Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I just weighed!

Oh My Goodness! I have lost 23.6 lbs since starting the challenge and this week I lost 11.8 lbs. True loss is only 4.2, since I had gained that 7.6 lbs last week from TOM and Water weight.

I told my boyfriend that I am living on Love! Seriously, I think it's the new vegetarian lifestyle I've adopted.

Tofu!!!

I now can see how I get so depressed. My weight fluctuates so much! I hope it stays down! I am 10 lbs from 100! AND I have 3 days til my 6 month Bandiversary! AND tomorrow is my Birthday! I'll be 45! Only 5 years til I'm 50!

I just lost my high! I'm sad now! 5 years!!!

Someone tell me to stop!:eek:

Okay, I'm outta here!

Dee girl you crack me up!! You are rocking your band... I am so proud of you! :mad2: Happy early birthday!!! Woot!! I won't be on tomorrow so I will catch you tonight.

I need help!!!!

I go in Thursday for a fill...I am up 5 pounds. I want to cry.

I have been eating OK, not over kill. I have been working out. I have been on the fairly good side and I have only gone up. WTF?!?! Pardon me...but I am so discouraged, so aggrivated, I just am upset.

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET OVER THIS!!!

I know that I have done well, that I look "decent" but I want these last 25-30 pounds off...this is for me and where I think I would be comfortable. Please, anyone tell me. I just want to go eat ice cfream, chips, and drink some margaritas!!

ANYONE?!?!

((hugs)) Relax! Take a breath. It will be ok! you are probably do for a fill. So good thing you have one scheduled!!! :biggrin:

The closer you get to goal the harder it is to maintain. also remember, the average woman fluctuates THREE pounds a DAY! so try not to stress too much over the numbers. Easier said than done... I know. It could be muscle, water weight, or TOM.

Go for your fill and recommit yourself to your portion sizes. Keep up with your exercise. I am sure it will melt back off.

I am doing good. Sophie keeps me busy! I went running with her in the morning and then Rich and I took her for a long walk this evening. At this rate I should be down again this week! Woot!

I also decided to go to a local surgeon for my gallbladder. As much as I love my follow-up surgeon in Flagstaff... the drive is killing me. So I am going to try going to someone here. I am not crazy about "blind" fills... but the majority of people have their fills done that way... so what the heck. :)

Drive by post (as I am at work)...Just wanted to say....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Dee!!!

I'm right there with you girl! I'm 10 lbs from 100lbs down. It's soooo close but yet so far away! It's driving me crazy!!! Especially since I've been hovering on the scale for the last month. It seems like I'll never completely see the 240's on the scale. I did see it briefly Friday morning...so I waved and did a a little happy dance. But then I get on my "evil friend" (scale) this morning and it said 251lb....WTF!!!!

WE CAN DO IT DEE!!!! You've come a long way girlie! I have to stop, kick myself in the butt and think about all the things I'm now able to do and all the fat clothes I sold in my garage sale this weekend!!!! Woohoooo!!

I did get tired of seeing the same numbers on the scale for the last month. So I drug out my weight watchers books and started counting my points again this week. I guess I haven't been eating enough calories or something because I actually started seeing new numbers this week. I hate counting the points thing....but hell if it's going to kick start my weight loss again...I'm all for it. I'm scheduled for a fill with Dr. K on Oct 3....so I need to work hard!

Hope everyone has a great week!!

Wow - I've been gone 2 days and there is so much to catch up to be done!

Dee- Happy Birthday! Let me tell you I am way ahead of you in age and I have enjoyed life all the ups and even downs. It's just a number. You are doing everything you can to live a long and healthy life. I'm always encouraged by you and your words. Keep up the good work.

Sunshine - I went in for my first fill in the morning with Dr. K. and flew out that afternoon. They asked me to go eat lunch to try out the fill and come in immediately if it was a problem. It wasn't so I was out that same day. I flew in the evening before so was only in Denver about 24 hours. I'm getting a fill on Aug 5th in the afternoon and leave early the next morning. They have never told me to plan to stay longer.

The weigh in yesterday was disappointing - I lost NOTHING! But I am going to renew my efforts to be careful to watch my soft signs.

