Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Great to see everyone! Dee, where is our cute girls photo??

I can't figure out how to post it. I've tried several months when we've had gathering before, but since they changed the site, I can't do it.

Anyone know how to post a photo here?

Did you pocket dial me today around 1630?

I can't figure out how to post it. I've tried several months when we've had gathering before, but since they changed the site, I can't do it.

Oh bummer..I looked at the insert image choices, seems you need a URL, so that makes no sense to me. Maybe one of the younger hipper LPT members will know? ha!

Not sure about the dialing, sorry, have phone in my scrub pants pocked today.

Oh bummer..I looked at the insert image choices, seems you need a URL, so that makes no sense to me. Maybe one of the younger hipper LPT members will know? ha!

Not sure about the dialing, sorry, have phone in my scrub pants pocked today.

I know, I feel so stupid! And sad!

I'll post it on FB.

If that's okay with everyone!

I love the clothes you gave me! Love Love Lov e the skirts and dresses and shorts! I'm taking the skirts to Mexico with me!

thank yoyu so much for always being so kind and supportive and helping me stay dressed!

the world thanks you too!!!

You are so welcome!! I love the good karma of sharing clothes with my lap band buddies. And if anybody has size 12's, please send my way..I have almost nothing that fits for the summer.

One more request...if any of you are thrift store shoppers, I'm looking for a GIANT wood fork and spoon kitchen wall decoration, like on the tv show "everybody loves raymond" in his mother's kitchen.

You are so welcome!! I love the good karma of sharing clothes with my lap band buddies. And if anybody has size 12's, please send my way..I have almost nothing that fits for the summer.

One more request...if any of you are thrift store shoppers, I'm looking for a GIANT wood fork and spoon kitchen wall decoration, like on the tv show "everybody loves raymond" in his mother's kitchen.

Got it! I do frequent the Goodwill, ARC and other stores! I will let you know if I see one!

Hey Miss Dee, Hit REPLY, you'll get a box like WORD, you'll see the tabs for Bold, Italic, underline, slash through, keep going until you see emoticon, link and then a photo, that's the insert photo tab.

You are in my heart. HUGS. Wish I was going with you.

Hi Everybody!

I couldn't find the "Considering Dr. K thread" on here...it is because we all have been so delinquent in posting! So everybody come on, post and give us all an update on how you are doing!!!

I am almost 3 years out now, and have 5 annoying lbs to go. Couldn't be happier with having the band. My birthday is Sunday, and I am walking my first 10k, so wish me luck.

Red Robin night anybody??? Planning ahead, next month is insane. How about Sunday 9/11 at 7pm?

Hi Everybody!

I couldn't find the "Considering Dr. K thread" on here...it is because we all have been so delinquent in posting! So everybody come on, post and give us all an update on how you are doing!!!

I am almost 3 years out now, and have 5 annoying lbs to go. Couldn't be happier with having the band. My birthday is Sunday, and I am walking my first 10k, so wish me luck.

Red Robin night anybody??? Planning ahead, next month is insane. How about Sunday 9/11 at 7pm?

Well, lets see... an update on me: I have gained about 30 pounds since my band removal :blink: . I hate that this has happened, but I guess thems the breaks. Just had my knee replaced 3 weeks ago today. Doing OK, but still in a lot of pain... though I am starting to get around a bit better. Can't wait til I can walk again, I want to get exercising and hopefully not gain any more.

Nora, are you sure of that date in Sept? I would love to get together when you have some time.

Well, lets see... an update on me: I have gained about 30 pounds since my band removal :blink: . I hate that this has happened, but I guess thems the breaks. Just had my knee replaced 3 weeks ago today. Doing OK, but still in a lot of pain... though I am starting to get around a bit better. Can't wait til I can walk again, I want to get exercising and hopefully not gain any more.

Nora, are you sure of that date in Sept? I would love to get together when you have some time.

Julie!

I'm sorry to hear about your gain! That's so frustrating! I've been seriously considering the Sleeve. I fear that I may lose my band at one time in the future, either near or far and fear that I haven't learned enough and my addiction to food will return and I will gain! It's an intense fear, I have. I am very sorry! I'm glad, however, to hear that you had your knee replaced! I hope your pain leaves and your new knee is better than ever! September 11 - works for me! I'd love a get together!

\

Hi guys! Yes, I was thinking 9/11, just seemed like a day that was open in my book anyhow. Sorry about your recent surgery, but this should be great for helping you get around and be comfortable again.

Anybody else open that date next month, or is it too soon to tell?

\

Hi guys! Yes, I was thinking 9/11, just seemed like a day that was open in my book anyhow. Sorry about your recent surgery, but this should be great for helping you get around and be comfortable again.

\

Nora, Guess I've been taking too many pain killers. I kept looking at the calendar and thinking the 11th was Friday, too bad I was looking at the 9th every time, :wacko: Duh, my bad. The 11th works fine for me,,, now that I am looking at the right day on the calendar .

Julie!

I'm sorry to hear about your gain! That's so frustrating! I've been seriously considering the Sleeve. I fear that I may lose my band at one time in the future, either near or far and fear that I haven't learned enough and my addiction to food will return and I will gain! It's an intense fear, I have. I am very sorry! I'm glad, however, to hear that you had your knee replaced! I hope your pain leaves and your new knee is better than ever! September 11 - works for me! I'd love a get together!

Yes, losing the band is really quite scary. A lot of people told me "Oh, you'll be OK, you;ve learned alot" I may have learned the right things to do, but my addiction was stronger than me :huh: I went right back to my old ways. I am actually happy I haven't gained more. My friend who also lost her band to an eroson (same doc, around the same time) has said the same thing. I wish I had been more proactive and I wouldn't be where I am now.

Yes, losing the band is really quite scary. A lot of people told me "Oh, you'll be OK, you;ve learned alot" I may have learned the right things to do, but my addiction was stronger than me :huh: I went right back to my old ways. I am actually happy I haven't gained more. My friend who also lost her band to an eroson (same doc, around the same time) has said the same thing. I wish I had been more proactive and I wouldn't be where I am now.

It's an addiction and something that is very difficult to live with - Julie don't blame yourself, ever!!! Unlike any other addiction, we must learn to live within boundaries and use behavior modification. IT's the most difficult addiction! I do not think you could have done anything proactively to avoid this!

:o GUESS WHO IS RETIRING???

IT IS OFFICIAL DR. KIRSHENBAUM IS RETIRING!!

HIS RETIREMENT DATE IS OCTOBER 31, 2011.

I know there are a few of you still posting on this site. If anyone would like to send their well wishes to Dr. Kirshenbaum it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to put a scrap book together for him.

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum

1411 S Potomac #340

Aurora, CO, 80012