Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

'

Lotza posted on another thread that she had a rough flight home and is not feeling so well. Something about that flight from Denver to Salt Lake is not good. I think it's coming over the cold mountains then dropping into the heat of the valley that makes it so darned bumpy.

Yeah, nasty flight home. i feel pretty crummy still. taking gas-x strips like they are going out of style. Walking helps some. And my tummy is swollen so that its kinda lopsided.:thumbup: Tried to eat Jello and got tightness in my chest. Maybe I'll stick to Clear liquids for another day.

lol... ok ladies... the blue tongue is back.:drool:

for now. :)

:thumbup: Thanks Munchkin... looking at the pictures I finally can see a little bit of difference. Still a work in progress!

BTW Adork!

I think you have a beautiful face! I love the pictures! You are such a sweet natural beauty!

BTW Adork!

I think you have a beautiful face! I love the pictures! You are such a sweet natural beauty!

Awww thanks. You are too kind. Made a girl's day. =)

So ladies, I decided to use Dr B to do my surgery. I have my pre-op consult on the 29th. It is a 4 hour drive up to Flagstaff... but I trust him, and I like him, and that is important to me.

Good Morning Banditos

Bella~sorry I missed RR and didn't get a chance to meet you. Welcome to Bandland and congratulations, your new life begins...

Dee~How is your new guy? He sounds like a charm! I loved reading your post about inviting the the older gentleman to your table for lunch, I can sooo see you doing that. Our world needs more Dee's!!

by the way, my weigh in for this week is a teeny tiny loss of .80, it's tiny but I'll take it. My fill is on the 25th and I can't wait. I am having the hardest time getting over this "forever" plateau, maybe I have hit the wall and this is it??? depressing! I workout every other day and walk on my off work out days. My eating might not be the best of a Bandster, but it's not that bad that I can't drop more weight...ugggh! If I EVER make it to Onderland, I will kiss my scale!

Lotza~sorry to hear about your bad flight home and the terrible gas pains. Hang in there and keep moving and drinking.

Mini~I hope furry friend try out number two works out better. How's your band treating you?

Adork~You pictures show a huge difference! Thanks for sharing those. You must have a sense of relief about your GB, wow, it's not functioning at all? Why does that happen?

Lifesaver~just wanted you to know that I think about you often and hope things are starting to turn around for you.

Lap~Any news?...is the baby here yet?

Everyone, have a wondrful weekend! I am heading out to the gym, I am hooked on the Couch to 5k!

Howdy Everyone!

Congrats to the newly banded! And, welcome to the loser's bench! I promise I will keep my hands to myself and play nice (regardless of what you've heard :scared2:) I am now in 4-point restraints with Munchkin doing the JACHO-mandated nurse checks, so the the bench is safe!:smile:

LA- WOW! You are doing and looking WONDERFUL!!! I'm so glad you insisted on the scan and are getting that pesky gall bladder out!

Mini -- You're doing great, too! Keep up posted on the potential new puppy -- she sounds so sweet.

All animals lovers out there-- Check out the www.freekibble.com daily trivia so kibble will be donated to feed hungry dogs/cats at shelters. A little girl in Oregon started it.

Dee -- I'm hanging in there with the no red/exercise/oats challenge, though the exercise hasn't been every day. How are you??

I've been on the new depression med Pristiq for 5 days and my family is already noticing a difference. They say I'm much calmer and not as emotional, so I'll probably stick with this. I'm noticing that I'm not feeling as overwhelmed and not nearly as easily pissed off as I have in the past month or so.

Mal -- you are rockin' that C25K!!! Inspirational, you are!

For the weigh-in today: A big fat zero. I have been hitting the slider foods this week :wink2: and I know better. I'm going back to basics until I have my fill on 8/1. Time to step it up and get real with myself about what I'm doing.

How is everyone doing today???

Edited by ShelbiCallie
because punctuation is a good thing

Awww thanks. You are too kind. Made a girl's day. =)

So ladies, I decided to use Dr B to do my surgery. I have my pre-op consult on the 29th. It is a 4 hour drive up to Flagstaff... but I trust him, and I like him, and that is important to me.

Oh good. It's important to have someone you trust. I'm sure you're gonna' feel lots better after you have this done.

Howdy Everyone!

Congrats to the newly banded! And, welcome to the loser's bench! I promise I will keep my hands to myself and play nice (regardless of what you've heard :scared2:) I am now in 4-point restraints with Munchkin doing the JACHO-mandated nurse checks, so the the bench is safe!:smile:

LA- WOW! You are doing and looking WONDERFUL!!! I'm so glad you insisted on the scan and are getting that pesky gall bladder out!

Mini -- You're doing great, too! Keep up posted on the potential new puppy -- she sounds so sweet.

All animals lovers out there-- Check out the www.freekibble.com daily trivia so kibble will be donated to feed hungry dogs/cats at shelters. A little girl in Oregon started it.

Dee -- I'm hanging in there with the no red/exercise/oats challenge, though the exercise hasn't been every day. How are you??

