Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

woofay -- don't feel bad at all! It happens, sometimes you just get a little too tight and you can't tell while you're in the office. I hope they saw you this morning and you're feeling better! Keep usposted.

Woofay,

Please let us know how you are as soon as you can, we are worried about you. Do you have someone to drive you?

Okay, I'm home. That was not fun at all. The Doc called back in like 5 minutes and said to meet him at the crown center at 10. So I had to hustle and get the kids up, dressed, to my mom's, and then headed north to Parker. I made it there at 9:50 and saw him out front. We headed in for the unfill. He took a little out, but everything was so irritated and sore that I couldn't tell if it was enough or not. So, like with Sunnysea, he said he would like to remove it all and let it rest and heal. So, I've had a complete unfill. The only difference at first was that I was able to swallow my spit. (nice, huh?) But within an hour or so I was feeling sooooo much better. He told me to take some pepcid for a few days and make an appointment for next week and we would start the filling thing again. You know, I was kinda embarrassed, but he made me feel better. Can you imagine, he called back within 5 minutes. I am so impressed with him. And he was worried that I was discouraged and upset that I was banded. Heck no! These things happen. Then, I guess because it was all over and I was tired, I fell asleep at my mom's. But I am home now and feeling better.

Thanks for all the support everyone! You're all so sweet! I thought of you right away, Sunnysea. I think my hubby wanted to go to the er, but I knew that would be expensive and would accomplish nothing. I thought, boy, I know someone else who did this...Weird how I was fine while I was in his office. Even on the ride home I was fine and drinking my coffee as usual.

Marcy, I'm so glad that you are feeling well. Or as well as anyone should who just had surgery!

JenniferNAz~good luck tomorrow. You really are in good hands!

Thanks for posting Woofay, I am so glad to hear that you are doing well. Sorry to hear about the total unfill, you have a GREAT attitude, you are right things like this can happen. Hope you are up to Red Robin tomorrow night.

Oh Woofay - What drama! OMG you have been to hell and back. It is great that Dr. K is right there, wow, not many docs call back within 5 minutes. I'm impressed! I hope you feel well enough to go to Red Robin tomorrow night. Hugs! You know it is good to know that others have been there and back. I get a fill tomorrow, I feel nervous after reading this.

Mal - I am so glad the pounds are dropping off. You sound like you are close to your sweet spot. Happy Anniversary!

Marcy - Welcome to bandland. Hope you can make it on your way to the airport.

All who are available to be social are welcome to come to Red Robin at 7pm Arapahoe and I25. We are a wonderful support group, a little outside the office setting.

Best wishes - see you soon,

Marcy- I just checked on the TSA site and it says all liquid medications (both prescription and OTC) are allowed even if above 3 oz. I was wondering the same thing. I figured it would be ok with the pharmacy bottle, but was not so sure about the tylenol. If you can, you might want to go to TSA.gov and print out where it says you can bring it, just to have proof if anything happens.

Woofay - I am so glad that you got the unfill and all is ok now. You will get back on track without a problem next week I bet.

Dynamomini - I now know where you are talking about. I actually stayed right by there last night, although I didn't see the Red Robin. I even went back there today after meeting with Dr. K to stop by the Target. I probably won't get out until around 5, so I doubt I will be there, but I will in spirit. I sure wish I could, but I will be back for fills, so I am sure I will be able to hook up with you guys one of these days!

My meeting with Dr. K was great. Everything was basically just like everyone had said, so nothing was really a surprise, which was good.

Mary was very nice and friendly with me and remembered that I had talked with her the first time I called in. Is Marilyn the one with straight dark (with a little gray) shoulder lenght hair? She spoke with me a few times but didn't introduce herself. I didn't want to say, so, who are you? She already knew who I was.

Jennifer

Dynamo~wow, my "sweet spot" already, could that be? Sure would be nice! Thanks for remembering my anniversay! 20 years...I don't know where the time went. We went out for dinner (Olive Garden), I ate a lot more than I thought I would, but it was soooooo goooooood!I will deffinatly be working out before Red Robin tonight. How is your ankle? I hope you are getting around without any problems.