Shelbi - I was in trouble as a kid for thinking of ways to get in trouble, telling my brother, then he did the deed. So I have a long history of craziness with the rules. I'll be nice today though.

Gotta go now. The powers that be at work decided I needed to change offices. The place I'm moving to has not been an office for 5 years so it is FILTHY and in bad need of paint. I've been cleaning so painting is next.

Sorry Dee for being amoung the missing. I lost 4 lbs last week and 1 more this week. I have unfortunately been skipping the gym, have to get back into going again.

It will take me 2 weeks just to catchup on all the posts I have missed, you are a bunch of chatty cathies!! :)

Happy Birthday, Dee!! ( I know it is a little late:frown:)

General question: do you know if anyone has had to have only a fill or two before hitting the "sweet spot"? Just curious since being so far from Denver, I won't be going for his free or cheap fills.

Tucker had a rough night last night. He feels the difficulty breathing and then panics; thus, making it more difficult to breathe. vicious cycle.

But at least he is home, and between the two of us right now he doesn't have to be alone. Keep those good vibes comin':biggrin2:

Happy Sunday everybody!

Here's a question, did you all tell your friends/family about getting the lap band. I'm thinking of only sharing the news with my closest circle of friends. Truth is that I'm a little embarassed that I wasn't able to lose weight with diet and exercise. At work I just signed up for vacation leave, so only the employee health nurse knows what is going on so I can get fmla. Any thoughts on this? Am I being overly sensitive?

Wow, I'm just back from the tree house and there is soooo much to catch up on! Let's see . . .

Miss dee - happy, happy, happy, happy birthday (BIRTHDAY!!) So I'm just 9 months away from the big 50, so you're just a spring chicken. Sorry, spring veggie burger. And congrats on the 90 lb weight loss. That's so amazing.

Deb - I am so glad Tucker is home. I about fainted when I saw your first post about it. During his problem episodes, is it like a really strong gasping sound when he's inhaling? Our lab had a very similar problem, and we didn't want to put her through surgery (she was very old at the time). So when she'd start gasping like that we'd just sit with her and try to keep her calm. She lived a good two years with the condition and eventually died of something unrelated at the ripe old age of 15. Our vet said that it sounds worse than it really is . . . but it sounded pretty awful. Keeley and Gracie send big doggie hugs and kisses.

Munchkin - I LOVE your tat. Love love love it. I think the bigger blossoms would be gorgeous. I have a vine that I have been meaning to have some blossoms added to and your picture has inspired me.

Lap- congrats on the surprise baby boy!!!! Is your daughter doing well? I couldn't get the pics to work either.

Brandy, I'm glad you're okay. You're pretty much unfilled right now, yes? I wouldn't worry about the 5 lbs. You're such a star at losing the weight that I'm sure it will come right off.

Lotza', I'm flying in the morning of Aug. 5th, having a fill at 2:15, and flying out at 6. All Marilyn said when I called to make the appointment is that Dr. K likes you to stick around for "a bit". So . . . . hope I didn't make a mistake! I don't have time to go for 2 days. I am leaving for a conference the next day and then am going to see my grandson. I guess I 'll just have to deal with it. On the transportation note . . . I know you're set for this trip, but next time you might want to look in Super Shuttle. It's about 40 round trip and much less hassle than renting a car. That's my plan.

So I know I'm leaving out lots of people, but I have some other stuff I need to do.

Oh, I had a wonderful experience this weekend. I started eating "real" food for the first time and discovered my "soft sign". I get this sort of tightness/pressure in the middle of my sternum and then I have this weird burp/hiccup thing and I am full. All done. Doesn't take much either. Pretty darned cool, I'd say!!!

Well girls, I am going to do the 5-day pouch test this week. I don't know quite what else to do. So heres hoping that I can start losing again. I hate this. I knew that this would happen...but for so long?!? YIKES!!

Please say your prayers, I know that this is going to be HARD HARD HARD for me!!!

Denver girl~

I would love to meet up with you sometime!!! My kids are all going to be in school soon, maybe we could meet for lunch some day!

As far as telling anyone...only my family (my side) and my 2 best friends know. Thats it and I am glad that I did it that way. I think that I would be judged WAY to much if people knew about the surgery. That is just me though...it is a very personal decision, so I would be cautious of who you tell.