Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Yes, Mare is still coming tonight. I am not liking my band today. I am tired of being good and tired of the golf ball and tired of not being able to eat a scrambled egg before it gets ice cold.

I think that the reality is being checked again. I can't do what I did before and still loose weight. BUT I WANT TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am tired of thinking about what I am eating. I agree with Drew, I didn't get banded to be on a constant diet. Now I just wish I didn't have to plan everything around my stupid band.

Ok enough ranting, I know I am just being immature, and wanting my cake and loosing weight too. but I feel cranky about my cold eggs.< /p>

Mare

Hi kshoate and welcome!

Perhaps the real question is: why are other surgeons so expensive?

I believe that Dr. K is really a breath of fresh air in the healthcare world that is polluted with so many middle men, all after a piece of the pie. (Pie? Yummy. I'd love some. :hungry: Sorry -- got distracted there for a minute.) Seriously, there is no insurance company involvement, no staffing costs to process the insurance paperwork, insurance calls, insurance appeals, yadda yadda yadda. So what you get is a good surgeon providing a good service at a good price. It a very good deal for folks like me who must self pay and want a JAHCO facility, board certified surgeon in the good old US of A.

Good deals like this don't come around too often -- go for it!

Shelbie~well put! Dr. K is a great surgeon.

Dee~The deal is done$$ Whew, what a feeling. I remember putting my check in the mail and then logging on here and promising not to remove the envelope before the mailman came. See ya' tonight!

Tied2bfit~ yeah!!!!!! You did it! And in 2 weeks you'll be living it!!! Woo hoo!

Mal~ I remember you putting your check in the mail too! So funny!

Mare~sorry about your bad band day. Its just so frustrating isn't it? I've PB'd so much in the last few days. But the funny thing is, is that salads do just fine for me. You just wouldn't think they would. Meats...uurrrrggg! You'll probably hafta stick with the shake in the morning instead of your eggs. :rolleyes: Odd when a piece of scrambled egg feels like a rock in there. I wonder what hurts, the fact that the food doesn't go through or the fact that the chain movement of muscles pushing it down has been stopped? Does warm coffee help to loosen it up for you a little in the morning? Hummmm. (thoughts to ponder!)

See ya tonight!

Mal - I remember the check in the mail too! The other thing I remember is the PB drama.

I love you guys - see you tonight!

Mare - I am with you on the scambled eggs. I can only eat Cereal slowly in the am. Eggs have become iffy, don't understand it.

Woofay - I think the shake in the am may be the only way to go, but I am not giving up my coffee. Yum!

Hugs,

Michelle

Hi kshoate and welcome!

Perhaps the real question is: why are other surgeons so expensive?

Part of the cost savings is also that he utilizes a surgical center as opposed to a hospital. Surgical centers are generally cheaper than hospitals because of lower overhead costs ...and because unlike hospitals, they don't have to treat indigent folks...which means that they do not pass on those losses to the other patients. Surgical centers are not hospitals, although often closely associated/located near one...

They often are just as good, if not better than hospitals though. :rolleyes:

There was an article in the Denver Post a few months ago or so about the increasing popularity of surgical centers and their associated lower costs...

Tina

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you tonight.... RR at 7:00 pm....

Mare.... SS to hear you are having a bad band day....

Mal - I remember the check in the mail too! The other thing I remember is the PB drama.

I love you guys - see you tonight!

Mare - I am with you on the scambled eggs. I can only eat Cereal slowly in the am. Eggs have become iffy, don't understand it.

Woofay - I think the shake in the am may be the only way to go, but I am not giving up my coffee. Yum!

Hugs,

Michelle

I have given up on eggs in the morning and am doing shakes. I am simply too tight in the a.m. even after my daily cup of earl grey tea. And I do not have time to PB them up:( It's okay, I tell myself, eggs are full of cholestrol (in August mine was at 320...)

I loosen up as the day progresses...and like Woofay, I am surprised that salads go down easier than protein... so today, I had an chicken, apple, walnut salad at Appleebees (well, okay, almost half of a half-sized one) and a whole cup of broccoli-cheese Soup (I do not care if soup is liquid). dinner is normally very good for me... I can eat an entire enchilada (small) and a taco.... woo hooooo. (I wish I could every night, but I try to behave...last night it was beef and rice with gravy... followed by a wonderful PB). :rolleyes: Apparently, ground beef is a yes, but cubes of round steak are out... I'm sad, I think this means no more summer rib-eyes on the barbeque, no more prime rib...etc. My love affair with rare steaks and other cuts of beef seems to be at an end. :P

I am having a hard time with beverages though. I tend to be an evening drinker (decaf, iced tea... unsweetened) and cannot make myself sip... Is it really bad to chug liquids...lol?

Tina

Good point, Tina!

Nic- Ya'll have fun tonight and please post lots of pictures! I'm living vicariously through all of you folks who get to meet each other.

Mare -- I'm sending you a cyber hug. There. Hope you got it. Some days the band sucks. I hope tomorrow is better and maybe the RR gang has some good ideas for you tonight.

Taynuh~ I think the only thing bad about chugging liquids is sometimes it hurts and it comes right back up your throat. If you don't experience anything painful about chugging, you should be okay. But maybe Natalie or someone (?) in the Doc's office can elaborate on that? I can't chug anymore...but I'm okay with that. Everyone is so darned different with this thing. And your salad sounds delicious! Yummmmm!:biggrin1:

Why is Dr. Kirshenbaum so cheap?

Hi, I ask the question myself -- I strongly believe he cares a lot. I had the surgery October 2007, lost 40 lbs as of today. The surgery went like clock work. Interview, discussions, Diet Expertes and more discussions with the Doctor.

The surgery center is exceptional, and they surgery itself was some painless for me. I had the surgery around 3:00 pm., and was out of the Hospital about 6:00 - 7:00 pm. Went to the Hotel and slept the pain away. Next day drove to Albuquerque (Home), with very little problems.

I have one fill so far, and believe I will get my next fill after the new year. It you have any questions, please let me know -- I hope the best for you.