Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Thanks for the welcomes Anita, you can't get much better than TWO welcome messages! I feel loved! :lol:

Thank you everyone else for the warm welcome, it definitely feels like this is a very supportive place and I have nothing but love for you caring ladies!!

deboregon~ I applied for my loan last night thru surgeryloans.com and got approved last night. They gave me a pretty good interest rate, so I was happy about that too. I am trying to get my ducks in a row as well so everything can run as smoothly and quickly as possible! When did you have your consultation with Dr. K? What tests if any did you get done?

I’ll talk more later, hope everyone had a good day! :thumbup:

~Nicole

You'll love it here. It's the best place ever!

Mini: good to hear all is going as well as can be expected!! Sorry to hear about the gas, but I will now know to have lots of GasX.

Lap: What a thoughtful, well-written piece. The opening segment about dreams was particularly poignant. You obviously have been writing for quite some time, right? if not, i think an online writing group would be a good place for you. You are talented.

Nicole: good job on the loan. mine was a home equity loan so I can write it off my taxes next year!! Also, since we are self-pay, we should be able to write off all the medical costs on taxes next year!!

Well, guys, I told my parents today about the whole plan. They were so happy for me. In fact, they had talked three weeks ago about the idea and that they would PAY for me. Jesus, they are both on soc. sec. as their only income and they want to pay for me!!! I said no way would that have happened! but i think it shows how special my folks are...they both have been very supportive, never negative. I love them both so much and now they are as excited as I am!!:thumbup:

Mini.....So sorry I wasn't able to meet you tonight. Check your PM's for a message from me. Next time I hope. It sound like you are doing great...much better than I was the day after surgery. I had a hard time for a couple weeks with the surgical pain. The gas pains will be relieved shortly. Everyone is different but we all seem to turn out ok in the end. What are your plans for fills? Are you going to get them where you live or fly out here?

Everyone.....I had 2 Drs appts today. My first one was a fill appt with Tom (Not TOM). So I weighed in at 10lbs down from my last visit which was 5 weeks ago. Pretty good, I think. It's weird that I didn't realize I was losing at a good rate. So, we started to do a fill, got poked in the belly and then no matter how little saline Tom put in, the Water didn't go down right, so we ended up leaving me right where I was at when I walked in. I made another appt for 4 weeks out and I think that will be ok. I have decent restriction right now so we will just see how it goes. I really, really, really love Tom. He always teaches me so much when I see him. Does he always ask you guys if you remembered to bring your port with you? Silly man.

After that I went to see a foot doctor and they ended up doing a spontaneous minor surgery where they had to numb my foot and do some stuff. Sorry no details here as I am totally grossed out by feet. I am all wrapped up and can barely walk so I'm worried about being able to exercise and train for the Adventure race. I hope I heal quickly so I can continue on. I had plans to roller blade in the morning and then go up to Vail for the weekend for hiking and such....but I will probably have to stay off the foot this weekend. Ugh. I hate it when my body betrays my plans.

Did someone already post a picture of the dinner you guys had the night before Mini's surgery? If so, what page is it on? I missed it. I want to see how ya'll look.

Lap congrats on the positive outcome of your PS appointment.

Brandy, how are you feeling?

Brat....Welcome! You are gonna love it here! For financing I was going to use something I found online, but then I called my credit card company and was able to get a much better rate on my credit card, and without all of the financing fees that the loan company was going to charge. Just an idea.

Happy 4th of July Everyone! Have a fantastic weekend.

Lap -- That was amazing, you have such a way with words. I can see all your dreams coming true, except when you go to NYC with your daughter you'll have your grandbaby in tow. That is great abt the PS and you can definatly lose 50 lbs by Christmas.

Mini -- So glad you are feeling well. I never had the gas pains, so I hope yours go away soon.

My girls watched "PS I love you" tonight and sd that I can't watch it, that it would make me cry and remind me of my mom (so I didn't watch it, I talked on the phone to my best friend the whole time). Rachael really had a time and was crying so hard afterwards abt how much she missed her Grandma. I hate seeing her that way and it makes me so sad, as I miss her so much too. Well I'm off to bed...

Lap -- That was amazing, you have such a way with words. I can see all your dreams coming true, except when you go to NYC with your daughter you'll have your grandbaby in tow. That is great abt the PS and you can definatly lose 50 lbs by Christmas.

Mini -- So glad you are feeling well. I never had the gas pains, so I hope yours go away soon.

My girls watched "PS I love you" tonight and sd that I can't watch it, that it would make me cry and remind me of my mom (so I didn't watch it, I talked on the phone to my best friend the whole time). Rachael really had a time and was crying so hard afterwards abt how much she missed her Grandma. I hate seeing her that way and it makes me so sad, as I miss her so much too. Well I'm off to bed...

Hey Denise, I saw PS I love you, I really liked it but I did cry. If' you have lost someone you love it definetly tugs at the heart strings. It's cute that your daughter didn't want you to be sad.

HELLO BRATTY NICOLE!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your Jack and Sally avatar! (big smiles and thumbs up) ...this is Halloween..

Originally Posted by minidriver viewpost.gif

Woohoo!!! Banding has occurred. I am back in my hotel room. Things went well - a few small problems (hernia, etc) but he got me all fixed up! Not feeling much pain right now, just a little gas. Gonna lounge around and watch the tube. I'll probably not post more tonight, but definitely tomorrow.

