you!

Hi lap band ladies. I don't often like to ask for help, but I'm feeling pretty panicky right now. My son has been living at his girlfriend's house for the past few months. She is bipolar and he has paranoid schizophrenia, so they are both rather fragile people. Well, she called my daughter today and said that my son got very drunk last night (he has substance abuse issues) and the two of them got into a big fight. He left the house, stating that he planned to commit suicide. No one has seen him since. He is not answering his phone. I've checked the jail, and I've checked his phone activity (he hasn't used his phone since 11 last night) , etc.

He has threatened suicide before and never followed through, but it's hard not to take it seriously. He really doesn't have friends, other than his "drug gang" from years past and I have no idea how to contact any of them to look for him. I really don't know what to do. I just feel so sad.

Thanks for listening.

Mini-I haven't read past this post yet, so I don't know if this got resolved, but I hate to hear you sad like this-it makes me want to cry.:angry: As you well know, my husband is bipolar and has substance abuse issues so I am all to familiar with the feelings you are having right now. I am so sorry for you. Just remember we all love you, ok?

Deb, I think or rather hope the interview went well. It lasted 1 hour and 45 mins. It was with the Chief Medical Officer and the director of the program. They were both extremely nice! Very personable. They are interviewing 4 other people for the position. It sounds like something I would absolutely love! I'm waiting to hear back from them... and if it's right, it will happen. I have no experience in that area. And I don't know if any of the other applicants do, but I'm sure they are going to hire the person with the most experience.

I was so scared the day of the interview. I was on time, left my house an hour early to drive there and find her office. ON the way I hit so much traffic and 4 school zones. I got there 4 mins before 8am! I ran! (something I haven't done in years!) and made it 1 minute late! I don't think they noticed. I hope!

Ok... now that I am caught up. I have had a REALLY crappy week. First things first, weigh in:

Lost 0 Gained 0

....which is a miracle considering I bailed on the gym all week, at like crap, and caved to the B&J Cake Batter ice cream. :sneaky:

I am seriously worried I may have a leak in my band. After having only 4cc pulled out of my band last week (one week after I was supposed to have 6cc) I again have NO restriction. I am supposed to have almost 7cc's in my band right now and just do not think that is the case. I am contemplating going in again this week to have him extract the Fluid to see how much is in there.

He had to poke me about 3 times last week before he hit my port. I asked him bout the stopcock and he doesn't use one because of potential risk to the port. His explanation made perfect sense. So I do think he is extra cautious... and I want to believe that I am just over reacting but I keep hearing that clicking sound in my head... of the needle rubbing over the port as he tries to find the right spot... and can't help but wonder if something got jabbed. ARGH.

I am just so frustrated right now. I feel like I haven't had this freaking surgery! I can eat anything and everything. I just need a mental break from all of this. Financially I am so in a hole from this I am starting to wonder if it was worth it. This has been one MF'ing long ASS DIET.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :scared2:

I need to find a support group or something. I feel so alone right now. :frown: I am sorry for my stupid vent. Everyone has got so much going on, I know my issues are petty... but it is how I am feeling right now and I have no where else to go to complain or vent about this.

I am thinking I may need to go back on my meds. I somehow went astray again on my anti deppresants and think perhaps it has caught up with me. :frown: :angry:

Dorky-

First and foremost know that I love you and I am here for you.

Second, you can be antidepressant buddies with Shelbi and I. It will be our new club.

Third-I will fess up and tell you that I ate Ben & Jerrys this week too. See, doesn't that make you feel a teensy bit better? :smile:

Fourth-Everyone thinks I am younger than I am too. I once had a patient ask me "Are you even old enough to have graduated from nursing school?" This is when I was 30! You have to love it sometimes, right? :smile:

Last, your issues are not petty. And we are your support group. You know you can come here anytime and vent to us and we will be here for you.

And get your butt to Bettendorf to visit your Aunt and Uncle so we can hang! (We will get carded everywhere since we are apparently 12!) :lol:

Well Folks,

Yesterday at work, I upset a Mom. She wasn't following instructions and it had gone on all day, all night and then I arrive in the morning to find the same issues are present. A baby at risk of having big problems. In front of the practitioner and another nurse, I spoke pretty firmly with her about her actions. She was tired, I'm sure, stressed and probably sick of nurses telling her what to do. Anyway, she left our unit and went out to the floor to report that I was mean to her. Me? I'm not ever mean to people. I'm mean to myself, but I'm not mean to others. I can be firm, however. Anyway, the charge from the floor came in and said something to one of the other nurses about it. I was charge, not the other nurse. I overheard her talking about me and I went over. She said, "That Mom said that the Big Fat Nurse was mean to her." As soon as I heard those words, I left. I went to the bathroom and cried. Everyone has always described me that way! I hate it! I reported her remark to my manager and my manager talked to her and she came and apologized. It hurts to have others only see me as "that big fat" person. I feel I am so much more than that. But even when people like me and they don't know my name, they say that. "The fat one." I'm so tired of being the fat one!

Hello All, I have been away for awhile due to various reasons. I'll start with none band issues first. I have been so busy with volleyball and getting no help from parents who have said that they will help, it has been crazy. I'll I can say is that the season is over in 2 weeks then I should have more free time. I also, got accused by some of the parents that I was flirting with the coach so that my daughter could get ahead, funny thing is she is still starting on JV and not on Varsity so I must not be very good at it.

Last week I was offered a job at dd club volleyball team to be the admin assistant, it was so tempting (all her club fees $2500, including travel about another $1500 would be covered and my travel as well), but I had to turn it down. It was going to be way to much time away from the little one, plus I think the club might be in trouble and dd is being looked at by another club (that is a little bit more competitive).

Last weekend hubby and I were in SLC for a garage door convention, it was pretty boring, but we did get a big award the "Chairman's of the Year". Yeah us!!!

Now on to the band issues...I went in a little over 2 weeks ago and had all my Fluid removed so we could see where I was at. I was at 7.4cc, I had gotten to where I was having a little heartburn and not eating as much, so Tom & I decided to put back only 5.4cc, well that sucked I could eat anything I wanted absolutally no restriction and I gain 4 pounds. I had to go about 1 week like this til I could get back in and have a little more put in. I saw Dr. K last Tues and he put in another 1.3cc, so now I am up to 6.7cc. I still think I need a little bit more I can eat more than I want to and have to remind myself to stop. The good news is I have actually lost the 4 lbs that I gained and am now staying steady. I go this Thursday to see Tom and I will have him add just a little bit more.

I must confuss, last night as I was getting caught up on the hundreds of posts I had missed, I was eating cold stone ice cream and it was so good. I need to get back on the 'bandwagon'.