Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Good to hear from you Michelle and so glad about your happiness ~~ you deserve it!

Good Luck Sidann -- can't wait to hear your banding adventure!

I just got back from my walk and I feel great -- too bad I only walked for about 40 minutes today -- I was the only one on the trail and a strange dog came up, so I left. I absolutely adore dogs, but am not willing to take a chance around one I don't know. Why do people let their dogs roam?? (There's a reason for leash laws people! Just do it! ) We have a rabies problem in this area and it breaks my heart the way that people allow dogs and cats to repeatedly breed and then ignore their needs. Ok, I'm getting off my soap box. Sorry for the diversion there.

I can't wait to see the Red Robin pictures!!!

Edited by ShelbiCallie
cuz I kain't spell

Are you sure your talking about Dr. Kirshenbaum? My friend had her band done in Mexico and Dr. Kirshenbaum does her adjustments too. She has never had any problems with him or his office. He does NOT refuse to do fills under fluoro it's just that he doesn't do them on a routine basis and there is an additional charge. If your having a problem with your band and you were banded in Mexico he won't treat you. It's called "LIABILITY". He didn't perform the original surgery so he won't take you on as a problem either. Dr. Kirshenbaum wants patients to succeed no matter where they had their surgery so I'm not sure he truly said "you get what you deserve". That doesn't sound like the Dr. Kirshenbaum we have all grown to love. When I was in the office I met a father / daughter team who were banded in Mexico and she told me that Dr. K even asked his nutritionist to speak with her father because he was having problems. Not sure what happened with your visit.

He may not be the right doctor for you, I wish you all the best in finding someone who fits your personality and your needs.

Liteweight,

How much extra does he charge for a fill under fluro? Just curious!

dee~

Hi Everyone,

Wow, my life has taken a wonderful turn. I have a man in my life, who loves me and my body.

I won't be able to get there on Wednesday because it is my monthly book club meeting. So sorry I won't see you all. I bet you are looking really svelt, just in time for the swimming pool.

Hugs to all - I love the world these days!

Michelle

Hey Michelle,

I am sooo happy for you. Ed sounds like a wonderful guy! We will miss you Wednesday! I have your book, the Weightloss Surgery for Dummies. Should I hold onto it until we see each other again, mail it to you, or pass it on to the next RR person interested in reading it?

Take care!:biggrin2:

Dee - I'm having my surgery in Parker. Tomorrow at 4 pm is my pre-op and Wednesday at 11 is my surgery. I'm very blessed that my brother and his wife live in Parker and my daughter is coming with me for my surgery. It's nice to have that support as well as the support here. Thanks so much, Sidney

Ok...I am slipping back into my old habits help!!!

I have even had a soda today!!! And cheetos and Cookies and fried chicken...this is nuts!!

Someone pass me some advice! QUICK!!!

Brandy,

-Step away from the soda, Cookies, cheetos, etc.

-Take a deep breath.

-Go back to page 270 and read what Dee wrote about what to eat and how to eat it.

-Tommorow is a brand new day and a brand new start. Forget what happened today. Think about all the success you've had so far -- YOU are the exercise queen, remember? YOU have come so far and done so well -- there are only healthy days ahead!!

Hang in there; better choices will be made tomorrow-- we are going to get to goal, my friend!!!!!

Hi everybody! I have been lurking here for awhile, trying to decide between going to Dr. K or staying local (SLC). After finding out that the local surgeon would require lots of add-on stuff (like psych eval, full physical, several tests), I decided that traveling to Denver was a pretty cost effective choice! Anyway, I spoke with Natalie today and made an appointment for my phone consult and got a surgery date!! YAYY!!! I'm so ready!

Yippeee for mini!!! Congrats and Welcome!

Brandy~You DESERVE to be healthy and fit and you deserve to be happy! Get rid of that stuff and move ahead! It's just a minor snag, not a problem, don't let it control you. We are all very proud of you!

sidann~good luck tomorrow and we will be thinking about you on wednesday. Let us know how you are when you get a chance and remember to walk, walk, and walk some more after surgery and drink, drink and drink some more water!

Ok...I am slipping back into my old habits help!!!

I have even had a soda today!!! And cheetos and Cookies and fried chicken...this is nuts!!

Someone pass me some advice! QUICK!!!

brandy go to my blog and read, "the naughty chair" ---

www.tiedtobefit.com.

don't beat yourself up anymore -- start fresh Honey!

Liteweight,

How much extra does he charge for a fill under fluro? Just curious!

dee~

When Dr. K was having trouble with my port he said he could schedule a fill under fluoro but it's about $90.00. He would have done it over at some radiology place across the street from his office. Sometime I think fills under fluoro is not a bad idea.

When Dr. K was having trouble with my port he said he could schedule a fill under fluoro but it's about $90.00. He would have done it over at some radiology place across the street from his office. Sometime I think fills under fluoro is not a bad idea.

thanks Liteweight!!!

i hope i never have to have one!

Thanks for the welcome. I've been reading this thread . . . and reading, and reading, and reading . . .

All of you are so inspiring! I can't believe that this is actually going to happen. I'm so nervous, excited, scared, thrilled, etc. etc.

I'm sure I'll have a million questions in the coming weeks and I'm so happy to have a group of experts to answer them.:)

Good luck Sidann!!

Okay...I went last night to weigh in at Curves. WooooHOOOOO!! :smile2: I was soooo happy! I've lost like 17.25 inches TOTAL...5 from my waist, 3 from my hips and 4 from my bust!!! I had the girl make a copy so I can bring it with me on Friday when I visit Dr. K. I'm soooo pumped!!! I LOVE MY BAND!!!

I just talked my sister into taking a belly dancing class with me. I think it will be sooo fun! I've heard it's a good workout for the stomach area....Lord knows I need it!

Well I had my surgery in December and I am really close to goal. I found out recently that Dr. K can do tummy tucks if requested. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with DR K and a Tummy Tuck. He did my lap band and was Awesome so I know he is good just wanting some feedback. Thanks