Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

NSV for me. Went shopping at the Avenue for a huge huge clerance sale they were having. I am now.... drumroll.... a 22/24 top and 24 bottom! :eek: :w00t: I WAS a TIGHT 32 top and a 32 bottom before.

I can now cross my legs... and I do it ALL the time.

I also went out to eat with hubby on his birthday and slid in the booth like butter. :w00t: :wink:

So even though my weight seems to have stalled, I am definately reshaping my body with recent gym activity. I also had my first session with a personal trainer this morning, so I am going to get moving on core training. I am going to take strength traing classes on Tue & Thur and I am going to give Yoga a shot on Sat's. :thumbup:

Favorite healthy snack right now, Trader Joes Eggplant Hummus with carrot sticks. :lol:

Bad new habit I have to break... Venti pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks. :drool: Oye. I get them non-fat without whipped, but it is still 340 calories a pop. :thumbup: :thumbup: Probably to blame for my stall.

Favorite new toy... Sigg Night Whispers water bottle. I got a smokin deal on it at Whole Foods (only $20). So I bought two! haha. Now I don't have to worry about giving myself cancer from leaving my plastic Water bottles rolling around in my hot AZ car.

240_NightWhispers06LiterAluminumWaterBottle1.jpg

NSV for me. Went shopping at the Avenue for a huge huge clerance sale they were having. I am now.... drumroll.... a 22/24 top and 24 bottom! :eek: :eek: I WAS a TIGHT 32 top and a 32 bottom before.

I can now cross my legs... and I do it ALL the time.

I also went out to eat with hubby on his birthday and slid in the booth like butter. :w00t: :wink:

So even though my weight seems to have stalled, I am definately reshaping my body with recent gym activity. I also had my first session with a personal trainer this morning, so I am going to get moving on core training. I am going to take strength traing classes on Tue & Thur and I am going to give Yoga a shot on Sat's. :thumbup:

Favorite healthy snack right now, Trader Joes Eggplant Hummus with carrot sticks. :drool:

Bad new habit I have to break... Venti pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks. :w00t: Oye. I get them non-fat without whipped, but it is still 340 calories a pop. :thumbup: :thumbup: Probably to blame for my stall.

Wow, congrats on all your NSV's!! I know you must be thrilled.

That hummus from TJ sounds so.... :w00t: I must try it. Sounds to me like hummus is a good thing when you're banded, because it goes down easy. I guess it's pretty healthy, yea?

OMG Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back. :lol: What a weakness! I look forward to the Fall for three reasons: cooler weather, Pumpkin Ale, and Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I'm done for. Good thing I'm getting band in November!

OH YEA! Did you see my new colorful siggy??!! The people over in the November thread wanted Notorious Newvembers, but I said that was too weird-sounding. So I sort of chose Notorious Novembers, whether they like it or not. I hope they don't get mad at me! :mad2:

I think I'm like a week behind in my update, so here it goes...

I think I'm going to call Dr. K's office this week and cancel my appointment for a fill. The more I have been thinking about it....the more I know I probably don't really need a fill. I think I just "think" I need a fill! I feel myself trying to slip into bad habits again but when I follow my "good bandster rules" I get the right signals to stop eating. I am also still seeing the scale move. Not to say that it's moving quickly...but it's moving downward (that's the key right?) So I've decided not to mess up a good thing right now and just work a little harder and work my band the way I'm suppose to!

My NSV this month:

1. Rode carnival rides with my daughter this weekend!

2. Went out to eat and did not have a mental fear of being sat at a booth rather than a table.

3. My smaller shorts I bought at the beginning of the summer are getting to BIG!!!! By the end of the day I have to roll the waistband down to keep them up!

4. My husband made the comment he could feel my hipbone again :thumbup:

5. Fit into a bra that I bought a few years ago that didn't fit at the time.

6. Saw an old friend I hadn't seen in over a year...and she barely recognized me!!!!

I do drink through a straw. I understood the information given before surgery to say that when you were able to move from liquids to eat things that could possibly move through a straw, but not to actually eat it through a straw. Maybe I was wrong. I don't have any problems when drinking through a straw. I feel I drink more Water throughout the day if I use a straw anyway.

I try to get all my pills in liquid or chewable. I do take the Benedryl for Severe Head Colds (just one a day). And I cut it in half....ya'll think that is okay???? Now you got me worried....:thumbup:

Hope everyone has a good week! I'm going to try to do more walking outside this week.