I've been on the new depression med Pristiq for 5 days and my family is already noticing a difference. They say I'm much calmer and not as emotional, so I'll probably stick with this. I'm noticing that I'm not feeling as overwhelmed and not nearly as easily pissed off as I have in the past month or so.

Mal -- you are rockin' that C25K!!! Inspirational, you are!

For the weigh-in today: A big fat zero. I have been hitting the slider foods this week :wink2: and I know better. I'm going back to basics until I have my fill on 8/1. Time to step it up and get real with myself about what I'm doing.

How is everyone doing today???

Shelbi!!! We've been missing you, darlin! I know those pesky restraints make it hard for you to type. I'm glad they let you out for a few minutes.

I'm so happy that the meds are working for you. That's a wonderful thing. And your fill is right around the corner! Just hang in there for a few more weeks and you'll be back to your losin' ways! Thanks for the link to freekibble. That's so awesome.

Good Morning Banditos

Bella~sorry I missed RR and didn't get a chance to meet you. Welcome to Bandland and congratulations, your new life begins...

Dee~How is your new guy? He sounds like a charm! I loved reading your post about inviting the the older gentleman to your table for lunch, I can sooo see you doing that. Our world needs more Dee's!!

by the way, my weigh in for this week is a teeny tiny loss of .80, it's tiny but I'll take it. My fill is on the 25th and I can't wait. I am having the hardest time getting over this "forever" plateau, maybe I have hit the wall and this is it??? depressing! I workout every other day and walk on my off work out days. My eating might not be the best of a Bandster, but it's not that bad that I can't drop more weight...ugggh! If I EVER make it to Onderland, I will kiss my scale!

Lotza~sorry to hear about your bad flight home and the terrible gas pains. Hang in there and keep moving and drinking.

Mini~I hope furry friend try out number two works out better. How's your band treating you?

Adork~You pictures show a huge difference! Thanks for sharing those. You must have a sense of relief about your GB, wow, it's not functioning at all? Why does that happen?

Lifesaver~just wanted you to know that I think about you often and hope things are starting to turn around for you.

Lap~Any news?...is the baby here yet?

Everyone, have a wondrful weekend! I am heading out to the gym, I am hooked on the Couch to 5k!

Mal, I was looking at the couch to 5K . . . You're a rockstar, baby! You go!!! And your fill is coming soon. YAY!!!

Hey, anybody getting a fill at Dr. K's office on August 5th? I have an appointment at 2:15, so maybe I'll see you there!

Okay....so I know it's been like two weeks since I posted. I haven't been able to go back and read everyone's posts for the last two weeks....not enough time in my day lately. I'm assuming everyone's doing great and working hard! Well....here's my update.

The week of the 4th was just nuts! Family everywhere! I did get lots of compliments from my husband's side. His aunt said we both look great. He's lost about 85lbs (he doesn't have the band...he is joining me in my weight loss journey by doing the low carb stuff too. He's the best!!)

Last week, we took a short but sweet vacation over to Branson, MO. We had sooo much fun! I actually got to ride some of the rides with my daughter for the first time. I could fit in them!!!! Wooohooo!!! I felt so good. I'll have to post some pictures of our fun time. We also went through the cave there at Silver Dollar City. That was a lot of work....but I made it through the stairs and everything with NO Problems!!! I know I would not have been able to do it back in December. 86lbs gone forever makes a huge difference!

This week I had lasik surgery!! Wooohooo no more glasses!!!! Next to the lapband...it's the second best thing I've done for myself. The lasik doctor I used is celebrating 35,000 procedures and I got a free vacation for 2 to Cancun or Cozumel. We're thinking about taking it around my 1st band-aversery...to Celebrate. I'm thinking I'll feel better about being on the beach in a swimsuit by then. :scared2:

Since it's been awhile since I checked in on the weigh-in....I've lost track. But I've figured that I've lost 3 lbs since 6/28....so I guess put me down for 3 lbs for the last 2 weeks. I'll take it since I ate some vacations foods including apple cobbler and ice cream!!! :wink2:

Hope everyone is doing well. Keep up the good work everyone!!!

Oh yeah...one more thing....

I enrolled in the belly dancing class that started 7/8.... I went to the first class and NO ONE SHOWED UP...not even the teacher!! Oooohhhh...I was so upset. I was soooo looking forward to the class. Well, I ended up finding another place that does classes, so I'm going to check into those and see if they are better.

Amieru, congrats on all your fun NSV stuff. How great to be able to enjoy the rides, go to the cave, etc.

I had Lasik done about 9 years ago and I totally agree with you. To be able to wake up in the morning and see the clock without groping for my glasses . . . to be able to go to a swimming pool and actually see who is next to me in the Water . . . Congratulations! You'll love it.

And how fun to have a free trip to look forward to for your bandiversary! YAY!!!

Well, I gained 7.6lbs!

Darn TOM and Water weight!

I actually had gained 10.8, but I started getting rid of some of it this morning! I'm trying to not let myself get discouraged.

We're about to head out to Cheyenne for Frontier Days!

