Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I know I don't post here much, and I have been largely absent on LBT the past few weeks, but I'm trying to "come back" again because--gasp--my surgery is in 9 days! I just found out I'm getting banded the same day as lotzasunshine. I think it's kind of neat that I just found someone who's getting banded by Dr. K on the same day. Heh.

Anyway, I'm going through the "nervous" stage right now. I guess it's all fairly typicaly, right? I start my low carb diet tomorrow and I bought a bunch of high Protein, low carb food items today to keep in the office for my lunches.

So, um, hello again, everyone. :biggrin: *waves*

Wow GBear!

You're almost there! Fatwidow is being banded on the 17th.

So three of you will be banded in two days.

Welcome GBear...yes, your nerves are totally normal! We all went through that. How exciting though, even more fun since you will "know" someone!

You will do great and this is the best place!!

Hey GBear! Welcome and how very cool that you and Lotza will be band sisters!

Yes, I was soooo nervous the week or so before my surgery. I started thinking I was being really dumb, spending tons of money, just needed more willpower, what if something bad happened, etc etc. But it's all over now and I'm not looking back!

The preop diet was a breeze. So far, post op diet has been fine too. I'm craving fruit like crazy though so I just made a pan of watermelon granita that should be ready in about 3 hours. I'm quite excited!

Well, the second day of striving to decrease my fat intake is almost over. I just ate my last meal for the day. If I'm hungry when I get home, I'll eat some cherries.

Anyway, my percentages came out fairly good.

Fat 33%

Carbs 27%

Protein 40%

I'd still like to get the fats down to 30%, but I think that was a good try! I had my steel cut oatmeal this morning, chicken breast for lunch with veggies and just had several pieces of turkey with green chilies. (i know, strange!) - and I rode my cycle this morning for 35mins.

Shelbi, how did you do with your first day of Oats/No Red/Moving your body?

good job, miss dee!

Hello everyone!

Well, I had Baby Owen on May 23, 2008. He weighed in at 8 lbs 6.6 ounces and was 19.5 inches long. He, and the family, are doing well.

Now that baby has been here now, I am ready to start losing weight again. I had my band emptied completely about 3 months into the pregnancy and have since been able to pretty much eat whatever I wanted. That being said, I didn't do too bad during the pregnancy. 6 weeks from his birth and I have about 10 lbs to lose to be back to pre-preggers weight.

Since I am starting with a new local surgeon to do fills and stuff, I have an upper GI scheduled for 7/14 and and EGD scheduled for 7/21. He just wants to make sure my band is in good shape before he, as a new Dr. starts seeing me as a patient. Then, I have a fill scheduled for 7/22. I can't wait!!! It's been so long since I've thought about weight loss, since I got pregnant last September!!:)

You all are doing so well with your weight loss!! I can't wait to catch up with all of you, both personally and with the weight loss!

Hello everyone!

Well, I had Baby Owen on May 23, 2008. He weighed in at 8 lbs 6.6 ounces and was 19.5 inches long. He, and the family, are doing well.

Now that baby has been here now, I am ready to start losing weight again. I had my band emptied completely about 3 months into the pregnancy and have since been able to pretty much eat whatever I wanted. That being said, I didn't do too bad during the pregnancy. 6 weeks from his birth and I have about 10 lbs to lose to be back to pre-preggers weight.

Since I am starting with a new local surgeon to do fills and stuff, I have an upper GI scheduled for 7/14 and and EGD scheduled for 7/21. He just wants to make sure my band is in good shape before he, as a new Dr. starts seeing me as a patient. Then, I have a fill scheduled for 7/22. I can't wait!!! It's been so long since I've thought about weight loss, since I got pregnant last September!!:)

You all are doing so well with your weight loss!! I can't wait to catch up with all of you, both personally and with the weight loss!

Welcome Back Shesha!

You are also the mother of this thread! AND for that I want to personally thank you! I have found so much support, love and enjoyment from all those who gather here. Thank you for taking the time to start this thread -- giving us, Dr. K banditos a place to meet.

You're the Best thread starter on the internet! Just look at our stats!

Hugs to you!

AND congrats on that new Baby Owen and being only 10lbs from your pre-preggers weight!

dee~

Shesha!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!! Sooo congrats! I have thought of you every time I log on to this thread! I'm sooo glad you had a wonderful lil baby boy...and he was big! Proof that babies can be had after the band! And big too! Pleeeez send us some pics when you get a chance! And you did absolutely wonderfully in regards to weight gain during it. You are my hero! And, I missed you! Welcome back...and again...

