Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

OK Mal, try this... on the far right, next to the Logout in the blue menu bar for LapBandTalk, open "Quick Links". This is above where it says "Welcome Mal" and "You last visted: Today". Select "Edit Profile" when the Quick Links menu pops down and it will be in there.

UserCP stands for User Control Panel, and that is on the left hand side of the blue area. Both will get you to the same place!

thanks nic~how did you put "On the Band Wagon" under your name/above your avatar???

Up at the top of the page in the dark blue ribbon are links in white text that say: Home, UserCP, Gallery, Journals, etc.....

Select the "User CP".. Then on the right of your thread subscriptions is a column that has several links for editing your profile, etc..

Click on "Custom User Title" That will take you to the box that you can add what ever saying you want to under your screenname.. Right now it should say "Registered User". Just change that to whatever you want...

Hope this helps.. ;)

Hey Everyone!!

I just realized that I have lost my "1st" 35 pounds, which means I am 1/3 of the way to goal!! Now, I just need to lose 35 pounds 2 more times, and I'll be there!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!!

;)

Hey Everyone!!

I just realized that I have lost my "1st" 35 pounds, which means I am 1/3 of the way to goal!! Now, I just need to lose 35 pounds 2 more times, and I'll be there!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!!

;)

:wow2: Way to go!!!! Congratulations!!! :cheer2:

I can hardly wait until I can get there.... I'm so happy for you...

Thanks gals! I just figured it out! Got "My Buster" under my name...now if I can just figure our how to resize my pics so I can post them???

:whoo: Shesa! That's great!!! Way to go-- you're an inspiration for us all!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Good morning, All!

Mal~ congrats on the poundage lost! That's great! Are you starting to feel better all over, or what?

Shesha~Another congrats to you for the loss! You're fill must be doing you well! yeah!

My scale hasn't moved very much. ;) I'm stuck between 42 and 44 lbs. Never moves except back and forth. Even with the SB diet stuff. But I'll stick to it, because I really am starting to feel better. My knees never hurt anymore. That in itself is amazing. I've really not needed my advil or aleve for it. :lol:

My hubby and I headed to the mountains for the wine/art/jazz festival in Breckenridge. DynamoMini's booth looked great! I managed to snag the art work from her that I wanted! (I saw it in her portfolio at Red Robbin night) It looks great in my kitchen! Good Job Dynamo!

We took the long way home and went up through Keystone, A-Basin. I have never been through there and I was more than impressed. We stopped at the Continental Divide and took pics and then we hiked up some creek in Keystone (only hundreds through there). Drank from some well that comes out of the mountain that is supposed to have "healing powers" (along with lots of other people). Then we got stuck in a traffic backup from H**l due to an accident. Can't think of a nicer place to go 20mph for 35 miles! It gave us a chance to see the rock formations and creek better, plus gave us the extra time before we picked up the kids! hee hee:) All in all, a fabulous day!

the first pic is Michelle and Me, I got a pic with the Artist!

The second pic is my hubby Chris and I at the continental divide

The third is an overlook in Keystone

the last two are the creek in Keystone that we hiked into.

Colorado continues to just amaze me. Have a great day, All!

post-216056-1381313539469_thumb.jpg

post-216056-13813135395098_thumb.jpg

post-216056-13813135395432_thumb.jpg

post-216056-13813135395783_thumb.jpg

post-216056-13813135396133_thumb.jpg

Woofay - Thanks for coming to Breckenridge and putting up with the rain. You and your honey are darling together. I wish you many long and happy years. We did pretty well with our ladies. My paintings were more popular, you said that is what drew you in. Smiles. In the morning paper up in Summit county there was a picture of a jazz musician playing with "Mabel" (a large 5 foot wood sculpture) in the background. Funny!

Well, tomorrow I will weigh in. I haven't been really with it for a week now. My binge set me off, I reined in, then cheated some more. It isn't about hunger, it is about coping with stress (even the good kind) and I definitely miss taking care of myself with food. I need to find other ways to care for myself. It's like I've lost a friend. I didn't think I was THAT attached to the food deal, but I am an addict. Wooo - baby!

