Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Missmona~Hi! I'm from Phx too. Moved to the Springs 2 years ago after spending my whole life there. Born at St Joe's! Anyways, ya its cold. Boots, scarfs, coats (if you own one...I didn't when we first got here!) It continued to snow all day here and now there is piles of it out there. Couple of inches and its a warm 18 degrees out there. The Springs is about a 50 minute drive to Parker. Although....cold here and cold there are two different things. I know if its in the 40s there, its truly cold. The 40s here, if the sun is out, is just lovely. Its an odd thing that still amazes me. (kinda like snow coming out of the sky...) Do be very careful driving up! Things should be much better when you get here though. And the construction through New Mexico will just drive you nuts...we just drove back a month ago. I think we counted 21 different construction zones through there. EEEEK!:P And good luck, we'll be thinking about you! Soon you'll be on the other side, a Bandster! Post afterwards when you are able to. We all get like worry warts on here!

I am looking forward to getting the band but not to the drive. I will definetely keep your advise in mind. We are making a 2-day trip out of it so we can drive in daylight only. Keep me in your prayers.

Missmon,

Please be careful driving up! If you're going through NM on I-25, call before you get to Raton (the town before the Colorado boarder) The Raton Pass is now closed due to the weather and a Semi-truck accident. If there is snow present and it's open, it can be pretty dangerous. The elevation is over 8000 ft. Anyway, I'm from Albuquerque and drive there about every 3 mos. so I know how bad I-25 can get. It also gets bad if there is snow through Gallup & I-40 (a small city 3 hrs west of Albuquerque) Here is the number to check the roads for NM and Colorado.

NM #1-800-432-4269, I have it in my phone and call it along the way. If you have a computer with you. you can check. NMRoads.com also.

CO #10303-639-1111, (press3 for the I-25 corridor, CDOT Traveler Information)

Munchikin, Your dogs are so cute! I think dogs are amazing! My bestfriend's dog was so sweet to her after her divorce. He would sit on the sofa and comfort her with his head on her shoulder. I thought that was the sweetest ever! Hang in there Cutie, you'll start feeling better soon! I'm glad your hubby is treating you well. Rest, Rest, Rest, Sip, Sip, Sip and walk when you can.

dee~

Thanks Dee, I really appreciate the info. I will make sure I keep it with me.

Hi Everybody,

Taynuh - your babies are beautiful. How lucky you are. How lucky they are!

Woofay - well, my eharmony date and I were to meet on Monument Hill, we cancelled due to the weather. My son isn't coming home due to the weather. It sucks. I think that ice is worst than snow. But we do have 3 -4 inches and lousy snow removal here.

Other than that things are good. Just finished a painting of Max's eyes.

munchkin - glad to hear you are doing ok. You need to walk, walk walk. I found a recliner the best sleeping for me.

Take care if you are driving out there.

Reminder - Thursday 13th - Red Robin 7 pm.

Hugs,

Michelle

Taynuh~thanks for sharing the pix of your ADORABLE angels! Precious, precious, precious!

Missmona~we are all thinkinga but ya', have a safe trip!

Tied2b~Hope your doing well and looking forward to your surgery! I can't wait to chat with ya' at RR. You have such a kind and caring soul.

We have been looking for cars for my son, and let me tell ya', I HATE it! I would love to get him a car for christmas (I LOVED your story about your daughters). We were supposed to look yesterday, but the weather was terrible for car shopping.

Munchkin~hope today was a better day for you. It deffinatly gets better, than worse, than much better!! Now the hardest thing to deal with is the head hunger and the darn scale...take care of yourself, don't push yourself too hard, but be sure to walk and move around when you can and a big one for me was to stay hydrated! I am a dog LOVER!!! My Buster is my BABY!!!

Dynamo~I hope you get to reschedule your date soon. How are your goals going? I am about to leave for the gym, I am doing good as far as working out goes...my food choices aren't always the best (I tend to keep junk food for the boys...or is it an excuse for me to "cheat"???). My scale has'nt moved in a long time and my measurements are at a stall too, my next fill is the 17th, I hope that will help.

Sorry to hear that your son couldn't make it home because of the weather. Your boys are sooooo handsome and they seem like sweet young men!

I hope everyone has a nice Sunday! Let's meet those goals!!

