Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Don't worry about the suppositories! They are only "as needed" and I didn't need them, and know a lot of other people haven't needed them either. They're for anti-nasuea, but I just kept the patch on that they gave me at the surgical center for a few days and I was fine.

Don't worry about the suppositories! They are only "as needed" and I didn't need them, and know a lot of other people haven't needed them either. They're for anti-nasuea, but I just kept the patch on that they gave me at the surgical center for a few days and I was fine.

VA is right! The suppositories are for after surgery... the patch they give you at the surgical center works great too!! I kept mine on for 4 days. If you don't get one at the hospital, just ask for a dramamine patch, they are the same thing. Dr. K also requests that you use a Ducolax suppository the day before surgery. Not many of us used them as well. Just make sure you empty your bowels before you have surgery. They ask you about that when you are giving all your pre-op information. "Last time you ate or drank..." that kind of stuff... Dr. K is really a great doctor and he will answer any of your questions!! I'm so glad I chose him! :first:

Good luck with everything!

Machele - Wow! You have done so well losing weight. Hurrah!

Amazing 25 pounds in less than a month. I want to be you and you are well on your way to Onderland. Thanks for the suppository info. I do get sick from anesthesia, so they better do something for me or I'll be throwing up a lot.

I am going tomorrow for my consult with Dr. Kirshenbaum, I wish I was going in for surgery tomorrow! I wonder how soon I can get in after the consult? Do I need to have another appointment the day before surgery and the day after?

After reading about Dr. K here, I am very pleased with choosing him.

Thanks to everyone for all the great information!

Hey everyone...just got back from Las Vegas...very fun, even without cocktails! (Paula told me no way before the surgery!) Got to see Josh Groban at the MGM Grand and it was great! (My Christmas present from my hubby) And somehow, I managed to stay on my hi-pro diet. (no cheese cake buffet for me...:cry ) But I had a lot of shrimp and prime rib...mmmm. I guess pretty soon a lot less will do it for me. I'm down 12 pounds since the pre-op diet started, and all the walking on the strip.:clap2:

Tater, I did know that it was in Parker, which is good for me because I'm in the Springs so it's a little closer. Hope that the weather is better than today. The drive home from Denver this morning was nail biting. I'm not sure how many people I saw crash on the way through Castle Rock, and how many more close calls. (25?)

Machele, thanks for letting us know that it's easier than this huge deal we are making in our heads. I'm still pretty uptight, even after an awsome weekend.

My pre-op consult is tomorrow at 2:30 and I'm really getting excited! OMG! 5 more days!

Hi Woofay,

Vegas!!! Happy to hear you had a nice time. I am going in June.

I am having my consult tomorrow at 4:00 with Dr. K. I live in Centennial/SE Aurora. We are so fortunate to have Dr. K so close. Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted on your big day!

Machele - Wow! You have done so well losing weight. Hurrah!

Amazing 25 pounds in less than a month. I want to be you and you are well on your way to Onderland. Thanks for the suppository info. I do get sick from anesthesia, so they better do something for me or I'll be throwing up a lot.

Thanks for the hurrah!! But part of that loss was from the pre-op diet too. I can't weight to get to Onderland! :clap2: I have not been there in almost 20 years!! :) I am still on soft foods, and even though they say that the first 6 weeks is for healing, you still lose weight being on liquids. I have been nauseous from anesthesia before as well and the patch behind the ear did wonders for me!

Good luck to all of you be banded soon! Your "loser" time is close!

Woofay - It's been a long time since I've been in Vegas. Soundes like you had a great time. I hear you, we all have to retrain ourselves not to think of good times = lots of food (cheesecake is a fav or mine,too).

I need to go shopping for clear stuff to drink for PostOp. I am so excited. I wish my date was tomorrow.

Best wishes to all you getting your surgeries this week. Let us know how it goes.

Tater - What's this about suppositories? What other drugs do we take? I have my preop next thursday, day before your surgery.

Michelle

Hey Dynamo..

He will want you to get Hipacleanse. I know I did not spell that correctly.. and wash with that the day of surgery.. and then a suppository (cant remember the name) the night before to clean out the track (I am gonna ask others if they did this because being on the high Protein is already having me close to any bath room.. so there cant be much left to clean out). the anti vomit med perscription comes in a suppository. the pain and anti inflamitory(sp) comes in liquid.< /p>

Oh.. did I mention that I was schuduled in the aurora building but now changed to Parker? Just wanted to let you know.

Kirsten and Machele!

THANK YOU!!!!!! I was so worried bout the pre op one as well.. yea.. I dont think that I will take it and I pray that I wont need the anti nausa one for after.. you guys have made me feel So much better!

Now.. I really cant wait..

I haven't even weighed myself since I have been on pre op diet.

Mal..

There is a consultation, then a pre op appointment (mine was a week before others have theirs the day before).. I dont have to go back Monday or Tues but I am sure that there will be instructions for a post op visist at sometime. Just not sure when.

Tater - Thanks for the info. I too am going to Parker. Everyone says it is a great facility. I like that it is a new facility. I think there is less of a chance to catch an infection. I am getting excited and a little scared. Ready to "git 'er dun". I think I am going to wear a mu mu and sandals to surgery. They would be the easiest thing to wear afterward. And i probably won't wear any underwear. How sexy is that?

Friday will be here soon. Best wishes.

OMG!! for my birthday my hubby took me to see Larry the Cableguy.. I almost peed my pants I was laughting so hard!

I actually was trying on alot of my clothes to figure out what I will wear home.. and what I can wear the following week to work. I dont have a mu mu.. I sure do wish I did. I have picked out a long and baggy denium dress..

OH... either NO Bra or I went and got some Sports bras... my mom made the mistake of a normal on after her surgery and she cried all the way home.. so.. I have some sport ones to wear afterwards until the incisions are healed.

I never considered the "no undies".. hummmm... I might have to give that some thought... but what if it cold? :) hehe

Tater, it's supposed to be more than cold on Friday. It's supposed to storm big time. I'll find out today if there is a chance for cancelation related to the weather. How far are you coming? It's only an hour from here, but the roads north can be kinda rough. Old highway 86 is my most direct route, but it isn't as well maintained during storms as I-25. Maybe I should stay the night in Parker Thursday night to make sure I can get there? I'm so excited and twiterpated over this that my mind goes a hundred miles an hour.

I, too, am a bit freaked out over the suppository thing. I haven't had to deal with anything like that since high school when I had a flu from hell. (was too sick to care)

Mal, you'll like the Doc. He'll put you at eaze about the whole thing and your decision to change yourself. We'll probably miss each other in the office, so let us know how it goes.

No undies, huh? What about that car crash your mom always warns you about? Not only should you have them, they should be clean, if not brand new. And you should bring extra just in case the undie-stealing gnomes get to them in the surgicenter! Hee hee! Have a great day!:)

Thanks for the infoTater Bug! I am hoping to get a surgery date on a Friday and return to work on Monday. I can sit and take it easy if I need to, I just can't really take much time off.

Woofay and Tater Bug, I am soooo excited for you two, this Friday that is great, I wish I was joining you!!

Well - the undie argument is on. I don't know about you, but my sports bra - while it doesn't have underwire - it is tight. Definitely - no bra for me. Remember, I am a child of the 60's. It's in my blood. They are predicting snow on Friday, but what the h--- it is snowing forever in Denver!

You might want to splurge on a mu mu - Dillard's used to have them in the loungerie section.

Best to both you Friday Bandsters. I am jealous. I want this baby done.