Ador, I think you are right on the slight unfill. Tom and I have discussed it and it had been okay before. It seems like I have tightened up since the last time I was in. Is that possible? Congrats on the NSV, way to go. You are doing so well and you are not alone in this journey we are all here for you. When ever you need something just come here and vent, ask or whatever else you need at that time. We all go through feeling lonely, at least I know I do, and I really enjoy the friendships I have made here and the support I get.

Amieru, It looks like you are having the same dilema I am, do I need a fill (my case an unfill) or not. It is so hard to try and figure it all out. Look at all your NSV's that is awesome. You are doing so great and moving right along. Have a great week and keep up the good work.

Happy Sunday morning, all! Dorky one, I LOVE your new glasses. And your hair is so cute! With all the NSVs going on in your life, you must be feeling really good!

I hear ya' with the out of state thing. I think it's only natural that, if we were seeing Dr. K. every month, we could ask him those things that come up in our minds. But since we're not, we end up with little and/or conflicting info from aftercare people. And the conflicting info is the worst! We should always follow what our doctors say, but which one should we follow? As you stated, though, that's kind of the price we pay for making the decision to go out of town, so thank heavens we do have this site!!!

Denise, it really sounds like you need a little unfill. Do you take anything like prilosec on a regular basis? The guy I went to the other day highly recommends taking it every day to prevent "gastritis" problems down the road. Just a thought.

You must have been so thrilled with the deals on the dresses! I LOVE a good bargain. Oh yes I do :thumbup:

On a completely different note . . . DH and I have been having some wacky thoughts lately about retiring in 5 or 6 years, selling everything we own, and living in a motorhome. We could spend the summers on the Oregon coast (our favorite place on earth), spend more time with our grandbaby in northern california, get out of the cold in the winter, etc.

Are we nuts? Any thoughts on this plan?

Ador, I think you are right on the slight unfill. Tom and I have discussed it and it had been okay before. It seems like I have tightened up since the last time I was in. Is that possible? Congrats on the NSV, way to go. You are doing so well and you are not alone in this journey we are all here for you. When ever you need something just come here and vent, ask or whatever else you need at that time. We all go through feeling lonely, at least I know I do, and I really enjoy the friendships I have made here and the support I get.

Amieru, It looks like you are having the same dilema I am, do I need a fill (my case an unfill) or not. It is so hard to try and figure it all out. Look at all your NSV's that is awesome. You are doing so great and moving right along. Have a great week and keep up the good work.

Sorry, Denise. I was typing while you were posting.

In other more disturbing news, a woman was found dead this morning in a house in our neighborhood. I could throw a rock and hit that house, it's so close! The police haven't said it's a homicide yet, but they're on the hunt for the husband, who has somehow gone missing...

This of course comes just two months after a woman went missing and was found dead only two miles from here. I'm sure anyone in NC has heard of the Nancy Cooper case. Here's hoping this new death doesn't turn out to be as bad as that case has been!

Cheers everyone, I'm off to enjoy a college football game. Go Wolfpack!!! :thumbup:

How frightening! Isn't the husband a suspect in the Cooper case too? Hey, I see your 'pack won yesterday!! I'm a Tarheel fan (don't throw anything) now, but was a 'pack fan when I was a kid. Have had family at both schools. At least we're not Dookies, right?

Update on Tucker: Well, he still has pneumonia, but the dr. said yesterday there really isn't anything else they can do since he won't eat. therefore, doc said we should take him home to see if being at home would calm him enough that he would eat. we have a shit load of drugs to give him, but can't if he won't eat. His breathing has been very steady and "normal" since he has been home, just a few bouts of panting. Wouldn't eat last night or this morning, but am happy to report 15 minutes ago I handfed him about 2 ounces of cooked hamburger!:thumbup::lol: Not much but a start! Hopefully, my boy is on his road to food and good health! Thanks again to all of you who prayed, chanted, lit candles, etc. he had great people all over the US rooting for him:thumbup:

Glad to hear he's home! Labs will eats ANYTHING handfed, I'm convinced, just to please their people. Such a good boy!!

THANKS!!

Houston (squawk) I think we are go for launch (sqwauk)...I can report thrust is good, repeat THRUST IS GOOD..been hitting the can all morning and mid-afternoon...

I do believe

the change in meds.

is working:thumbup:

Bwhahahahahahaha!!! Love it!

Oh... and on a side note... I got new glasses and I just LOVE um! =)

I love the new glasses!! So very cute!! Congrats on your NSVs!