CONGRATS!!!!!!:):thumbup::mellow:

Yay babies! :biggrin2:

good job, miss dee!

Thanks Mini!

I looked at my little pie chart and realized it was almost perfect! Since that is the only pie I'll be admiring, I thought, I'd brag a little!

I just hope the scale keeps moving in the right direction!

Hello everyone!

Congrats on the birth of baby Owen and welcome back, thread starter extraordinaire!!

Dear friends, I have an embarrassing confession. I may never eat beef again. Every time I eat it...I get...ready for it...noxious gas. It's the only cause I can think of. I had beef twice this weekend and last night hubby was threatening to sleep on the sofa. I usually eat it once a week, not all that often, and it does not usually do this to me. But since being banded...it does. I do like a good hamburger or steak now and then. But I guess that may be out of the question. Unless we equip ourselves with gas masks...

Hi Green -- For me, it's milk products that cause outrageous gas. Not so noxious, well maybe the rest of my family would beg to differ, but just mass quantities. I think I'm heading toward lactose intolerance or something. Never had this problem pre-band. It's so weird.

Hee hee, you quoted one of my all time very favorite movies!! It doesn't matter how manner times I see that movie, it still makes me crack up!! It is sooooo unpolitically correct in todays times!:)

:mellow::lol::cool2: I love it too!

Well, the second day of striving to decrease my fat intake is almost over. I just ate my last meal for the day. If I'm hungry when I get home, I'll eat some cherries.

Anyway, my percentages came out fairly good.

Fat 33%

Carbs 27%

Protein 40%

I'd still like to get the fats down to 30%, but I think that was a good try! I had my steel cut oatmeal this morning, chicken breast for lunch with veggies and just had several pieces of turkey with green chilies. (i know, strange!) - and I rode my cycle this morning for 35mins.

Shelbi, how did you do with your first day of Oats/No Red/Moving your body?

Way to go Dee! I did ok -- walked this morning about 1.5 miles and did 10 minutes on the stairs at lunch break; had tuna, Protein shake, Greek yogurt; and had my oats this morning -- delish! One day done! I'm feeling good about this; you??

SHEEEEEEEESHA!

We missed you so much. CONGRATS on baby Owen and managing your weight. I hope to see you around here more!

Dee~So what is up with this Steel Oats? I picked some up tonight (you know how I don't like to be left out of things...lol) so what about the carbs? are they okay? I don't think I can give up red meats, I love my steaks (had a ribeye for dinner, Buster did too). I would like to try the Steel Oats. How did you say you make yours? In the crock before you go to bed? with brown sugar (I also picked up some brown sugar Splenda). I'll give it a try!

I finished my first week of couch to 5k, I think I might repeat the first week. I am working by bottom off, but the scale says NAY, the pounds are still creeping up!

Mini~glad to hear your feeling better!

Hey, did you gals see this...it's kind of funny. Look Dee, it's the human head!!

A new way to look at how much you have lost....

Here are some things to keep in mind as you are on your weight loss journey. When you have lost any amount compare it to this chart and it puts things into perspective.

1 pound = a Guinea Pig

1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts

2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs

3 pounds = an average human brain

4 pounds = an ostrich egg

5 pounds = a Chihuahua

6 pounds = a human's skin

7.5 pounds = an average newborn

8 pounds = a human head

10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year

11 pounds = an average housecat

12 pounds = a Bald Eagle

15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs

16 pounds = a sperm whale's brain

20 pounds = an automobile tire

23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year

24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream

30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year

33 pounds = a cinder block

36 pounds = a mid-size microwave

40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of Water or an average human leg

44 pounds = an elephant's heart

50 pounds = a small bale of hay

55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner

60 pounds = an elephant's penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)

66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year

70 pounds = an Irish Setter

77 pounds = a gold brick

80 pounds = the World's Largest Ball of Tape

90 pounds = a newborn calf

100 pounds = a 2 month old horse

111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year

117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she's 5'11")

118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica

120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month

130 pounds = a newborn giraffe

138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year

140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year

144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she's 5'4")

150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary

187 pounds = an average adult man

200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds

235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger

300 pounds = an average football lineman

400 pounds = a Welsh pony