Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Shesha, I wanted to ask you about the Dean Care Center in Madison. I called the other day finally and was told that my 1st appt. may not include a fill! I told them that I was 4 hours away and she said there was no way to be sure, it was up to the doctor if he had time after the consultation:confused: Did you meet with them yet? The person I talked to was just different, I don't know maybe she was having a bad day!?!? I guess I will have to pick aday to go down and get that 1st visit done with because when I need a fill I can't drive there one day and go back the next. Granted I am happy there is this option for us it just seemed kinda shitee. I won't be able to fly to Denver everytime even though I wish I could, I trust Dr. Kirshenbaum, maybe he would like Wisconsin,lol. Also does anybody know if he is just doing surgeries at the Hospital now? I liked the surgerical center where we had ours done. And if so I would think the price would go up with it being at a Hospital???? How is your fill working out? Sunnysea

Marjon9, How are you? I was just wondering, did you have a fill yet???? I have my 1st one scheduled for 4/16 with Dr. K, my sister gave me some of her frequent miles.:) Sunnysea

I have not been there yet. I had JUST a consultation scheduled, and then the Dr canceled 'cause he was sick.

So, I called back to reschedule, and told her I wanted a fill. She asked when my last fill was. I told her 3/16. She said the recommend that I wait 4-6 weeks for the next one and scheduled my appt for May 1st.

I think I'll call back and verify that he'll give me a fill and a consultation at the same time, though. Thanks for the heads up!

Shesha, I wanted to ask you about the Dean Care Center in Madison. I called the other day finally and was told that my 1st appt. may not include a fill! I told them that I was 4 hours away and she said there was no way to be sure, it was up to the doctor if he had time after the consultation:confused: Did you meet with them yet? The person I talked to was just different, I don't know maybe she was having a bad day!?!? I guess I will have to pick aday to go down and get that 1st visit done with because when I need a fill I can't drive there one day and go back the next. Granted I am happy there is this option for us it just seemed kinda shitee. I won't be able to fly to Denver everytime even though I wish I could, I trust Dr. Kirshenbaum, maybe he would like Wisconsin,lol. Also does anybody know if he is just doing surgeries at the Hospital now? I liked the surgerical center where we had ours done. And if so I would think the price would go up with it being at a Hospital???? How is your fill working out? Sunnysea

Also does anybody know if he is just doing surgeries at the Hospital now? I liked the surgerical center where we had ours done. And if so I would think the price would go up with it being at a Hospital????

Sunnysea,

When I had my pre-op consult he told me that he would still be doing some of his surgeries at the center across the street from his office. But he wanted to branch out and that's why he has started doing some of his surgeries in Parker at the hospital. He did not say anything about the price and I didn't ask...

Sunnysea,

When I had my pre-op consult he told me that he would still be doing some of his surgeries at the center across the street from his office. But he wanted to branch out and that's why he has started doing some of his surgeries in Parker at the hospital. He did not say anything about the price and I didn't ask...

Thanks Machele, How are you doing now? As you probably read, I am getting a fill on the 16th, i'm ready!:P Sunnysea

Sunnysea,

Good luck on your fill.

My first fill is on the 19th. :clap2: I talked to Paula yesterday and since I am still very swollen and its painful, she wants me to be on liquids for 5 more days. Then I will have a week + of mushies. Hopefully, then I will only have less then a week or so of regular foods before my fill. I don't want to get to the point that I can eat everything in sight and I can't stop myself! :hungry:

Marjon9, How are you? I was just wondering, did you have a fill yet???? I have my 1st one scheduled for 4/16 with Dr. K, my sister gave me some of her frequent miles.:P Sunnysea

Hi sunnysea, thanks for asking. I am still a fill-free bandster. My restriction has loosened up a little, so I am not PBing much any more. But the restriction I have is still enough for now. I'm still losing. Slower now, but still losing. I'm down to 305 now. Twoterville is just over the horizon.

That will be a good day when I arrive.

My wife and I are going on a short vacation next week. When we return I may start to plan for a fill. If my restriction loosens up too much more, it won't be good.

The thing I am afraid of a little bit is, once I need restriction, it may be hard to get it back. I'm afraid it will take 6 fills, 6 months, and $2000 to get there. That's just speculation, I may get restriction with one fill. But you never know.

Anyway, thanks for asking. I've been lucky so far, not needing a fill yet.

I see that our bunch of busy bandsters is doing well. Howdy to Kirstin and Shesha and Drewslou. The Dr. K group is getting so big now it's hard to keep track of everyone.

Talk to y'all later.

Hey everyone! Just want to say hello! I ‘officially’ start my pre op diet tomorrow but have already been on it for several days for the most part. I was even good and got a salmon salad when my family wanted to go and check out a new bar-b-q rib place. It was okay.. I guess that best part of that trip was I have learned that I don’t like cold salmon! YUCK. But I tried… I am so ready for this surgery.. I can’t wait.. I am so very excited!

Just wondering if this has happened to any of you.. lately, oh the last week or so, my hubby has been ‘crabby’, my daughter ‘clingy’ (which I love but she is doing it more then normal), and my mom ‘needy’. They all talk about the surgery and are 100% supportive, but oh I don’t know. It’s like they support me but also.. are afraid for me to have the surgery. I am trying to keep this thought in mind that they are suppose to worry.. but I feel on edge with them feeling the way they are. I have tried talking to them and they say they are happy and excited but I see the worry. Any suggestions on what might help them? Or me?

Hey everyone! Just want to say hello! I ‘officially’ start my pre op diet tomorrow but have already been on it for several days for the most part. I was even good and got a salmon salad when my family wanted to go and check out a new bar-b-q rib place. It was okay.. I guess that best part of that trip was I have learned that I don’t like cold salmon! YUCK. But I tried… I am so ready for this surgery.. I can’t wait.. I am so very excited!

Just wondering if this has happened to any of you.. lately, oh the last week or so, my hubby has been ‘crabby’, my daughter ‘clingy’ (which I love but she is doing it more then normal), and my mom ‘needy’. They all talk about the surgery and are 100% supportive, but oh I don’t know. It’s like they support me but also.. are afraid for me to have the surgery. I am trying to keep this thought in mind that they are suppose to worry.. but I feel on edge with them feeling the way they are. I have tried talking to them and they say they are happy and excited but I see the worry. Any suggestions on what might help them? Or me?

A big change in your life equals a big change in their lives. I think it's pretty normal that they are stressed. I don't think there is much you can do about it. Everyone will feel relieved when you finish the surgery and cross over to The Light Side. Until then, just take it a day at a time.

Thanks Mark! I did not think of it that way... it is a change in their lives as well..

Good thing there is a liquid diet after surgery.. my tongue will need a break from me biting it so much..:speechles LOL

Howdy Mark! Glad to see you're still around! I have just had the one fill. Sometimes I have a lot of restriction, othertimes very little. I haven't lost any weight in the past week or so. Guess I need to be making even better choices... :)

I am going in for a bit of an unfill on Thursday morning and I can't wait! My scale has not budged in 5 weeks now. I am now officially down to a size 14 now though! The last time I was a 14 I weighed about 170... now I'm 210ish. Isn't that weird??

Drews - I bet you are just in such better shape, or the dress manufacturers are changing the size statistics, who knows, you are looking FABULOUS and that is all that counts. Sometimes I want to throw the scale into the ocean.

Skate away!