Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I'm doing great Kristen, thanks for asking. A little nervous, but OK. Yes, we head to the airport on Sunday, banding on Tuesday. I'm a little worried about the Denver weather, it looks like there could still be some problems with travel. But I'm hoping for the best on that. I'll report in when I return!

I see you've lost 20 pounds already, before your first fill. You must be a very serious-minded bandster! I hope you are recovering well. Talk to you later.

Mark

Mark, Glad to hear you're doing ok! Don't worry, I'm sure everything will go fine! I talked to my sister last night and she said the snow is mostly for tomorrow and Friday, so you should be clear on Sunday. I know I need to be to get home on Sun. b/c I'm starting a new job on Monday! :)

I'm actually at 22 pounds down now...but that includes my preop weight loss of 10 pounds, so really its only 12 since surgery. But I haven't gained, so that's a good thing!! ;-)

I will check in on Friday after I get my fill! And I'll make sure I tell Dr. K to give you the VIP treatment :)

Hi All!

Just checking in. I have been in Milwaukee for the past 4 days. I live in a small town in Northern WI, so when I get to the 'big city" it's like coming out of a cave! Went a little crazy shopping. Didn't do too bad eating, but still ate a bit too much since we ate out three meals a day.

I start my preop diet Monday. Yee haw!

I am also starting a new job tomorrow! I haven't worked in 15 months, but the opportunity presented itself, so I took it. Back to the business world!

Yes, I am crazy, new job, banding... yikes!

Yay for Marjon, headin' to Denver! I can't believe your day is almost here! It went by so fast!

Shesha!! Congrats on starting your preop!! You must feel like it's finally happening, huh??

Congrats on the job too! What will you be doing?? I am starting a new job myself on Monday (which is why I"m getting my fill at 4 weeks instead of 6 b/c I didn't want to have to explain so soon in my new job why I needed a day off). ;)

I'm heading to CO tonight and will be getting my first fill tomorrow, and will be back on Sunday. Mark....hope you have a safe flight on Sunday, I'll probably pass you at DIA ;-) lol....check in w/us as soon as you can to let us know how it all goes!

Hi Shesha, Well I looked into having my fills with NEW Surgical Associates in Green Bay WI. After many phone calls and emails to Mary I was told that they only do a $1,500 1 year fill package but that it doesn't include any tests! Oh yes by the way that is only after you follow up with your surgeon that placed the band for the 1st year!!!!!:angry Isn't that a bunch of crap! Lot of good that would do, what about people that are banded and move to a differant state? They also went on to say that I should be very careful about leaving the area because the followup is just as important as the surgery, and their main concern was for my well being and that I shouldn't take chances with my health!:bored Maybe it's a blessing that I had to cancel my surgery with them because I couldn't come up with all of the cash. It would of been conveinent and the support group would have been nice. I will be very anxious to hear how everything goes for you in Colorado, I think I will give them a call. You said that you live in Northern WI, I live in Marinette WI. Good luck with your surgery:nervous Sunnysea :huggie:

DANG Is it COLD IN CO!!!!! Official Temp..... -1F!!!!

I am heading out shortly for my first fill (as long as I don't freeze to death on the way!) LOL

Will check in later!!

Yes it was!!! DrewsLou ROCKS!! :P It was so cool meeting you and Thanks again for the clothes!! They are great! Some were a little tight still, but I figure in about 10 more pounds they should look gooood! ;-)

I made it home in one piece yesterday after waiting an hour for takeoff b/c we had to get de Iced.

Marjon...we're hoping you're doing well and that things go well tomorrow! Can't wait to see you report back!

I'm glad you liked the clothes! It's always nice to pass things on to someone you know. It was awesome meeting you... and your sister! We will have to get together every time you come out!

Sitting on the runway must have sucked. What a lovely frigid weekend for you to come to CO!

marjon9... good luck to you! Post soon and let us know how you are doing!

omg...it was a shock when I came home to 65 degree weather!! LOL

But yeah, we'll definitely have to get together each time I come out so we can take our "progress" pictures!! ;-)

Hi Shesha, Well I looked into having my fills with NEW Surgical Associates in Green Bay WI. After many phone calls and emails to Mary I was told that they only do a $1,500 1 year fill package but that it doesn't include any tests! Oh yes by the way that is only after you follow up with your surgeon that placed the band for the 1st year!!!!!:angry Isn't that a bunch of crap! Lot of good that would do, what about people that are banded and move to a differant state? They also went on to say that I should be very careful about leaving the area because the followup is just as important as the surgery, and their main concern was for my well being and that I shouldn't take chances with my health!:bored Maybe it's a blessing that I had to cancel my surgery with them because I couldn't come up with all of the cash. It would of been conveinent and the support group would have been nice. I will be very anxious to hear how everything goes for you in Colorado, I think I will give them a call. You said that you live in Northern WI, I live in Marinette WI. Good luck with your surgery:nervous Sunnysea :P

Hey Sunnysea!

Thanks for letting me know re: NEW Surgical Associates. Everything happens for a reason. They weren't the place for you. Maybe Dr. Kirshenbaum is! =o)

I will keep you posted on my journey. Hopefully we can continue to help each other out.

I live near Wausau. I have been to Marinette/Menomonee a few times though, (we go camping in the UP once a year) so I know where you're at!

Shesha!! Congrats on starting your preop!! You must feel like it's finally happening, huh??

Congrats on the job too! What will you be doing?? I am starting a new job myself on Monday (which is why I"m getting my fill at 4 weeks instead of 6 b/c I didn't want to have to explain so soon in my new job why I needed a day off). :P

I'm heading to CO tonight and will be getting my first fill tomorrow, and will be back on Sunday. Mark....hope you have a safe flight on Sunday, I'll probably pass you at DIA ;-) lol....check in w/us as soon as you can to let us know how it all goes!

Thanks! Yes, I do feel like the ball is finally rolling! I did real well today on my first day of pre op... nothing for Breakfast (I got up late.. ugh) a salad for lunch and scrambled eggs with ham for dinner. I just had an apple for some Fiber. Hopefully it's not too high in carbs!

As for the job, I am in IT in the employee benefits field. I did this for a few years before I had my baby. I was getting bored at home so I decided to go back to work. So far it's been going well. They knew that I would need some time off for surgery before I took the job. I have to go back to work only 5 days after being banded though, so I hope I am a quick healer!