Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Yeah, Dynamo!!!!! We've been waiting to hear from ya! So glad everything went well for you! The cotton mouth is hell, isn't it? Do you still have that patch behind your ear? If you do, get rid of it. It really causes cotton mouth. Glad to see you posting and I hope the soreness goes away quickly. Are you still in the "I can't believe I did it" phase? I'm still there. Woo hoo! We're bandsters!!!!!

congrats on being banded. I was banded 4/13/07 and same thing surgery on Friday spent the night came home Saturday and weighed. FREAK OUT

I was up 10 lbs too. My mind knew it was all the fluids and gas but still I did not like to see that. Now 4/18/07 and that 10 lbs gone plus 3 more. So give it a few days. Keep up the fluids and it will get washed out of your system. My doc gave me a brand new drug for nausea before sugery that lasts 40 hrs. It was a miracle. I always have horrible nausea and nothing with this surgery. When I find out the name I will pass it on for further banders.

Keep up the good work every day gets better.

Tater Bug....how are you doing?

Collector & Dynamomini, glad to hear you are doing good!

I can't wait to be banded! I just got off the phone with Paula for the consult, she is sooo nice! She sure did make it sound easy...three meals a day, protien shakes between meals and drink Water?! GOD I hope I can do it!!!

Hey everyone! I'm done! I'm now WITH THE BAND!

Surgery went very smoothly but took a bit longer than anticipated. I'm still having a tad bit difficulty breating but that is a combination of being at a high altitude when I live right on the Gulf of Mexico as well as a bit of an allergy issue.

The facilities at Parker are divine! Stellar amenities with a lovely floor to ceiling cut stone fireplace and marble floors.

Dr. Kirshenbaum is more than I expected and then some. What a superb doctor. Put's you at ease and is superb with communication.

I recommend the Holiday Inn Select across from the surgery center. So close and my last meal was not in the hotel (steep prices) but two restaurants over at a Texas steak house. The vegetable beef Soup gets 5 stars.

My stomach feels fine. I have five incisions but they feel so minor, like the dogs jumped on me when I get home from work and leave a mark.

Right now I'm on Clear liquids, sipping green tea, Propel, and Soups...brothy ones. I FEEL FULL! amazing.

I'll write back when I get home. I have pictures and I met Sunny in the lobby of Dr. K's office. I got photos of this divine sweet woman as well as Marilyn, Dr. K and the PA.

Everyone take care and talk soon.

Lap Dancer...still in Parker. Co

Yay Dynamo and Lap Dancer! Tater bug, I hope all went well!

This thread is driving me nuts. I'm jealous of you all, lol.

Hurray Lap Dancer! You did it! I'm so glad that everything went well! I've been thinking of you and DynamoMini for two days now! Bring on the weight loss!

Today was Angie and Tater's turn...hope they went through well too.

Woo hoo for us and our positive direction toward life! Now it's Mal's and Spot's turn. I hope time flies for you!

Hey Guys!

2nd time ended up being the best! It was funny, they knew who I was at check in and all the way threw without me telling them. I had mostly the same staff but for 3 people. This time I actually remember the OR room... last week I didn't remember much of anything!

They let my family know after I was successful incubated. I know that my fam was pretty nervous about that. Was rolled back about 9:30ish. and was wake and getting dressed at noon. I like those recliners... I left and started back home about 1. I kept catching cat naps in the chairs.

I dont have what I would call "pain"... just very droggy, and an uncomfortable feeling in my tummy. I feel so much better this go round then I did last week! and I didn't get sick!!!!! YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!

Yes.. I even took a bucket with me in the car just in case.. but I didn't need it. So far not any sign of nausea.. I hope that it will stay that way. The nurses did go ahead and give me another shot of anit nausea meds right before I left because agian.. of how I reacted last week.

Woofay, I totally agree that potholes suck!! We hit a few coming home and they were not fun.

