Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Thanks, Mal, for your very kind words.

So your son is off to college soon! I'm sure that's scarey AND exciting for mom. You really don't look like you're old enough to have a son in college!! He'll probably mature so much this coming year; most boys seem to be late bloomers -- mine is for sure.

Have a good evening and a great tomorrow!

:) Shelbi.... I'm very sorry to hear the news. I hope your friend is doing well and I can only imagine how grateful she is for your hugs right now. You all are in my thoughts.

Lap Dancer... So sorry to hear that you are having problems.. Please keep us all updated on what it may be and how you are doing. Safe traveling to you...

Dynamo... How is the rash doing?? I agree that it does sound like an allergy to something. Hope it clears up soon...

Want2bemeagain.... Congrats on your surgery date... Everything will be good and work out for you.. I have had my phone consultation with Dr K and he is the greatest.. He explains in detail all of the diagrams Marilyn emails and he took the time and answered all of my questions thoroughly.. I felt very at ease and comfortable with him..

Goodmorning friends!

So much to say!

Michelle remember that working out builds muscle which weighs more than fat. And the Navy (actually the military) ain't such a bad plan!

Newlywed daughter who married into the Army, is jumping with joy over her benefits: Free health, no co-pays, free medication, no co-pays, free housing, a stipend to maintain the house inside and out, military discounts on just about everything! She is VERY happy. Rash? Baby that's just an excuse to go shopping!!! You need to go to a Crabtree & Evelyn store sweetie and by their double milled soap for your tender skin! I use Veranda liquid shower gel OR you can go to Bath & Body Works and use their gentle shower gel...I go for the Coconut Verbena. So shhsh shhhs now! Retail Therapy is definately in order!

Shelbie, nothing happens for naught, there is always a lesson a greater purpose when it impacts your life for seemingly no apparent reason at that moment. In time it will reveal itself and the lesson comes clearly to us when we patiently await it. Your friend is so lucky to have you as a pal. I've no doubt she cherishes the fact that she has you in her life.

Peace to her at this time. In other thoughts: I've got one mean-wicked redneck, tire kickin' NASCAR luvin' slap on bacon greased cornbread in yer face attitude when I want to. Mental note on Budget. I had grand luck with Enterprise.

Want2beme: High energy your way my friend! Cherish the journey right now. Pamper yourself and be gentle. You are giving yourself the best gift, a journey back to health.

Anita: Focus on getting that band as it should be and relax more. I've noticed when I tense up, my stomach swells. I think it is possibly the additioin of stomach acids churning that may be causing the swelling. I call it my "muffin top". Right now it is going down. I went back to eating exactly what I did a month out from surgery. Same restaurant, same meals, same Kiwi-Srawberry Water, same same same. I think it is helping.

Drew's Lou I want to meet you girl! I'm coming to Colorado October 10th. I have an appt. the 11th and will not leave until the 13th.

MAL DARLING WELCOME TO DEBTORSVILLE! My daughter graduated last year with a degree in Humanities...then got married and is now a homemaker (but like I say, education is never a waste) and my son is still rolling on. He may turn out to be my Psychologist as he love, love, loves the subject and the coursework. It's valid investments. If not our children then WHAT?? If not ourselves and our bodies then what??

My friends here is my OA thought for the day received by my over200 OA support and Recovery group:

Every morning I make a decision.

I decide to prepare for a day of recovery,

or I decide to not prepare for a day of recovery.

It comes as no surprise that on the days I prepare I do better.

I have to take responsibility for my

decisions, even my indecision.

If I do nothing to help myself today,

I have no one to blame but myself.

If nothing else, I can take five minutes in the

morning to invite my Higher Power into

my life.

ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .

I will prepare for a good day today.

I will take responsibility for my recovery.

"God, grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference."

See you all in October!!! Have an awesome day.

Patty the Lap Dancer

Starting Weight: 378 lbs this morning: 338 lbs.

Food Plan: No trigger foods, Desserts, dinner rolls, candy,

Today I will drink all of my water, walk the extra steps, meditate on my Recovery for one hour through the Higher Power of the many friends who lift me up. I cannot do this alone, I can do this with many.

Lap~I enjoy your posts, you are alwyas full of information and know just what to say! I totally look forward to checking out lapbandtalk to see how everyone is doing and to chat, everyone here is so helpful, kind, and caring. The support we get from each other is so important, thanks to all!!1

Happy Friday!

Lap - I am so happy you're gonna be here. Yeah! We'll definitely get together.

Mal and Woofay - I am glad to hear you are slogging through the back to school stuff. Have you ever filled out so many forms?

I had some good news yesterday. The weight hasn't dropped for three weeks, but when I measured with my trainer my waistline had diminished a total of 7 inches (3 since last month). That alone, makes me a lot less cranky. Maybe it is like Lap said, my bulk is turning to muscle and it weighs more. I know when I turn on my side my stomach seems like a completely separate part of me, really loosened up. My trainer says this is the precursor to releasing the weight. Flabby fat is much easier to lose than the bulky hard stuff. So yeah I guess.

Well I will sign off before I lose everything like I did ten minutes ago.

Hugs - the remodel is almost complete, I think about you guys every day, best wishes on your journeys.

Michelle

Dynamo~that is fantastic...3 inches, 7 total...WOW!!! You deserve it, you have been working your bottom off!!! Good for you!!! The pictures that woofay posted in B.Ridge really shows a difference in both of you. I am so proud of you gals!!! Keep it up!