Jennifer~Marylyn is the very nice lady that has short grey hair, she is usually sitting at the desk. Wishing you a smooth surgery and easy recovery! Remember to walk, walk, and walk some more!! Keep us posted on your recovery.

I recieved my Ledger Detail and my reciept yesterday. If you want one, I guess you need to request it. Ask for Robin.

Woofay~How are ya' doin today?

8675309~good luck with your phone consult today! Come back and let us know how your doing!

Good morning, All! Wow, had a lot to read this morning. My hubby and I went to bed at 9:30 last night to catch up on some missed sleep. I feel just fine and normal today. I haven't tried to eat anything yet, but everything else feels just like always. Yeah! I took antiacids yesterday and they really seemed to do the trick. Gotta make an appointment for next week today. Let's start filling her up! I ate some last night, (had only been a day and a half) and things were still a little scratchy and sore and definately swollen. Couldn't do very much, but was food! I guess the upside to this is, I've pretty much done the very worst there is, so all fears are gone! Been there, done that!

The deal with the leak though...the day before when he calibrated I was at 2.1 cc. When he pulled everything out yesterday there was 1.7cc. He said with that info he didn't think there was a leak. He said they usually leak faster than that. And I guess with the kind of pressure that was on it yesterday, even a small hole would leak pretty quickly. I dunno. Shouldn't they be the same? None of the fluids in this sucker have matched up. Drews~you've been there done that. What do you think? How did you guys figure it out? Now that's it empty again and starting over, lets see if things match. I imagine that he will calibrate every time now to see what is going on.

Marcy~ How are you feeling? Good I hope. It's better and better everyday!

JenniferNAz~ Our thoughts are with you today. Here's to a perfect outcome!:gluck:

Woofay,

So happy to hear that you are feeling much better! and again, I admire your atitude!

]

See ya later

Hey Gang...just checking in w/y'all to see how you're doing!

Woofay, looks like you've been through a tought time but are fortunate enough that Dr. K is local!! your story reminds me again why I stayed in the US :) Cause even though I don't live in state, I know he's still readily available! Glad to hear you're feeling better.

I have been on a pleateau for the past two months. Didn't go up or down no matter what I seemed to do. I knew i didn't need another fill b/c most days I could feel the band working when I ate, but wouldn't you know I went on vacation last week and lost 4 pounds!!!?? WEIRD!!!

so it seems the change in scenery did me good! :)

Hope you're all doing well.....talk to ya soon!

Hurray, VABandster! How great is that that you can lose weight on vacation! Don't you think you should go on a bunch more and get super thin?! Sounds like a plan!

Hi all!

I am looking forward to seeing you all tonight!

Woof.... I would be happy to discuss my leak experience with you tonight!

Woofay...No kidding huh?? ;) If only I had the time off and the $$ to I would!! :)

Drews...nice new pic! you're lookin HOT GIRL!!! :)

Feel like I'm kinda butting in here... this is a MONSTER thread! I think it is so awesome that you all try to get together in person - how fun and supportive!

I've been asking Marilyn a million questions and I understand they are crazy busy right now. Thought I'd ask the experts here...

None of Marilyn's responses to me in email has discussed any pre-op testing (blood work, EKG, etc) so are you responsible to have those tests done on your own and results forwarded to Dr. K's office?

I'm in Tampa, just like lap_dancer. I am hoping for surgery in January next year. Being a Floridian, am I going to freeze my tushie off? :guess Am I crazy for traveling that time of year?

I'd rather not wait, but we are adopting a newborn and the birthmother is due in a few weeks! Surprise! I'm a huge planner and it's been a little nuts around here!! DH and the little one will be coming with me to CO and I'd rather her not be so young. Did Dr. K give you any restrictions as to how much weight you should not lift for a few weeks?

Jennifer - I know your surgery is today. Hope you have a speedy recovery!