MINI BABY..GASX chicka GASX. Send someone to Walgreens to pick some up. Weak tea, broth and liquid Tylenol Extra Strength. That was my cocktail for a week or so. Congrats friend. Welcome to the band.

*we need "I'm with the band" t-shirts. There was Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show how about "Dr. K and the Medicine Show". Think I will change my signature to that. Tee hee.

Thanks! I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell it was Jack and Sally. I love that movie and I LOVE Halloween! :thumbup:

:thumbup:hi all! im new to this website. i just wanted to tell u that im having my surgery on the 16th july 08 with dr.kishenbaum. i live in CO.i was just wondering if anybody had the band and had all the Fluid out can eat as normal again? just wondering in case of future complication.

:thumbup:hi all! im new to this website. i just wanted to tell u that im having my surgery on the 16th july 08 with dr.kishenbaum. i live in CO.i was just wondering if anybody had the band and had all the Fluid out can eat as normal again? just wondering in case of future complication.

Welcome!!! I don't have the band yet, so I can't help you there, but the ladies on here are REALLY nice and I am sure they will let you know. I just wanted to say welcome!!! :biggrin2:

Please let us know how it goes. I am thinking of having Dr.K do my surgery (due to low cost) and am anxious to hear about a recent experience. Good luck!

Please let us know how it goes. I am thinking of having Dr.K do my surgery (due to low cost) and am anxious to hear about a recent experience. Good luck!

Yes, I agree! Keep us posted on everything. How excited are you right now? I know you are probably nervous, but you have nothing to worry about! Here's to new beginnings! :thumbup:

:eek:hi all! im new to this website. i just wanted to tell u that im having my surgery on the 16th july 08 with dr.kishenbaum. i live in CO.i was just wondering if anybody had the band and had all the Fluid out can eat as normal again? just wondering in case of future complication.

Hi and welcome! =) I had my band placed in January and I still eat "normally". In other words there really isn't anything I cannot tolerate... yet. Although I do not eat the same portion sizes as I did pre-band. I still have little to no restriction, so I eat pretty much whatever, just less of it.

If you have complications an unfill is indeed possible. Whether or not you can eat "normally" is dependant on the individual. If it is a serious complication, the band can be removed.

Well ladies, I had my weigh in today and I am up one pound. I am not surprised... but ah well. Better than being up 2 or 3. :thumbup: Have to look at the positive.

I was going to reschedule my fill for next month when my Flex money account refreshes... but they couldn't get me in till the end of the month. So this $225 is coming outta pocket. Grrr. But I really need a fill and do not want to wait 2 months! So I go in on Monday and cannot wait!

Denise,

Yep, that one was a tearjerker for sure. I was crying like a baby through most of it.

I love that you call your daughter munchkin too! Especially when she is 6 feet tall! Too funny! I unfortunately was named that for being "vertically challenged" in the other direction.

Weighing in this morning....

No change!! I hope to do a little better next week.....but I am going on a mini-vacation next week. I'll try to stay focused and on the bandwagon!

I made an appointment for oct 3 to come see Dr. K. I need a fill in a big way!!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Welcome to all the newbies!!

Welcome Brasraweya, 9pdmnm5, and lotzasunshine! And a second welcome to Nicole.

Denise -- Hugs to you and your sweet daughters.

LA -- Insist on the gall bladder function test for sure! Sometimes the gall bladder can have "sludge" which can't be seen on the initial ultrasound (unlike the stones). Of course, insurance companies don't want to pay for surgery unless there's a stone. (Let's be real, insurance companies don't want to pay for anything if they can avoid it.) But if there's sludge, then maybe the function test will be positive.

Lap -- Beautifully written; I am loving the fact that you're writing about this journey. Were we at some of the same family gatherings? That "girl, you haven't missed a meal" line said with a southern slant has come my way several times.

Lifesaver -- 10 pounds in 5 weeks is awesome! Take care of those tootsies (my mom's word for feet).

Deb -- Dr. K told me the same story about the French Fry girl! And, your parents sound like wonderful people.

Mal -- Get a tatoo of Buster!!!

Dee -- How are you? I'm sure you're somewhere working, working, working.

Mini -- How's "The Banded Life, Day 3" going?

Munchk -- Hope you get the day off today and can spend it playing with your puppies!

Brandy -- What's up with you these days? I'm sure it's baseball, baseball, baseball.

Happy 4th people!

Happy 4th my friends! and WECOME to the NEWBIES!

Shelbie~Nice to hear from you, I hope you are doing well. I SHOULD get a tat of Buster!

Lap~WOW! I love your writing, such flow, depth and attachment. You are artistic in every way! Thank you for allowing us to feel it!

Keep the fire burning just in case you need to give em' hell! I am excited for your PS journey.

Mini~How are you feeling today?

Bahot~okay, I will have to add PS I love you to the list with Bucket List of movies to avoid. I cry watching sappy commercials. Such an emotional mess I am! Size 10 is such a good place to be, I am so happy for you!

Life~OUCH! I hope your foot feels better soon. So, you found some blades. I started the couch to 5k yesterday, then I ate like a pig last night. I want to take a bike ride around Aurora Resevior today, then I i'll have to face more food demons at the BBQ! Dee took pictures at OTB the other night. When she posts them, take a close look at my top...I recieved lots of compliments on it!

Adork~I know where you are with the fill! I am in need of a fill pretty badly, I have to wait til the 25th. I am going to have to fight the evening eating demon all the way!