Well, I am happy to report that Rach got a lovely Homecoming dress. Beautiful blue with black accents hits just above the knee. Plus we got a smoking deal, it was originally $185 marked down to $111 than 60% off ended up being $44. We also got a Prom dress (I know a little early it's not until April) But we got a deal on that as well and she just fell in love with it. It was $265 on sale for $150 than 60% off so it ended up being $60 + $8 shipping (had to come from San Fran). So basically I got 2 dresses for the price of one. YEAH MOM!!!!!! we got all the accessories covered too. Her bra ended up costing more than either dress, $76 for a stickin' bra, you got to be kiddin me... WTF.

Nothing makes me happier that a good deal~ you hit the motherload!!

My NSV this month:

1. Rode carnival rides with my daughter this weekend!

2. Went out to eat and did not have a mental fear of being sat at a booth rather than a table.

3. My smaller shorts I bought at the beginning of the summer are getting to BIG!!!! By the end of the day I have to roll the waistband down to keep them up!

4. My husband made the comment he could feel my hipbone again :thumbup:

5. Fit into a bra that I bought a few years ago that didn't fit at the time.

6. Saw an old friend I hadn't seen in over a year...and she barely recognized me!!!!

Congrats on your NSVs! It's the little things that make it all worthwhile!

On a completely different note . . . DH and I have been having some wacky thoughts lately about retiring in 5 or 6 years, selling everything we own, and living in a motorhome. We could spend the summers on the Oregon coast (our favorite place on earth), spend more time with our grandbaby in northern california, get out of the cold in the winter, etc.

Are we nuts? Any thoughts on this plan?

I would be all over that!! That is a dream of mine! Somebody on this thread alreay does that, but they haven't posted in awhile. Help me remember who it is folks!

Back to my scraping and then mowing the yard. More later.

Adork, your new glasses are completely fab! go girl

Bahot, great deal on your dresses, we did the same thing senior year for my daughter, got the dresses long before the date

I am starting to feel slightly human again today. Am going to take a shower and head outdoors for a little walk. I had some thin oatmeal and apple juice this morning. Didn't even take any tylenol. Think I might finally be turning the corner! :)

yeah!

How frightening! Isn't the husband a suspect in the Cooper case too? Hey, I see your 'pack won yesterday!! I'm a Tarheel fan (don't throw anything) now, but was a 'pack fan when I was a kid. Have had family at both schools. At least we're not Dookies, right?

In the Cooper case, the husband hasn't been named a person of interest or a suspect by the police just yet, but the consensus of everyone in the media and the community is that the husband is the guilty one based on all the information that's been released in the warrants and such.

This morning they updated the case in my neighborhood, saying they still aren't ruling it a homicide, but that the woman's boyfriend is missing and he has apparently stolen her car - so I guess we know where that case is going. As of 12p today, the house is still roped off with Crime Scene tape. I still can't believe that house is literally 100 yards from my house, door to door. :biggrin:

Go Wolfpack!! Shelbi, I'm shocked and appalled that you would pull for the Tarheels. However, since I liked you before I knew your sports orientation, I guess I can let it slide. But you are right - anything is better than being one of the Dookies!!! :)

Bahot, great deal on your dresses, we did the same thing senior year for my daughter, got the dresses long before the date

I am starting to feel slightly human again today. Am going to take a shower and head outdoors for a little walk. I had some thin oatmeal and apple juice this morning. Didn't even take any tylenol. Think I might finally be turning the corner! :biggrin:

yeah!

Great, I'm so glad you're feeling better! I'm going to be such a pansy when I get my surgery. I'll take as much pain medicine as they give me! I'm a wimp when it comes to pain - which is why I'm deathly afraid of childbirth! :)

I am starting to feel slightly human again today. Am going to take a shower and head outdoors for a little walk. I had some thin oatmeal and apple juice this morning. Didn't even take any tylenol. Think I might finally be turning the corner! :)

yeah!

I'm glad you're starting to feel better. I don't know what it is about day 3, but it's a rough one. I flew home on day 3 . . . it really sucked.

In the Cooper case, the husband hasn't been named a person of interest or a suspect by the police just yet, but the consensus of everyone in the media and the community is that the husband is the guilty one based on all the information that's been released in the warrants and such.

This morning they updated the case in my neighborhood, saying they still aren't ruling it a homicide, but that the woman's boyfriend is missing and he has apparently stolen her car - so I guess we know where that case is going. As of 12p today, the house is still roped off with Crime Scene tape. I still can't believe that house is literally 100 yards from my house, door to door. :biggrin:

Go Wolfpack!! Shelbi, I'm shocked and appalled that you would pull for the Tarheels. However, since I liked you before I knew your sports orientation, I guess I can let it slide. But you are right - anything is better than being one of the Dookies!!! :)

wow, that is soooooo freaky. I hope they catch the guy soon. Yuck.