We're going to see Rascal Flats and Taylor Swift in concert.

Shelbi, I'm still with the program, even if you wouldn't know that by looking at my huge gain! The Oats/NO Red/Moving my Body is going well. Don't feel bad about not losing this week, you didn't gain. I've missed you a lot! I'm glad you're feeling better.

Mal, Did you get the email to register for the Susan G Komen 5K? I did, but I haven't sent it in yet. My new guy is great! He left this morning for the UK on business and won't be back til the 1st. He travels a lot for work.... India, Vietnam, Germany, through out the UK. We have been talking daily - several times a day. Every night we talk before falling asleep. I learn something new to love about him every day. He's very engaging and just a sweet soul.

I hope things work out well for the two of us. I have to remember patience patience patience!

Amieru, Congrats on the loss! Sorry about the Belly Dancing class. I know you were looking forward to it. Congrats on that cave in Silver City. We took my daughter's 3rd grade class there and I didn't do the cave because of how narrow it was and all of the steps. I appauld you for being able to do it!

Mini, Thanks for being my support!! I hope you know how much I value you!

Dork, I'm glad they figured out it was your gallbladder! I'm glad you have a doctor you can trust. Is he the one with the band? I was going to tell you that your situation with your DH is the same as mine with my new guy. He certainly wouldn't have been interested in me, had we not met online. I don't blame him for that. I think that happens a lot, but I think the good thing is that he is open to being with me now because he is putting the value on my personality and not my appearance.

Sunshine, I remember the 3rd day was my worst. I never really had any gas pains. My port hurt and I had a hard time getting comfortable to sleep since I don't have a recliner. I'm also a tummy sleeper and just couldn't get in the right position. I survived and now I can sleep in any position except for on my tummy/left side... it just feels strange. Maybe I'm pressing on my port or something. I have no idea. You will feel better soon. Just take it slow with the food. Stick to the full liquids for a bit. They give your tummy time to heal and allow that band to remain where it's meant to be.

Brandy, how is your FIL now that he's home? How are you Dear? Are you going to the BBQ?

Greenie, I am hoping good things for your 4th fill. I'll be getting my 3rd next week. My friend just got a teeny tiny fill of 0.05. Can you imagine that is about 3 drops! She says she can tell it's there! Wow! I can't imagine how some docs charge so much for a fill. It's becoming a racket! Very sad!

Lifesaver, Thanks for working the airplane flight out for Bella and Kacie! I'm sure that made a world of difference for them and it was so sweet of you to go out of your way to help them!

Anita, did your company leave yet? I'm glad you're going to the picnic! Anyone else here in town going to be there?

Lap! Are you a Grandma yet? We're waiting!

Hugs Everyone!

Love,

dee~

Kidlings who plan to attend the BBQ --:wink2:

Please don't forget to RSVP ASAP to Natalie.:smile:

They need a head count so that they can order the food!:scared2:

Hi Bandito Friends - Well my loss this week was small - 1 lb - but I'll take it!

Mini- I am getting a fill on Aug 5th but I'm an hour later at 3:15. I SO BADLY need a fill and this will be my 2nd one. I was going to try to go to the bar bq and get a fill on the 1st but my Denver family was going to be gone. Maybe we will see each other that day. Hopefully he's not running that far behind schedule though!

It is so exciting to hear how everyone is doing. Hang in there Dee. It seems you have this swing with TOM and then it comes back down. You are an inspiration.

ShelbiCallie - You really have been on your best behavior on the Loser's Bench lately. You have never been trouble since I've been on the bench but I'm sometimes not losing so that may be when you can't behave (When my daughter was little she would look at me and say "But mom, I'm being have!" with a long a sound) So I'll try to behave even though it's not much fun and get some work done.

Just 1 more week of summer school teaching for me and I've got 60 skills videos to grade before Monday!

Hi Bandito Friends - Well my loss this week was small - 1 lb - but I'll take it!

Mini- I am getting a fill on Aug 5th but I'm an hour later at 3:15. I SO BADLY need a fill and this will be my 2nd one. I was going to try to go to the bar bq and get a fill on the 1st but my Denver family was going to be gone. Maybe we will see each other that day. Hopefully he's not running that far behind schedule though!

It is so exciting to hear how everyone is doing. Hang in there Dee. It seems you have this swing with TOM and then it comes back down. You are an inspiration.

ShelbiCallie - You really have been on your best behavior on the Loser's Bench lately. You have never been trouble since I've been on the bench but I'm sometimes not losing so that may be when you can't behave (When my daughter was little she would look at me and say "But mom, I'm being have!" with a long a sound) So I'll try to behave even though it's not much fun and get some work done.

Just 1 more week of summer school teaching for me and I've got 60 skills videos to grade before Monday!

Hi Sid. I'm sure I'll still be there because my flight home isn't until 6 so I'm not going to leave there to go back to the airport until 4 or something. It will be fun to meet you!!

Sorry about your grading . . . that is one thing I surely do not miss during the summer. Grading gets soooooo laborious after awhile. Finals just about send me over the edge.