Red Robin Thursday - December 13th

Dynamo (Michelle)

Mal (Malani)

Drews (Amy)

VABandster(Kirsten) and sister

Bookholder (help ----sorry I forgot)

Tied2bfit (Dee)

Mare5569 (Marilyn)

Woofay (Anita)

Just bringing it forward. Red Robin Thursday - December 13th!

Let's talk crisis de' jour - my son is in the hospital with pancreatitis. So Woofay - I'll be down in your neck of the woods tomorrow afternoon. He is Pemrose Hospital, just having to wait it out to heal. He wasn't even drinking this year. The docs don't know what set it off.

Mal - I am so happy you are doing really well on your goal. I think I do better with the daily goal, I must be ADD goal-wise. Needing constant reinforcement.

Well - I check in again really soon

Hugs,

Michelle

Michelle,

I'm sorry to hear about your son! Please keep us posted and let us know how he's doing.

I know one other person who has had that and they are fine now. The also had not been drinking. It just happens.

Don't forget to take care of yourself too Michelle.

dee~

Wow, Michelle, you be really careful driving down. And I'm really sorry about your son. It's such a painful condition while its flaired. Hope he feels better real soon.

Have a great night all....oh, by the way, I stopped taking my med. I just couldn't get used to it. I know it was only 3 weeks, but yesterday is the worst day I've had in a really long time. Every day was getting worse. So today, I said no more. I have an appointment tuesday so I'll be able to discuss it with my doc then. So here's hoping its outta my system soon!

Night-night!:notagree

Dynhamo~I am so sorry to hear about your son, are you driving to the Springs by yourself?...I'll be thinking about you.

Woof~Congrats on the weight loss! I think you are doing an amazing job. I'm sorry your meds didn't work well for you. I'll PM you. I was thinking about you and your family, when I saw the news about the church shooting.

Tarheelluv~how exciting, your day is alomost here!!!

Have a productive Monday!!!

I have not been on the board forever. It's awesome to see how much weight everyone has lost!

I am 14 weeks preggers now. Everything is going well. I've even lost 4 pounds. Baby doc isn't too concerned though, since it happens with non banded ladies too!

Shesha~Nice to hear from you! 14 weeks! Glad to hear that you are doing well.

VA~Are you flying in on Wednesday?...brrrr it has been cold here, be sure to bundle!!!

Dynamo...Sorry to hear about your son. Hope he heals quickly!

Mal...I'm with you on the bad eating lately! Really hoping the visit and fill will get my brain back on track, not to mention my body! :)

Yes, I"m flying in on Wed. AM....have my appt. on Thurs at 10:30 I think. Then look forward to meeting you all at RR! :)

Mal,

I wanted to let you know that I bought my daughter's car and my Highlander from Cost Co. I saved about 6K on my Highlander and I saved about 4K on my daughter's Corolla.

It's a great story, I can share it with you, if you'd like.

I'd advise anyone to get their car through Cost Co.:)

dee~

Costco..never thought about that!..interesting, I am going to search some info right now! Thanks Dee~

it was a cake walk. i never left my chair -- stayed home, everything was done for me over the phone.

the lazy, fat girl's way of buying a new car!

Good morning, All! Well, Mother Nature is giving us some more of the white stuff...rats! I managed to get some shopping done for the kids yesterday, but still have a ton of schtuff to do...Plus I gotta try and get out to the Docs today. I'm pretty much feeling my ole self again...woohoo, and actually slept last night. (weird to be happy to get back to that regular crappy feeling you had before you started an antidepressant!) Oh my, alert on my puter....Wesley's school has been cancelled...district 20 is closed. Guess he gets to play all day!

Here's a question for all of you....will the lap band interfere with time-released medications? Just wondering if anyone had heard anything on that.

Does Missmona get banded today? Good luck to her!

Munchkin~~~how ya feeling? Is it getting better for you all the time?

Dynamo~ how was your trip down yesterday? Things had melted off pretty good here by afternoon yesterday...but here it is again to make sure we get to shovel! Blah!

VABandster~ hope your flight and all goes well tomorrow. Nice and smooth! And your fill too! Here's hoping he hits it on the first shot and to the exact amount you need!

Well, hope I can make it Thursday night. Only time and the weather will tell. You know what a baby and pouter I am if I can't get up there!:phanvan

Have a great day!