Hi Everyone -

Mal - thanks for your support. It means so much when we are working on our weight to have positive energy out there. How are things for you? Is your fill helping you? I had a good day, I didn't PB once.

Hugs all, M

<p>I appreciate all the support I have gotten already from the great people here. I am reading Dr Ortiz's book just to learn all I can . I can't wait to meet DR. K and Marilyn. Also thanks for the motel tip, I will definately stay there.

Goodmorning good friends!

I can't wait to see you all in October! It's gonna happen!

A "boom shakalaka laka" to Dynamo Mini" on those inches. Hey, I'll take inches over pounds any day. Inches are what make the pants fit better!

Beautiful thought for the day from OA this morning.

Today's thought is: Adversity introduces us to ourselves. --Anonymous

After difficult or challenging times we often say, "I never would have

chosen to go through that, but I learned a lot from it."

It could be a job situation, a failed relationship, trouble with the

law, or relapse.

When we bump up against something hard-something that pushes back at

us, our strength is tested, forcing us to draw on unknown reserves.

A mountain climber standing on a safe ledge finds it difficult to move

forward onto a more frightening spot.

After he has completed the route, he looks back and feels good about

himself because he met a challenge.

We meet these challenges in many ways in our lives, and they help us

build our self-respect.

Whatever difficulty is facing us today, we do not have to be alone

while we do it.

We can reach out for support while we do what we must.

This difficulty is part of being human and can help us see more fully

who we are.

I pray for the courage to face my adversity and ability to learn from

it.

From Overeaters Anonymous Recovery Group at Yahoo Groups.

Be well my friends.

Lap-Dancer Patty

Good morning!

Dynamo~ woooooo hoooo on the inches! That is soooo great! You're doing so well and redirecting energies else where like your ladies, paintings, working out. You might still be frustrated about not being able to comfort with food, but you are making such great progress. I suppose a multi-year habit doesn't just go away in a few months. But you are certainly taking huge leaps in the right direction! Congratulations!

Lap Dancer~Can't wait to see you! I really liked todays thoughts. Hope you are feeling better.

Mal~ Hows it going for you? Your baby is in college. I sure can wait for that. I like my little guys the way they are...time to bind them and keep them little. (that doesn't work, does it?)

I had a bad day yesterday. I ate way more than I should have, probably related to stress. When am I going to figure out what to do with stress other than eat? My friend from Arizona is coming up on Tuesday and I'm just so excited. I haven't seen her in almost 4 years. She's going to the Josh Groban concert with me on Wed. I turned her into a fan.;) My hubby is so glad he doesn't have to go to another one with me! heehee! She's leaving Sunday so we're going to cram as much in as possible. She'll even be celebrating her 50th with us on Thursday. We have been friends over 23 years. Lordy we're getting old! :omg:

Well, my girls, and those not specifically mentioned...have a great day. Hope you all can stay on track, either with band rules or with liquid diets, or with pre-op diets. It's going to make us healthier better people, even if that is hard to see in the moment! :biggrin1::)

Howdy gals and dudes!

Lap~I just wanted to drop in and tell you that I was chattin' wit my GI buddies about your prob...they said possible IBS???? Increase fiber...and use stuff like benefiber???? Just a thought????

I hope you are feeling better...hugs!

Good Morning all!!

Wow, so much has happened lately!

Shelbi - I am so sorry to hear about what's all happened with your friends and family. As was said, everything happens for a reason. My thoughts are with your family and friends.

Lap - I am sorry to hear about all your troubles. I am curious as to why Dr. K needs to see you? Your issues sound more like something any GI Dr.(not band Dr.) back home can look into. Have you made an appointment locally?? It could just be that you are eating differently since the surgery and it has brought about, or uncovered, some IBS or whatever symptoms you didn't know you had...

Congrats to Dynamo Mini on the inches! That is WAY awesome!!

Congrats to Mal, as well. Your son going off to college is a major accomplishment for both of you. May you both enjoy this new phase in the journey!

As for me, not much going on here...ranger.gif

The scale has stalled. I am not working out, so I can't look for any new muscle to bail me out of this one...heh heh...

I guess we know what that means... Time to hit the pavement!

We have a Dr. doing fills locally now. I will be his first appoinment in his new office come September 17th! Woo hoo! Maybe I'll get my picture on the wall or something! wink.gif He's been doing bands in a town south of here for a while, so he's experienced. He's just branching out!!

Shesha - it's good to have a doc close to your home. Hope it all goes well.

Lap - I forgot how inspirational and on target OA literature is. Man, it is the giving up the struggle to the higher power that has me stumped. I haven't been able to do it. I just wrestle, but it is more conscience now.

Woofay - WooooWhoo! Seeing old friends is where its at. Have a fabulous time with your concert. There is something about continuity that is amazing. Josh will be up to your standards I am sure. I love your joy of life.

Mal - college? Which son? It is hard to let them go isn't it?

My current battle is with the information I am getting from the band. I overeat, I PB, then I push down more food. What is wrong with me? Why don't I listen to the signals? I am colliding with the stuffing behavior that got me here in the first place. At least I am aware of everything, not waking up in several months or years and realizing that I have gained a ton of weight. I am more aware of what I am doing and evaluating the thought and behavior patterns. That's good right?

Hugs all,

Michelle