Lapdancer and Dynamo I am so happy to hear that things went well. Sorry Dynamo to hear that you had to use the anti nausea stuff, but thank goodness you have them and that they work!

Angie... I am sorry that I missed you down there today. I pray that things go as well or better for you then they did me, and since I had a very smooth run with it.. that would be awesome for you!

Question guys.. right afterwards.. or well.. the day of.. did you find that if you took a normal or larger size sip of CL that it was umm;.. maybe a little discomfort". I cant figure out the correct word... not pain.. but not pleasant. It is easily avoided by taking small sips. I am just so used to chuggin' liquids that first larger sip was a shock. But am adjusting. Just wondered if anyone else ran into that.

Well.. I think that I am going to go take a nap again.

Thanks everyone for all the prayers, good thoughts, and love sent our way! We did it! Finally on the other side!

To those who are coming up for surgery... it will be great! As always you will be in my prayers!

Misty and lapDancer = Yeah!

Misty I got my first kind of foamy feedback today. Weird, just lost of white foam. I guess I overdid the liquids, if you can imagine.

Collector - thanks, I though perhaps they inserted some rocks or something to have that kind of weight gain when I was on a very healthy preop diet was disconcerting. I think I will stay off the scale until it's been a week.

Other than the foamy stuff, I am beginning to feel my energy again. Yeah!

Walked halfway down and up the block. It felt good. I just don't know how much is too much too soon. I am sooooo comitted to this losing process. Off and running. I have a Post Op appointment next Thursday at 10am.

Hugs and blessings to you all; without you I wouldn't be here.

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing good!! Just a short month ago, I was where you are now. Tomorrow, I'm headed in for my first fill! I fly out of here at 7 in the morning and have a 10am appointment with the grand doctor! My weight loss has slowed this week once I have gone back to regular foods, so I'm hoping the fill will help me out! Good luck to everyone who recently "became with band"!!

Hi all! I am banded. I made it to the other-side. I actually met a lady yesterday from Milwaukee and did not get her name but I do think she posts on this page? Anyway if that is you (?) please let me know who you are. I also saw taterbug in recovery and was trying feverisly to wave at her as I was going in but she did not see me. She looked GREAT.

Anyway,

I am feeling good. Very little pain this far and just had a wonderful popsicle <--- however it is spelt. I will tell more tomorrow as I am really sleepy and not sure if this is making much sense!

Congratulations Angie, glad to hear all went well! How are you feeling today?

Tater Bug, I am sooo happy for you that things went well this time. I can't wait to hear of your success!

Machele, let us know how that first fill goes.

Lap Dancer, good to hear that you are feeling better!

I will be joining you all in May! I am excited to follow your successes, you guys lead and I will follow!!! I can't wait to get mt "ticker" moving! Keep up the good work! You gals are awesome!!

Good morning, Mal. If I remember right, you're a local? I guess we are pretty lucky from what I've heard fills can cost.

I think I am finally starting to calm down from everything. Haven't needed any pain med for a while and the swelling in my gut is going down. The only problem I have had is a reaction to the tape they use over the incisions. I have some of the biggest, itchiest welts/hives on my tummy. Doctor told me to remove the tapes, which I did, but they don't seem to be getting any better. I left the tape over the port site cuz it seems so big and I don't want my guts to fall out! Hee hee! I've hit the calm after the storm and I've finally let some of the family know I had it done. (actually, gramma told most everyone! Aren't they cute? Hee hee!) I guess the real work comes after all the healing. I think that I have lost more weight now than I have in quite some time.

We'll hafta try and get us all together so we can meet, maybe at the next meeting. We'll pack his little waiting room right up!

Hope everyone is feeling well today! ;)

Woofay.. I saw a thread on here from someone else who had a reaction to the tape.. Seems to me that they too took the tape off and used a small amount of benidril (Sp) cream around the redness but not on the incissions. I have tried to find that thread but of course now that I am looking for it I cant find it. That might help you though. just remember to get close but not touch your ouchies!