Hope this rainy, hot Sunday afternoon is treating you right.

Hugs,

Michelle

Hello everyone!

I had my first fill last Thursday. It was easy, painless, and doesn't feel like enough. I thought that I had a 10cc band, but I really have a 10 CM band that holds 4 cc. He put 1.5cc in and I felt fine. I stuck to liquids and soft foods for a couple of days and had chicken last night...just a little. I was at a wedding and I swear I was hungry and wanted more! I just wasn't satisfied all evening, but I stuck it through. I'll be back in Anchorage at the end of the week so maybe I'll ask the doc to put just a little more in? What do you think? I'm tolerating everything else just fine today. Still eating less, but knowing I could eat more (and wanting to).

I don't know if Dr. K does this, but my fill doc had me lay down and lift my legs and out popped my port...easy to find and fill!

When I left Nome I hadn't dropped any pounds, but there are other indicators that something is happening...a ring I haven't been able to wear for 8 years and now it fits comfortably, all my jeans fall off of me, and I bought a pair of capris the other day in a smaller size! So it's all good. I have to admit that I'm astonished when there are folks banded about the same time as I and have lost 20-30 lbs. Don't know how they're doing it; I feel like I'm excersizing and eating the same....hmmm...

Oh!! Thank you all for the well wishes and cheers!! It means so much to me!! I feel like I am so far behind compared to the rest of you. Now that the scale is moving again, I have hope that I too can reach goal!!:clap2:

Woofay...Thanks so much for sharing the great pictures.. It just makes me homesick for my beautiful Colorado.. I can hardly wait to get back home in October.. I sure hope that the pain in my lower back and knees will lessen as I lose weight... It makes it so hard to do anything when the pain is always there...

Marcy.... Wow, Such great willpower to keep from eating more... Even though the scale doesn't show as much all the other indicators seem to show that the pounds are coming off...

Michelle... Hang in there, it will be better tomorrrow.. Just remember your food friend is the reason you gained the weight and I would get rid of that friend and stay with your new friend in your artwork... It would be great if you could post a picture of one of your pieces.. Maybe Woofay will post a picture of the one she bought.

Hope everyone has a great week..

Hi Everyone,

Nickanut - Thanks for the comments. I reestablished my goal. I want to be down 10 pounds before I go to Mexico in mid October, if it isn't blown away by Hurricane Dean. I can do this. You are right. The eating friend is a false one, not commited to my happiness, only to instant gratification.

Woofay - the pics are amazing and so are you.

Mal - hope you are feeling better. I have a body rash, that I had this time last year. What the f....? Anyway, the docs couldn't help me then, and it just went away. I hope it will do that this time.

Drews - you haven't responded to our meeting date Sept 11th or the 4th. I only want to change it if you are for sure gonna show.

Marcy - glad your fill went well. Even tho' you are on the top of the world we are here for you. Hugs.

Hugs to all,

Michelle

Hi Ladies! and Gents!

Woofay~I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful day in the mountians. You look great! You and Chris are soooo adorable!!! I know what you mean abourt the pain in the knees being gone...can you imagine how great we are going feel as the pounds keep coming off?? I already sleep better and my knees after going up and down the stairs...I LOVE it!! Congrats my friend, you are doing fantastic!!

The pictures are great! I LOVE Keystone, one of my favorite places. We usually go at least twice a year, once in the summer and once in the winter. We should really go more often. We also go to B~ridge for the October fest...fun, fun, fun...we rent a huge mountian house and live large!!! LOL

Dynamo~job well done on your booth! You look great too! Let us know how your weigh in goes, I think you will be pleasantly suprised.

Marcy~I started to measure myself (once a month), everywhere...forearms, upperarm, bust,chest, waist, hips, thighs, and calves. When I didn't see a loss in the dreaded scale, I did see an inch loss in myu measurments (except I gained an inch in my calves???). Sounds like you are doing good, how's that fill treating you?

Lap~what's new? How's school? My son went back today (7th grade).

Shesha~you are doing an amazing job staying on task!...you are not behind, you are leaps and bounds ahead!!! We WILL reach our goals..we can do this!

Happy Monday my friends!!!